PDA

View Full Version : t5r cd changer

al c
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 10:50
Guys,

I need a bit of help here please. I have a T5r saloon, with a sc - 801 headunit. I believe that it should have been wired for a cd player when it left the factory, is this correct? How and where would I check for brackets, cables etc?

I have bought a cd changer from that well know auction site. It has no mounting frame or cables. Where would this fit in a saloon? What would I need to fit it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Al C.

cameron
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 11:37
Hi Al

IIRC the Cd changer should go in the boot on the left hand side, im assuming the boot boards at the sides are the same as the estates.

If they are there should be a plastic cover in which the cd changer should go under. Lift the board at the side of the wheel arch, if there was a cd changer in there then the wires and connectors should still be there.

Somebody on here will probably have the mounting bracket, or if not you could always put it in the glovebox, my mate did but he said it was a pain pulling all the wiring back from the boot to the back of the dash

HTH

Lee

al c
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 19:18
Lee,

Thanks for the info. I had a peek under the board at the lh side, doesn't look like it would fit in there to be honest, but I'll pull it all apart at the weekend.

I'm not sure how it's all wired up, does anyone have a circuit diagram/schematic?

Thanks,

Al C.

cameron
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 20:31
Hi al

This should help you out bud..............

Its for an S70 but exactly the same process iirc :B_thumb:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=34538&highlight=changer

Cheers

Lee

al c
Thursday 4th December 2008, 11:04
Lee,

Thanks for that.

I'll have a look at the weekend when I get home, and see what is what, and what I need to buy.

Regards,

Al C