PDA

View Full Version : Vredestein Quatrac3's, the tyre for winter weather....

Babybadger
Saturday 29th November 2008, 22:43
After being very disappointed with eagle f1's, they are just pants in greasy or dry conditions, I have gone back to Vreds again, and boy are they grippy in the wet, or icy damp roads, and it didnt affect the mpg that much. A good tyre for winter roads. Just did 900km's to Yorkshire and back , no problems.....

irf
Saturday 29th November 2008, 22:51
heard good things about these tyres.

wouldn't be surprised if you had the chinese F1s. authentic F1s but made in china, known to be a bit crapper in cold slimy conditions.

pangster
Saturday 29th November 2008, 23:13
just bought new tyres for the better half's beemer.. Ended up getting some Dunlop Sportcontact 3's (I think that's what they're called? LOL!)... I did look for some Vreds but they're quite hard to get up here.. I think I might go down the Vreds route myself when my p6000's wear out.... :)

iGGy
Monday 1st December 2008, 12:50
Just did 900km's to Yorkshire and back

Did you pay for them in Euro's? Thin end of a nasty wedge when people start talking like that!

Glad you're happy with them, nothing worse than not having confidence in your tyres.

Babybadger
Monday 1st December 2008, 12:53
I got them through www.watling-tyres.co.uk local guys to me £100 a corner fitted and balanced. Phone Vredestein UK and they will tell you nearest supplier. The compound on these tyres is superb for UK roads. Bear in mind I have a RICA'd ECU , auto and no traction, and these only slip on a greasy road under full boost....

Try these guys....

Hi-q Mcconechys > Tyre Retailers in Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 4421211 - 5 Bankhead Crossway North, Edinburgh, EH11 4BP (2.82 miles)

850twr
Monday 1st December 2008, 16:09
from my experience Goodyear f1's are soft and sticky as just about anything, altho at the moment i have pirelli p-zero corsa's all round which i am very impressed with, still struggle to get away quickly from t-junctions but i think thats just part of owning a t5.