PDA

View Full Version : Debadging

V70Stu
Wednesday 19th November 2008, 00:12
Hi All,

Thinking of de-badging the back end of my v70, has anyone already done anything similar and can confirm if the lettering is stick-on or am I going to find locating holes behind the lettering?

Rather than levering them off I remember someone suggesting to slice it down with nylon fishing line - does that seem right?

Many thanks

Stu.

volvokid
Wednesday 19th November 2008, 05:10
Yeah you can use some sort of fishing line then clean the glue with petrol and some polish or use a label remover.
They are just stuck on but be sure to measure were the badges are sitting just now cuz there's nothing worse than seeing a car with the badges fitted in the wrong places if you decide to refit them later, I saw an 855 not too long ago with all the badges inline with the boot handle.
Remember there is a whole lot of boot on these cars and it might look a bit bear naked.

mikouk
Wednesday 19th November 2008, 13:58
Hi

I used a Hairdryer on mine, they came off really easily. Then used the Dryer to heat up the remaining glue and just used my thumb to rub it off. I think it looks much better.

cegc70t
Wednesday 19th November 2008, 16:42
lol I have just Re-badged the c70 today lol

dave stew
Wednesday 19th November 2008, 16:47
After some scum bags stole my 'classic' V70 T5 off the drive, I debadged my current P2 as soon as I got it home - it's always run without an engine badge now.

I used a kettle of boiling water, by the way - easy and no scratches.

Mind you, now it's on 18" Nebulas and I get the lowered suspension, the T5 is going back on!

samadkins29
Friday 28th November 2008, 05:01
I used orange peel cleaner(not orange peel, but its heavy duty stuff) Picked them off and used a razor blade to get the rest off. Please note my car is white and scratches DONT show. If you have a dark I prolly wouldnt do what I did.