View Full Version : mbc, boost gauge and pod

markt4
Thursday 5th May 2005, 21:16
the above for just under £100 the mbc is forge motorsport
any good? is that good value? from http://www.europeantuning.com/shop_nl.htm
goto styling

Pedro Fandango
Thursday 5th May 2005, 22:30
MBC is about £30 normally by itself, but i didn't know Forge did a MBC (are you sure its not a bleed valve?)

Ross9
Friday 6th May 2005, 08:09
also, all of the above for £100 would point towards a cheap guage, which really isnt the best idea as it is what you will be using to set the level on the MBC. You want to be spending at least £80 on the guage I would say.

Ross

markt4
Friday 6th May 2005, 08:34
ill ask make sure its not a bleed valve this is the email reply from them ---
Boostgauge is 60 euro
A-pillar pod (for 1x 52mm gauge) is 30 euro
Manual boostcontroller Forge Motorsport is 49 euro
...ive read on here about the differences between bleed valves and mbc and you lot know the differences. its a shame tho most shops dont... i rang a place called revelution in newcastle and asked if they did mbc and the reply was yes we have some bleed valves in!!!

what type of gauge is the one to go for ross theres that many

markt4
Friday 6th May 2005, 08:46
pics from another forum with these gauges in

http://s40concepts.net/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5322&start=0&rid=&S=d52360dc16382cc1093dd9a30ee80a3f

Ross9
Friday 6th May 2005, 09:13
oh, and Jacq just pointed out, I had forgotten, DONT put a pillar pod on your car. It has pillar airbags, if you have a crash instead of a nice soft bag in the face, you get a nice solid boost guage travelling at speed, right in your face.

Unfortunately it does leave where to put the guage a bit of a pain, Jacq has hers in the small space in front of the gearstick, the one in the 305 bhp T4 I was lucky enough to have a go of was mounted under the dash (above your left knee), neither give a spot where you can look at it constantly, but then you should never do mor ethan glance at it when driving to be honest.

Hope this helps

Ross

PS - as for what guage, well I'm not sure, as you say there are lots. Jacq has a Blitz one just now, and I use a Power Engineering one in the Rover, both of these match up with RR places own boost readings. Couldnt say where to get them or how much to pay for these particular ones though as we obtained them from our mates tuning garage. Hopefully others on here, Adam perhaps, could say what they advise customers to use.

siamblue
Friday 6th May 2005, 09:29
Ross i have a S70 and i pulled the plastic trim away from the A pillar roof lining and there was no air bag i could see :jaw: But mine is ex plod. :brokenhea

Ross9
Friday 6th May 2005, 09:37
No worries for you then. We were told the S40 had one and it was inadvisable to fit a pod to it. So thought I best make Mark aware of that and he can make the choice from there, on his own head be it, hopefully not literally lol.

Ross

v6en
Friday 6th May 2005, 09:42
yeah i can't speak for the other volvos but the 2000 T4 at least definitely has pillar airbags, and a friend of ours who is a doctor told me he saw pretty awful facial injuries on a person from their pillar pod smashing them in the chops when their airbags were activated :blowingup

nasty.

jacq.

fraz13
Friday 6th May 2005, 09:46
A like that guage :eek: A want me 1 a them

markt4
Friday 6th May 2005, 10:25
cheers for the info guys...i still have loads of questions so ill be picking your brains later lol :dunce:

Bison
Thursday 12th May 2005, 00:11
Those Boost Gauges are made by Defi, really expensive but they plug into a brain, not vacuum, the brain can have 8 other gauges coming off it as well, my mate has them in his GT4. NICE BUT £££'S Look on ebay for deals!

Bison