PDA

View Full Version : S60 rear electronic module

pdwb
Saturday 22nd November 2008, 18:32
after many months of issues i took my car to pilling volvo who charged me 300 to tell me my REM needed replacing and my batt was knackered and replaced that, i just wondered having taken the module out of my car, is it car spercific and programmed to the front end or is it just a PCB as it looks to me that slots in and then plug the relays back in. they quoted £440 to do the job but i wonered if i can just swap it out myself.

i guess its a volvo only part but swapping myself will save loads at their labour charges.

please help

pdwb
Thursday 27th November 2008, 17:53
well impressed with the amount of replies but thought i'd let you know my findings, turns out the REM needs software to allow the ECU to talk to it so no way of getting out of volvos £440 tag, pants

pdwb
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 22:33
update, after refusing to believe volvos report i didnt take my car in for the REM job, 2 weeks later all the electrics came up again and no probs since thus proving it wasnt a dead REM and saved myself £450. thanks piling

V70R
Thursday 29th January 2009, 19:43
just for info there is a service note against PII V70's and S60 regarding this module. The suggestion is that it should be relocated in the boot space rather than above the rear wheel.

pdwb
Saturday 31st January 2009, 16:12
mine is behind the access panel for the near side rear lights,

V70R
Saturday 31st January 2009, 18:51
sorry for the incorrect info, must just be the V70's