PDA

View Full Version : Door bongs

Baj
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 16:53
Due to Volvos fantastic design decision to leave the sidelights on with the ignition off with no warning sounds I want to fit a door bonger so I dont leave them on like a tw4t.

Questions:
1) Anyone know where I can get a nice bongy sounder, not a nasty bee in a tin-can buzzer?

2) anyone know good places to wire it to?

bonus
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 18:53
baj,if you manage to cobble something together will you post a how to please cos i am forever leaving my lights on(my other car has auto-lights!),cheers an good luck:D

Baj
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 21:32
Someone did suggest the possibility of a download due to other markets requiring such things. I assume this is wishful thinking?

I will write it up if I get anywhere.

LesRED850R
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 10:00
Due to Volvos fantastic design decision to leave the sidelights on with the ignition off with no warning sounds I want to fit a door bonger so I dont leave them on like a tw4t.

Questions:
1) Anyone know where I can get a nice bongy sounder, not a nasty bee in a tin-can buzzer?

2) anyone know good places to wire it to?
Mmmmm, now i thought that you used "bongs " for nefarious activities that are not allowed on a family forum like this,,,,

Baj
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 13:28
I wouldnt know what you mean. :)

Bumping as I really need to sort this

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 3rd December 2008, 13:35
The logical place to wire it IMO is to the sidelight switch and the courtesy light in the drivers door