PDA

View Full Version : Black or yellow?????????

stainesy
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 10:27
ok i have just bought some eyelids for my T-5 R but what i want to no is do i do them black or do i do them yellow?

took a pic of my car and used paint to put some on it in the 2 colours. i no it looks crap as i did it on paint but you get the idea LOL

witch one looks best? black or yellow?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/black.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P231108_1007.jpg

walter leever
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 10:50
i'm not a fan of these things,

but when i have to choose..... .yellow:rolling_e.

Wombatbomb
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 10:56
I really don't get the point of these? Bearing in mind how poor the standard lights are on these cars, why would you risk making them even worse by blocking part of the lens?????

stainesy
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 11:02
I really don't get the point of these? Bearing in mind how poor the standard lights are on these cars, why would you risk making them even worse by blocking part of the lens?????

its a cosmetic thing. plus the headlights are great at night as i have hid kit

yorkshire R
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 11:06
ide deffo go for the yellow

i had some on my old vectra and one fell off or got stolen so it looked likeit was winking lol

stainesy
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 11:09
ide deffo go for the yellow

i had some only my old vectra and one fell off or got stolen so it looked likeit was winking lol

LMAO :wink:

t5 pete
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 12:30
yellow

stainesy
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 12:33
anybody no the paint code for gull yellow?

kyebosh
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 12:38
anybody no the paint code for gull yellow?

CODE - 607
COLOUR - Cream Yellow
MODEL USED ON - 850 T5-R

stainesy
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 13:04
CODE - 607
COLOUR - Cream Yellow
MODEL USED ON - 850 T5-R

great cheers mate

flyingbrick
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 13:11
Yello mate !!!!

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 16:01
Deffo Yellow

jonno12
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 16:39
yellow black makes it look like its got a hangover

kyebosh
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 16:39
Black eyebrows just don't look right Darling :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/graphics/2008/02/19/do1901.jpg

Volvostorm
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:05
I know its your car, but to me, they always make the car look 'retared'!

abdul
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:21
yellow

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:24
where is the option for "neither it looks fine as it is and besides eyeBROWS are cheap and tacky and fall off"? LOL :D

x

Tomcat
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:26
Watchooo tryin to say????

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:33

CHAV!

:P :shockedbi:hilarious:haha:

x

stainesy
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:46

see i like them. think eyebrows look good. the ones iv got a lower tho

jez.w
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 17:48
I dont like them Stainsey.

irf
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 18:01
whats the writing on the door?

any more side pics of how the car is now?

Chad
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 18:01
yell.com

t5 stealth
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 19:11
i have them on mine,
same colour as car (green)
mine have been on there for over 2 years (i have lense covers) they cant fall off,dont really notice them unless u look close but just changes the line across the headlight,givs it a slight slit eye look lol.
do them yellow ;)....................

CONDYBOY
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 20:28
Yellow

stainesy
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 22:32
whats the writing on the door?

any more side pics of how the car is now?

the writting on the wing says T-5 R with motorsport in small letters underneath it. i debadged the car then made some new badges at work for the wings and the boot. will get some pics up tomorow of the car at the mo

stainesy
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 22:42
this is the T-5 R i have on my wings just above the side repeater. i made them at work in black vinyl. i also have some others i made at work in the bottom pic that i didnt use so if anybody wants any of them i cn send them. say if anybody wants a nice r to put on there wing or something.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P251108_223501.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P251108_223601.jpg

Vikingxl
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 23:08
Just my opinion but the best place for those bits of plastic would be in the bin

stainesy
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 23:18
Just my opinion but the best place for those bits of plastic would be in the bin

cool thanks ones again this site is full of positive input LOL

irf
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 23:22
eagerly awaiting pics of all the stickers you've put on. need to do something similar with mine, this thread is inspiration!

stainesy
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 23:33
eagerly awaiting pics of all the stickers you've put on. need to do something similar with mine, this thread is inspiration!

LOL

theres not loadsa stickers. just put the T-5 R on the wings and on the boot have replaced the volvo on the left with 850 and have replaced the 850 on the right with T-5 R.

it looks realy nice. looks as if the car was made with them on

Tomcat
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 23:34
CHAV!

:P :shockedbi:hilarious:haha:

x

Lol, there's no answering that really is there?.

LesRED850R
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 11:25
ok i have just bought some eyelids for my T-5 R but what i want to no is do i do them black or do i do them yellow?

took a pic of my car and used paint to put some on it in the 2 colours. i no it looks crap as i did it on paint but you get the idea LOL

witch one looks best? black or yellow?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/black.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P231108_1007.jpg
Do em BLACK ! And paint the bonnet BLACK as well.

y2blade
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 12:59

oh yes

Niles
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 13:38
yellow 100%

PEAKUNDER
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 15:24
Yellow

850twr
Wednesday 26th November 2008, 22:58
black does not look right, yellow all the way.

stainesy
Thursday 27th November 2008, 06:52

LMAO no way i hate that black bonnet look. when ever i see a car with a bonnet painted black i just think oh he couldnt aford a carbon bonnet so he painted it black to look like it. the only way i would go for that black bonnet look is if it was real carbon fibre.

willn get some pics up of my motor now at the weekend as when i finnish work its always dark and cant get the pics LOL

LesRED850R
Thursday 27th November 2008, 10:48
YAY VERILY , there has never been a "motosport" Volvo ANYTHING

LesRED850R
Thursday 27th November 2008, 10:50
OH yes April comes twice a year in old Blighty........

LesRED850R
Thursday 27th November 2008, 10:59
Lol, there's no answering that really is there?.
LISTEN .....I Dont know what a chav is but here we have " Stupid F###ers that FU%% up a really nice car with utterly stupid add ons and mods that no sane person would even contemplate and make it look like a FFFFFF KKKK DDD Pice of szhhh iiitttttt. OH they stand out....DO you need to with a GUL T5R ??????????? They are a bit rare anyway.....

LesRED850R
Thursday 27th November 2008, 11:14
[quote=stainesy;198007]LMAO no way i hate that black bonnet look. when ever i see a car with a bonnet painted black i just think oh he couldnt aford a carbon bonnet so he painted it black to look like it. the only way i would go for that black bonnet look is if it was real carbon fibre.

Maybe like yellow engine bits......
Oh now you are being ELITIST against the poor sod who cant buy "" BLING "" for their motor. As you would know the mob in Canada who make the CARBON bits for VOLVO is not currently producing due to the 'Global financial situation ' AND the TOMCAT is doing HIS bit by supplying some parts so why paint things like the CIRCUS was in town ??? Volvospeed has some great decals for the windows ......PM me for the contact/paypal,etc Lets not make the ICON VOLVOs like T5Rs and 850 Rs a joke on the highways nd byways of the World .....Theres enough F && K W YY TT SS out there already....................

irf
Thursday 27th November 2008, 12:04
OH yes April comes twice a year in old Blighty........

Les, shurrrup!! can't you see there's a work of art in the making here????:rolleyes2

sorry stainesy, yes i was taking the pee but Les ruined it:troutslap

fwiw, in slightly more diplomatic terms, the basic gul is a lovely car. adding stuff to it that isn't functional makes it look pretty crap IMHO.

y2blade
Thursday 27th November 2008, 13:25

ditto, i hate the clean and descrete look of mine, i feel the need to bling it up a bit now...maybe some tribal stickers on the bonnet and running down the sides away from the front wheels in a flame styleeee :cool:

Tiny 12
Thursday 27th November 2008, 13:48
These are iconic cars if they were buildings they would be listed!!!

especially your t5R in Gul……leave as is

if you really wanted to put stickers on the car I would defo go for prancing moose ones...I got an extra 50 bhp (per sticker) out of my car!!!!

sorry these are just my purest views

stainesy
Thursday 27th November 2008, 17:49
so let me get this strait you guys are saying that it is rong to put T-5 R on a T-5 R? the way i look at it is not many people no what my car is just by lookin at it. judging by the amount of people that try to race me they just think its a volvo estate that somebody has put alloys on. thats what i thought before i learned about volvo,s. i am proud that i drive a T-5 R and i want people to no what it is. and the eyelids are a tiny mod thati think make the car look that bit meaner. its not as tho i have chopped the car up or wacked big spoilers on it. there just a set of bloody eyelids. the words mountain and mole hill spring to mind.

i put the eyelids on to see if they fitted today after work to see what they looked like. took this oic. still need to paint them and fit them propply tho.

here is the pic for thoses of you that are open minded enough to exept somebody wants to do something a tiny bit diferant than keeping it looking stock.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P271108_1640.jpg

irf
Thursday 27th November 2008, 18:14
there's a hidden message here, lets see if you can understand it with regards to your car:smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/barryboys/d7c77f5d9822385696515459beb6f012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/barryboys/617cc0a1c7fe682c78bc0e78a49f056a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/barryboys/48a801ed6f888e9aa62f9fa869cfe9f7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/barryboys/d98a74d1183a33625f6ed7b056af93c0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/barryboys/273f7c1fdb9f5900c60664a9b3e9a5dd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/barryboys/GuybrushThreepwoodL577HWL2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/barryboys/GuybrushThreepwoodL577HWL6.jpg

in case you still don't get the message. your car is turning into a chav wagon!!!

and i'm not just talking about the headlight plastic strip cover thingies:slap:

jez.w
Thursday 27th November 2008, 18:48
Poor Stainsey is getting alot of stick for the sake of some eyelids things. I think he has a different idea of mods than most people but at least eyelids and stickers are reversible. I prefer subtle mods myself, such as nice alloys, lowered suspension, sports exhaust etc, but each to their own.

jez.w
Thursday 27th November 2008, 18:51
That black Honda Prelude above is a pile of arse, and it probably cost a few grand to make it look that bad too.

irf
Thursday 27th November 2008, 18:55
Poor Stainsey is getting alot of stick for the sake of some eyelids things. I think he has a different idea of mods than most people but at least eyelids and stickers are reversible. I prefer subtle mods myself, such as nice alloys, lowered suspension, sports exhaust etc, but each to their own.

i can honestly say i didn't put those pics up maliciously. just trying to get across the message that he does have a nice car, don't ruin it, as you make the car faster, it will naturally look better.

jez.w
Thursday 27th November 2008, 18:56
i can honestly say i didn't put those pics up maliciously. just trying to get across the message that he does have a nice car, don't ruin it, as you make the car faster, it will naturally look better.

I think you are right

stainesy
Thursday 27th November 2008, 19:04
in case you still don't get the message. your car is turning into a chav wagon!!!

and i'm not just talking about the headlight plastic strip cover thingies:slap:

ok then apart from the eyelid bits that aint to everybodys liking what about my car is chavvy?

the car on the outside is totaly standered apart from the T-5 R stickers on the wings. and it is a T-5 R. would love to no your reasons for thinking its chavvy

flyingbrick
Thursday 27th November 2008, 19:25
Hi mate. I think the 850 T5R looks great as standard it doesent need any extra bits and bobs on the outside. But that is just my opinion its your car you do wot ya want fella. I like the idea of wolf in sheeps clothing and the mods out the way and under the bonnet.

Mark......

stainesy
Thursday 27th November 2008, 19:43
Hi mate. I think the 850 T5R looks great as standard it doesent need any extra bits and bobs on the outside. But that is just my opinion its your car you do wot ya want fella. I like the idea of wolf in sheeps clothing and the mods out the way and under the bonnet.

Mark......

dont get me rong i do see where you lot are coming from but comparing a set of eyelids to the cars in the pics above is a tad ott in my eyes and blooody rediculas tbh.

its being made out as if i am totaly chavving my car up with add ons when in realality i have put new T-5 R badges on a T-5 R and put some eyelids on.

some people realy like to go over the top

irf
Thursday 27th November 2008, 19:50
your car mate do what you want.i'll say it again, i'm not trying to be malicious and yes, those pics above are over the top but if you carry on, who knows?

does any chav car have an owner who thinks their car is chavvy? doubt it.

again, this is just my opinion, but spending money on pipes that will look pretty and blue and cover the brake lines amongst other things and then getting kendal tyres or whatever, well, enough said.

not wanting to get banned so i won't post anymore on this thread, i used to like yellow T5-Rs as well.

stainesy
Thursday 27th November 2008, 19:58
your car mate do what you want.i'll say it again, i'm not trying to be malicious and yes, those pics above are over the top but if you carry on, who knows?

again, this is just my opinion, but spending money on pipes that will look pretty and blue and cover the brake lines amongst other things and then getting kendal tyres or whatever, well, enough said.

not wanting to get banned so i won't post anymore on this thread, i used to like yellow T5-Rs as well.

so what you are saying is because i dont have the best make tyres and i want a nice clean looking engine bay im a chavv? why do i need the top of the range tyres? i dont take my car on race trax. so if you think people are chavvs for not having the best stuff dont that make you a snob?

t5 stealth
Thursday 27th November 2008, 19:59
god i think this has been said before.......just do what you want.
its your car,you own it,you pay for it.
its a volvo estate,same as all the other volvo estates except its yellow.
im sure you have enough taste not to make it look like those awfull pictures lol,iv got eyebrows on mine,they hardly notice,
christ if you want chaved up then look at mine,
to most people these cars are a volvo estate,nothing more,
they dont know that its got a big chin or a diffrent turbo.
im afraid i dont wana follow the sheep & look like every other volvo on the road lol...no disrespect to other comments on here,im sure they are just trying to stop you doing something silly to a nice car,atleast the eyebrows can be removed if you dont like them,besides im sure there is still a few more yellow ones about lol.
i will add this isnt meant to start an arguement......lol.

irf
Thursday 27th November 2008, 20:01
pmsl, i'm a snob:lol::lol:

t5 pete
Thursday 27th November 2008, 20:02

I think all irf is trying to say is these cars are not really boyracer cars and not really made for body kits and stickers what i try to do with myne is make it look sleek i would rather spend the money on perfomance parts e.g. brakes, suspension, strutbrace and power upgrades if your wanting something different as a add on i would go for the front splitter that tom cat is making these cars are known as wolfs in sheeps clothing and thats the way i want my car to be and remember you car is a very rare one espically with the gul colour if you keep it mostly standard in look wise it will be worth a lot more money that one with body parts added on

stainesy
Thursday 27th November 2008, 20:06
god i think this has been said before.......just do what you want.
its your car,you own it,you pay for it.
its a volvo estate,same as all the other volvo estates except its yellow.
im sure you have enough taste not to make it look like those awfull pictures lol,iv got eyebrows on mine,they hardly notice,
christ if you want chaved up then look at mine,
to most people these cars are a volvo estate,nothing more,
they dont know that its got a big chin or a diffrent turbo.
im afraid i dont wana follow the sheep & look like every other volvo on the road lol...no disrespect to other comments on here,im sure they are just trying to stop you doing something silly to a nice car,atleast the eyebrows can be removed if you dont like them,besides im sure there is still a few more yellow ones about lol.
i will add this isnt meant to start an arguement......lol.

thank you. as iv said i do understand where people are coming from but the way some people on here go about saying things is just ott. it seems to me that most people on here do exactly the same things to there cars as everybody els. i bet if you but most of the cars together in a row they would all be the same apart from the colours. i dont wona be the same as everybody els.

i mean god dam its a sad world when just a set of eyelids can cause such a bitchy and ott debate.

irf
Thursday 27th November 2008, 20:08
and useless blue pipes.

sorry, i'm SORRY, i'm just getting sucked into this. i'll stay out now.

Tomcat
Thursday 27th November 2008, 20:58
Just to add my two penneth, I like eyebrows, I have a set on mine, however the ones you've manged to purchase are a little extreme, they cover up half the headlight.

volvokid
Thursday 27th November 2008, 22:13
I tend to agree with T/C i like the smaller one's, I think the ones in your picture cover to much of the lights is that legal? my old Mk3 Golf had lids but only small ones

t5 stealth
Thursday 27th November 2008, 23:43
i think the picture is to give people an idea what it looks like,
i dont think thats the actual eyebrows,just been altered on his pc for reference,not the actual item

colnotts
Friday 28th November 2008, 00:26
do as you want stainesy. its your motor mate.... as for your tyres some cheap ones are very very good. its like being at school if you aint got nike ??????
its all fun
stianesy your car is different thats what makes it yours keep it up mate

volvokid
Friday 28th November 2008, 02:54
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P271108_1640.jpg

These are the ones he bought. I will say one thing it does look mean

LesRED850R
Friday 28th November 2008, 11:42
These are the ones he bought. I will say one thing it does look mean
They do seem larger than usual. considering the crap output of 850 h/lights they may cut too much light?? Do em yella and delete the wipers too . The bumpers look good colour coded to body colour [ smooth off the rough of the black or lightly fill and paint ] [side molds as well ] As for OTT and bitchiness......well you asked the Q in the 1st place and like good forum family members we payed out on you no no i mean we offered our considered and intelligent opinions to help you out,is all....Hope the new addition to the Stainsy crew is well [and mum ] Good luck dude!!

Vikingxl
Friday 28th November 2008, 12:03
Stainesy you do seem to be getting s lot of stick here mate but i can assure you all i did was give my opinion that i dont like the eyebrows. It wasnt a go at you or your car i just dont like the look on the cars. If i liked it then i would probably have had a set on mine but i didnt do i didnt lol.

At the end of the day its your car and you do what you want with it and if people dont like it thats up to them. Im sure people didnt like some of the mods i made to my V70 but i still did it.

The problem with asking questions like this on a forum is that you will get all sorts of answers some of which you might not like.

Anyway are you coming to the herts xmas meet??

850twr
Friday 28th November 2008, 13:44
yeh but they are nasty, lol!

stainesy
Friday 28th November 2008, 17:26
foook it im just gona loose the wipers paint the wiper panel black and do the eyelids black and give it 2 black eyes lol

LesRED850R
Saturday 29th November 2008, 13:23
foook it im just gona loose the wipers paint the wiper panel black and do the eyelids black and give it 2 black eyes lol
OHH YEAH !!! Now i can believe in our Man Stainsey,,,,Can you join Me in the "Matt black rear spoiler club " [ Volvospeed ] As to black -eyes i think you would be doing a Public service notice that Blokes that work so hard for their Families and are away from home so much that they get no sleep [otherwise they wont get to interact with their Families..............and therefore have black eyes.......] GEE , you are on the Ball old son . If you do all black , get the black angel eyes as well . IF you want to go stupid..put a big black [ Ford ] type stripe over the top...

stainesy
Saturday 29th November 2008, 14:57
OHH YEAH !!! Now i can believe in our Man Stainsey,,,,Can you join Me in the "Matt black rear spoiler club " [ Volvospeed ] As to black -eyes i think you would be doing a Public service notice that Blokes that work so hard for their Families and are away from home so much that they get no sleep [otherwise they wont get to interact with their Families..............and therefore have black eyes.......] GEE , you are on the Ball old son . If you do all black , get the black angel eyes as well . IF you want to go stupid..put a big black [ Ford ] type stripe over the top...

LOL it was a joke mate. i am after xmas getting the black angel eyes tho. think they look good on yellow.

but yeah i no what you mean about the black eyes i have 6 kids and no sleep ever LOL