PDA

View Full Version : P1 V70 T5 Niggles and gremlins!

dave854
Friday 21st November 2008, 12:50
Has any ever experianced a rattly front head rest?! my driver side one rattles over most bumps and is really quite annoying!! It seems to be loose where the two headrest legs fit into the seat. I've tried a bit of tape on here but it wears out!

Any ideas?!

The gremlins also seem to have snuck into the car too... every now and then after you start the car, when you would expect all the dash warning lights to go out, a random combination of Engin Management, ABS & STC stay on... although there is never a fault code behind them! stopping and restarting sometimes works but othertimes it will put on a different combination! Interestingly the ABS & STC don't work when the lights are on (which you would expect with a normal fault).
Another starting problem is that sometimes the car will turn and turn and turn and turn and turn (you get the idea!) and not fire. Try again and goes first time.

I cannot fathem this out, but am wondering is a knackered ignition barrel would be the cause of both these starting woes? I can't see any other obvious faults, car is in good condition and well maintained.

Any thought happily recieved!

Thanks all :)

dave854
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 09:32
Any ideas anyone? Problem seems to be happening daily now... non start randomly and ABS / Traction light.

the car interestingly drives very badly when the ABS & STC lights are on, poor throttle responce, no cruise control, no ABS and no STC. Turning the car off and restarting turns the lights off and she drives o.k again until next time.

I did manage to get one code a few months back which was something about speed signal fault but it didn't specify which sensor. I'll have another look tonight to see what codes are there.

I have read that the wheel sensors can get dirty / corroded so i'll have a look at those

Any help or suggestions greatfully recieved!!!!