PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of lowering my car...

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 14:06
http://www.paullynch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lowered.JPG

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Liddo
Thursday 4th December 2008, 16:06
Bloody Hell! You'll need springs that give you a 2000mm drop :D

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 4th December 2008, 16:13
Put the wheels back on first??

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 16:25
LOL!! - in all seriousness I think this will be the next thing on my shopping list! (suspension that is).. thinking about the Koni FSD's and Eibachs as these seem to be a good combo (is this what you have/had on yours WD?).. PFV also stock IPD sway bars as well and a stock strut brace and uprated IPD spring mounts will probably finish the job off nicely..

I'm keen to try and get a balance between performance and comfort as I never quite managed this in my last car and I was forever avoiding cobbles, potholes and any road which didn't resemble velvet! :)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 4th December 2008, 18:09
I've got the Koni FSD and eibachs, with the HD A/R bars from IPD. Works well for me!

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 18:59
I've got the Koni FSD and eibachs, with the HD A/R bars from IPD. Works well for me!

do you have any pics handy of your car after it was lowered? :)

marky 76
Thursday 4th December 2008, 19:28
or if you want to save a few quid i will soon have a set of koni adjustable,s with eibach springs for sale, shocks have covered around 8000 miles and the springs about 3000 i reckon, at least u get to choose the ride comfort with these unlike the fsd ,,, thats my opinion of course, not haveing tried both i dont know and cant compare...hth

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 19:34
or if you want to save a few quid i will soon have a set of koni adjustable,s with eibach springs for sale, shocks have covered around 8000 miles and the springs about 3000 i reckon, at least u get to choose the ride comfort with these unlike the fsd ,,, thats my opinion of course, not haveing tried both i dont know and cant compare...hth

thanks for the reply and option Marky! - I reckon I'll probably go down the FSD route though as at least 95% of my driving is done on roads and the roads in Edinburgh are.. frankly - shocking!.. lol!!

I had KYB AGX 4 way top mount adjustable on my last car and found them to be pretty solid (even on settings 1 and 2!) - I think the design of the FSD's better lends themselves to the type of driving I do.. :)

Enigma666
Thursday 4th December 2008, 20:17

Seeing as Pang isn't interested (yeah I know jump right on in why don't I lol) I may well be interested in these when they come up for grabs :)
Have you got any idea on price at all?

Cheers

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 20:19
Seeing as Pang isn't interested (yeah I know jump right on in why don't I lol) I may well be interested in these when they come up for grabs :)
Have you got any idea on price at all?

Cheers

fill your boots mate! :) - I'm sure Marky's not bothered who he sells them to as long as they go! lol! :) - seems like you might get a bit of a deal as well! :)

Enigma666
Thursday 4th December 2008, 20:27
Fingers crossed mate, I missed Gary's setup because I was still insure if I was buying the 70 or not....wish I had bought them now and used them as an excuse to definitely buy lol

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 21:37
Having driven WD`s motor at a meet last year I can say his combo does work well

excellent! - thanks for that.. :)