PDA

View Full Version : Central locking

shrek
Friday 28th November 2008, 19:29
my key fob wont unlock the rear door on my est, it opens all four doors except the tailgate. i can unlock it with the key and open it but not with the fob. any ideas on how to fix it (got a new battery in the fob)

russell2419
Friday 28th November 2008, 23:01
Dear Shrek,
This is a common fault. The solenoid on the tailgate lock fails and won't release the catch. I'm sure Tomcat mentioned this a short while ago but I can't find the link. If I'm wrong, he'll let me know. The part is only Volvo, so pm Rufe for a good price.

Tomcat
Friday 28th November 2008, 23:35
Er....don't remember mentioning that(although that's nothing new,lol), there is a common fault with the wiring that passes through the tailgate hinges. Sometimes you'll be able to lock the car with the fob sometimes you won't be able to, it's all down to the wiring going to the tailgate around the hinges. However, if it's just your boot that won't lock then odds on it is just the solenoid that's knackered.

cameron
Friday 28th November 2008, 23:51
Try this link, it has a how to on replacing the rear tailgate mechanism.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15879&highlight=tailgate

HTH

Lee

readview
Saturday 29th November 2008, 00:54
Before you start replacing the solenoid you should check for a feed to it with a test lamp while you operate the remote fob.If there is no pulsed feed then the wiring is down not the uit.If you test with the boot lid open dont forget to manually swing the latch to the closed position first.

shrek
Saturday 29th November 2008, 12:23
Cheers for the replys :B_thumb: i will check it out and see what happens.