PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs

markt4
Thursday 5th May 2005, 13:45
just order a set of iridium sparks for my t4 for £32 which seems cheap to some prices i was getting (some places wanted between £45-£55)
code is ngk-bkr6e1x

can be found at http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk

markt4
Saturday 7th May 2005, 09:08
came this morning , so nice quick turnaround from them

andi t5
Saturday 7th May 2005, 11:51
just a small point here has anyone else actually noticed any difference in using these plugs i used them for a couple of years then after getting fed up of paying the daft prices i reverted to standard bosch copper costing 1-50 each from gsf and to be honest i cannot tell any difference whatsoever, any thoughts?

siamblue
Monday 9th May 2005, 09:44
just a small point here has anyone else actually noticed any difference in using these plugs i used them for a couple of years then after getting fed up of paying the daft prices i reverted to standard bosch copper costing 1-50 each from gsf and to be honest i cannot tell any difference whatsoever, any thoughts?

I have Denso Iiridiums on mine,It did seem to pull stronger,But obviuosly that as because my Plats were knackered, I have just bought some coppers at £7 a set from ECP, Just to see what the difference is if any.

After_Shock
Friday 13th May 2005, 17:11
I thought the iridiums simply ran cooler preserving the internals of the engine and preventing some forms of detonation, if I thought correctly then probs wouldnt notice any difference in performance as its merely a form of protection.

John Ret.
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 13:58
I was under the impression that if you drive a modified turbo charged car you should get spark plugs 1 grade colder than stock...

volvotuning
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 14:43
Guys, let's dispell some myths here. Correct plugs are application specific, and this includes driving style.

The plugs must (amongst other things) -

1. Produce a good spark.
2. Be able to last as long as possible without degradation of performance
3. Resist pre-ignition and knock by not running too hot.
4. Not break down under extreme conditions, such as cracked insulation.

Points 2, 3 and 4 are where crap plugs fail miserably compared with a good plug, especially if you drive a modified car very hard.

If you can't feel the difference using cheapo plugs then -

1. You have just put them in and they are fresh
2. You don't drive the car hard very often
3. The car is standard and will run sort of ok on crap plugs
4. Other aspects prevent utilising full performance, such as low grade fuel or wear in another component somewhere, so the plugs themselves make little difference.

Plugs do make a difference. That is 100% certain. Whether they make a difference to your particular application is another matter.

Adam.

dicky b t5
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:04
I've just won a set of genuine Volvo 850 / V70 T5 plugs off ebay , still wrapped up and brand new for £20 + 1.75 p&p , So quite happy ! Any ideas how much these would be from Volvo dealers..?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:16
I've just won a set of genuine Volvo 850 / V70 T5 plugs off ebay , still wrapped up and brand new for £20 + 1.75 p&p , So quite happy ! Any ideas how much these would be from Volvo dealers..?
£19.99 lol, you've been robbed ...

dicky b t5
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:57
£19.99 lol, you've been robbed ...
Thanks Tango mate..Still the good is it would have cost me more than the differance in petrol to pick some up at my nearest Dealers..

Justin
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 18:30
Last time i bought plugs from volvo i had no change from £50

So at £20 i would say they are cheap ;)

dicky b t5
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 20:42

Thanks J , Thats made me feel alot happier.... will phone Volvos on the morrow to find out how much they are..!

dicky b t5
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 16:25

Phoned Volvos this afternoon , Your right J , £42.07inc vat so got a good deal from ebay..!

rocket ron
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 19:08
Phoned Volvos this afternoon , Your right J , £42.07inc vat so got a good deal from ebay..!which just shows what a rip off maindealers are ,nordic (volvoparts2004) can sell em for twenty quid and still make a profit

siamblue
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 20:08
Go to Euro Car Parts and get the Bosch plugs at £8.14 inc a set,

After_Shock
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 20:16
The problem with main dealers is that every department is ran individually so the parts department has to turn a profit otherwise people start getting fired, as with anything mail order their over heads are less hence why they will sell stuff at £2-5 profit rather than £20-30 profit, its not that their ripping people off its because they have to and those orders come from Volvo UK.

rocket ron
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 20:21
Go to Euro Car Parts and get the Bosch plugs at £8.14 inc a set,dead right, ive used them for ages now, great plugs ,who in there right mind would pay volvo fifty quid a time ?,bleeding amazing how some people fall for the, its a "volvo" plug it must be better garbage,the joke is there actually crappy champions in volvo guise!

After_Shock
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 20:25
It wont even be made by Volvo thats the thing so be interesting to know who actually makes them, could well be Bosch.

rocket ron
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 20:54
It wont even be made by Volvo thats the thing so be interesting to know who actually makes them, could well be Bosch.no, its champion at present, scary huh?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 22:59
The problem with main dealers is that every department is ran individually so the parts department has to turn a profit otherwise people start getting fired, as with anything mail order their over heads are less hence why they will sell stuff at £2-5 profit rather than £20-30 profit, its not that their ripping people off its because they have to and those orders come from Volvo UK.
No they just like ripping people off, like the known design fault of the window switch pad, but do they share half the replacement costs ? No.