PDA

View Full Version : Lambda light question

Martinr
Friday 6th May 2005, 10:46
I have just noticed that the Lambda light does not come on when the ignition is switched on.

The car runs fine and seems to perform OK. However, I now can't remember if I have ever seen it on. :slap:

Sure I checked it when I bought the car in December but memory isn't what it used to be!

This leads me to worry that the previous owner may have removed the bulb in order to mask a fault with a sensor etc. Looking at the screws holding the dash it doesn't seem to have been taken apart before. There is no other way to access the warning lights is there?

Before I remove the facia to access the bulb I guess I had better get the codes read :(

Justin
Friday 6th May 2005, 11:06
Hi, 1 hour job to do start to finish, dead easy, honest, that was the first time i did it, now its 40 mins :)

Change the bulb and see if its on, then get the codes read

mraldonnelly
Friday 6th May 2005, 11:35
Martin,

Justin's right. It isn't difficult to get the dash top off and the cluster out.

It could be something innocent like a blown bulb. Hopefully that's all it is and when replaced it lights and extinguishes like it should.

If you do go down the route of removing the dash top it's worth replacing all the bulbs while it's out. When I replaced the ones on my 850 I used a slightly higher voltage bulb to brighten the instruments a little. I think the standard ones are 3v and I used 5v. Or would that be 3w and 5w? Oh I don't know, wattage, voltage, ampage - it's all electricity.

Yes, must be 3w and 5w.

If you're removing the dash top let me know and I can talk you through it (although it'll probably be covered in the Haynes anyway). Just make sure you remove ALL the screws before lifting the dash off.

Regards

Andy