PDA

View Full Version : Cracking sound from dash over bumps??

Liddo
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 14:19
Does anyones else's dash ( well, the strip that hold's the alarm lights, the one next to the windscreen) make a cracking noise when going over bumps????

Mine does it every now and then, and sometimes its REALLY loud! it puts the sh*ts up me. Anyway, the last time i had this, I removed the wipers, and the cowl below them, and behind the wiper mechanism are fours screws that attach the dash to the bulkhead and I tightened them and it SEEMED ok for a while. Well, its started again! Is there a permanent fix??? Its getting on my t*ts as there isnt a squeak out of it otherwise :mad:

Cheers

Paul

volvokid
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 14:22
It did it to me, my bolts were ok i just took some silicone spray and sprayed between the window and the plastic from inside the car and its gone away.

Liddo
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 14:25
It did it to me, my bolts were ok i just took some silicone spray and sprayed between the window and the plastic from inside the car and its gone away.

Nice one mate, I'll give it a go, and I'll TRY and not spray my windscreen at the same time ;)

Cheers

readview
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 15:49
Just a thought Paul,but have you checked the bolt that holds the engine stabiliser bracket to the bulkhead,i have known these to work loose resulting in a noise such as you describe.
Adam.

Liddo
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 21:35
Just a thought Paul,but have you checked the bolt that holds the engine stabiliser bracket to the bulkhead,i have known these to work loose resulting in a noise such as you describe.
Adam.

LOL, if i knew where it was mate, Id see if it needed tightening. Its coming from the drivers side though. Its like plastic cracking more than anything. I'll take a good look at the weekend

Cheers

Paul

volvokid
Thursday 27th November 2008, 01:42
Nice one mate, I'll give it a go, and I'll TRY and not spray my windscreen at the same time ;)

Cheers

Let me know how you get on. When i first heard the noise i took the top of the dash board off and sprayed dry lube everywere lol but it didnt help :cussing:

T-5HAUN
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 14:42
Mine does that, very annoying.