PDA

View Full Version : (HELP) dead battery again

kwikv70
Sunday 30th November 2008, 13:55
can some one please give any ideas on this???? Ive owned my v70 for 2/half years & I'm on my 3rd battery to be fair i only drive the car twice a week , if i leave the battery connected for more than 2 day's its to flat to fire her up. Ive had a lot of interior lights playing up, the two by your feet & the red lights in the ends of the doors in which i have disconnected, this did seem to help , on saying that its still going flat after around 3/4 days. has any one had similar problem's?????????????????????????

timbo_1975
Sunday 30th November 2008, 16:53
Right- you say that your door markers are staying on, but you disconnected the actual bulbs?

It's not as simple as that though- you must have a wonky door catch micro-switch which is keeping the marker-lights on.

This means the alarm / central locking is not able to enter the dead lock position and then is not entering its sleep mode, so that is what is draining the battery. (and thus killing it)

Replace the faulty door lock and your problems will go away.

Tim..

kwikv70
Sunday 30th November 2008, 19:00
Right- you say that your door markers are staying on, but you disconnected the actual bulbs?

It's not as simple as that though- you must have a wonky door catch micro-switch which is keeping the marker-lights on.

This means the alarm / central locking is not able to enter the dead lock position and then is not entering its sleep mode, so that is what is draining the battery. (and thus killing it)

Replace the faulty door lock and your problems will go away.

Tim..

OK brilliant not to sure which one to start with as there were 3 lights playing up at different times, any ways i will be on the case asap thanks for your help :Handshake

Shortbusdriver1969
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:19
I am having battery problems, every now and then I have a dead battery on my 1996 850. may be its a volvo fault ?