PDA

View Full Version : Standard Strut Brace

Dacvolvo
Monday 24th November 2008, 12:41
Hi Folks

Just wondering - was the Volvo Strut Brace ever standard on any of the 70 series or was it an optional extra for all cars across the range?

Cheers :D

Tomcat
Monday 24th November 2008, 13:31
Don't think it was ever standard fitment, but it is an optional extra.

Rufe
Monday 24th November 2008, 15:39
on the P1 series it was an optional extra, never fitted as standard.

Total Price for a genuine P1 model strut brace is £71.49 all in...

GENUINE VOLVO STRUT BRACE:
Pn: 9204180
Volvo Price: £79.15 inc vat
Our Price: £67.29 inc vat, plus postage
Postage: £4.20 Royal Mail Standard Parcel Force
Availability: Would be dispatched the day after ordering if ordered by 4:30pm. Please phone me on 01792 790066 if you wish to order

Simon

Dacvolvo
Monday 24th November 2008, 17:48
Awesome - cheers, Guys ;)

P.s. Good price, Rufe :D

timbo_1975
Monday 24th November 2008, 17:51
So, if the Volvo one is fitted- as it is / was a proper Volvo Optional extra, there would be no grounds for an insurance company to start increasing the premium then???

Tim..

Alan M
Monday 24th November 2008, 19:21
So, if the Volvo one is fitted- as it is / was a proper Volvo Optional extra, there would be no grounds for an insurance company to start increasing the premium then???

Tim..

That is correct. As who is to know what optional extras were fitted to the car other than the original purchaser and Volvo? My insurance company told me that only modifactions increasing my cars power or performance output would need to be listed.

MARKY70RRR
Monday 24th November 2008, 21:33
wot insurance company do you use alan

MSc70t5
Monday 1st December 2008, 20:09
Elephant charged me an extra £10 to add the standard Volvo strut brace (again from Rufe/Simon) to my C70. Mark

t5 pete
Monday 1st December 2008, 20:18
what i carnt understand if there genuine volvo parts and optional acesorys you shouldnt have to pay more and i wouldnt think you have to declair them its like with the newer v70's you could upgrade to 18" wheels i think and i bet the insurance wouldnt change

MSc70t5
Monday 1st December 2008, 20:41
Agree, Elephant took the £10 and informed me that I would never get any amount back towards the strut brace should the worse happen! In their eyes I've made my car more attractive, its under the bonnet! its not like a set of wheels. I was sure they may have said that I may drive the car like a loon now?!. I also came clean and added the HID kit which as been on since 2004! (its only a bulb in the standard volvo headlight!) again another £10! so I told them I may leave for esure at which point my insurance quote was re-looked at again and reduced even with the add ons! when the paperwork came through the Strut Brace is down a Suspension upgrade and the HID kit is Rally Spots! don't know why I even bothered telling them!

t5 pete
Monday 1st December 2008, 20:54
well ever volvo perfomance part i fit like the strut brace 203mm brakes wheels i dont tell them due to them being genuine volvo and meet all volvo standards i also think volvo do a uprated suspension kit if i had that o wouldnt tell them about that due to it being genuine volvo and was added as a optional extra by the person who bought the car if ya get wot i mean

thebadger
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 22:49
Insurance is mad! I have a strut brace on my P2 V70 as standard.... so I'm saying hee-haw to my insurers... also I downsized my alloys to 17's this year... again keeping stum! I fitted VOLVO fitted *blinds* which basically tint all my rear windows.... hmmm sound of silence I think.

Unless you add HUGE value, power or theft magnets to your car, let it be! I have a grands worth of cover on my stereo as standard.... worth £350 + about £300 worth of subs & amps (guessed here) so I'm happy with that.

They do ask YOU to put a value on the car! They'll never give you that tho! Stuff em!