PDA

View Full Version : V70 R Tailpipes

Pete_T5
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 19:38
I'm going to look at a 2WD V70 R at the weekend but i'm curious about the photo I saw of the rear bumper. It had two tailpipe cutouts but only 1 tailpipe on the left. The seller said the extra cut out on the right was because the 4WD tailpipe was on the right & they used the same rear bumper for both versions. Is that right ? I'm sure i've seen some cars with a tailpipe on both sides too ?

IC
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 19:58
I'm going to look at a 2WD V70 R at the weekend but i'm curious about the photo I saw of the rear bumper. It had two tailpipe cutouts but only 1 tailpipe on the left. The seller said the extra cut out on the right was because the 4WD tailpipe was on the right & they used the same rear bumper for both versions. Is that right ? I'm sure i've seen some cars with a tailpipe on both sides too ?

Hi Pete, the last version of the Classic V70R (the 265 bhp version) had twin exhaust pipes at the back as standard - this was the only version to have the twin pipes at the back as standard. Quite a few people have added another exhaust pipe as a modification. Some cars have the single exhaust on the left, some on the right - so the seller's correct!

Pete_T5
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 20:10
Is it right there was only one bumper though, i.e. a cutout on both sides on all versions ?

IC
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 20:14
Is it right there was only one bumper though, i.e. a cutout on both sides on all versions ?

No, there's two types of bumper. The '97/'98 fwd does not have a cutout on the r/h side.

IC
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 20:18
No, there's two types of bumper. The '97/'98 fwd does not have a cutout on the r/h side.

Funnily enough, I'm sure that I've seen post '98 Rs with a single tailpipe and a shaped templates cutout on the r/h side.

Pete_T5
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 23:41
I guess this is the wrong bumper then ?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Pete_RS2/V70%20T5/v70rbumper.jpg

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 00:16
Either the owner was planning on fitting twin exhausts and got the bumper specially, or its had a rear end bump and they replaced it with and AWD bumper.

The left cutout missing the trim edging around it like the right hand cutout (usually a blank)

Pete_T5
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 00:22
So you can buy a blanking plate from Volvo ?

t5 pete
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 00:25
yeah its a awd bumper why not get a s/s duel exit exhausts if you have enough money im unsure about the blanking plate as i thought you had to cut it out

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 01:16
So you can buy a blanking plate from Volvo ?

Yes (part number would be 9169282), but I would get it from Rufe on the forum. The all you'd need to do is paint it and put the blank in the right hand side and swap the existing trim to the left.

Or get a twin exhaust system!! :biggrin:

abdul
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 09:30
get a twin exhaust

Quicksilver
Saturday 6th December 2008, 20:52
I guess this is the wrong bumper then ?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Pete_RS2/V70%20T5/v70rbumper.jpg

WOW is that one still for sale, I was all set up to look at that one July last year, it was on Pistonheads, I think it was somewhere in the Cotswolds, but I looked at one the day before and bought it so had to cancel.

Mines a Jan 98 and only has the left cutout.

P.S or is it for sale again, the pics are differant but deffo same car.