PDA

View Full Version : Do I or Don't I?

mikouk
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 13:59
My cars in with Russ at RT next week to get the suspension looked at as the car is banging and crashing so somethings gone or is going.

If he finds it to be serious and shocks etc need replacing I'm thinking of upgrading to the Koni shocks and Eibach springs and also getting the RICA upgrade, but I'm not sure whether its worth it so just wondered if anyone had the same setup and could give some advice? The car must only be worth 5 grand at the very most so spending another 2 on it might not be the best idea. I want to keep the car though and really want to do something about the bad handling.

Hopefully, like Russ says, its nothing serious and I can think over it a bit longer.

What do I do????!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Mark

cornclose
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 14:22
Do it.

jonno12
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 16:37
sounds like a good set up mark hows married life treating ya

irf
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 16:49
2 grand?

probably just the top mounts or anti roll bar links

mikouk
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:00
sounds like a good set up mark hows married life treating ya

Its great thanks! I think thats why the cars going wrong, its obviously jealous that I'm spending all my money on someone else! LOL

2 grand?

Yes hopefully it is and then I can have a think about whether I need or want all the other bits. The 2 grand is everything - Suspension shocks, springs, fitting and RICA upgrade and the suspension fix.

I just wondered whether anyone had all this done on there's and what its like.

t5 pete
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 20:31
2 grand?

very true it will most likley be the top mounts that have gone also with regards to spending 2k it depends how long you want to keep the car and what its worth to you but as i say if you buy another car theres gunna be some work to do to that in time unless your very lucky

dave stew
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 21:53
Very true. I reckon it would cost be at least £10k to get the equivalent car as an upgrade, so reckon on keeping what is a perfectly good vehicle in the best condition.

Just banged a new genuine Volvo clutch kit (and slave cylinder) in; fitted 4 x BBS Nebulas and the next job is to renew the suspension.

Either that or sell it for £2000 and buy another unknown quantity.

Do it!

dave stew
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 21:55
The only thing that repeatedly annoys me about my V70 is the chronic steering lock. I am still very impressed at its ability to do big mileages and wonder what other makes of car possess such comfortable seats!

mikouk
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 22:06
Cheers Guys

You're all right and I probably will go for it but it would still be handy to hear from someone who's had it done and whether they think its worth it.

V70R
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 18:57
Cant help with the suspension question, but Russ really helped me out regarding the Rica ECU upgrade. From the conversations I've had with him via e-mail he tells it like it is. I would suggest he'll be 100% honest with you. The upgrade on my R was amasing.

If you can afford it, treat yourself. If not then dont stretch yourself too far.

Good luck !

mikouk
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 19:43
I would suggest he'll be 100% honest with you.

Absolutely, He has been a great help and has said to me to wait till I'm sure. But then I am very indecisive!

shemtek_racing
Sunday 30th November 2008, 18:56
id have to advise not to get the fsd as ive just fitted them on my car and im not impressed bilsteins would be my choice if i could choose again