PDA

View Full Version : Flashing????

celsis
Saturday 15th November 2008, 09:49
Just as a matter of interest, I had a guy flash me to warn me of a speed trap ahead, but couldn't flash him back. Is the anyway of flashing the headlights on a S40?

neevo
Saturday 15th November 2008, 13:53
Firstly I dont hve an S40 but I've found that with most cars that have a flick on flick off arrangement for going from dipped to mainbeam a quick and light dab of the lever will casue a flash when to turn them full on uses slightly more travel.

This rule is for when you have dipped beams on, guring the day if the headlights are off then the default option is to flash

Best way to test it is to go out tonight and park teh car in front of a wall or behind a parked car/ or better yet van and test away. You will get the feel after a few goes

Clearly I could be totally wrong and talking out my poophole but i think I'm correct :beer:

jimka
Saturday 15th November 2008, 20:44
you can flash s40 lights, just pull the stick back :)

CONDYBOY
Sunday 16th November 2008, 23:25
Yep half way when on Headlights or youll put the mains on, If you're on running lights a full pull (OOER) will only give a quick flash (OOER again).

Stevie-Boy
Tuesday 18th November 2008, 13:03
Yup your problem is probably that you're just using the 'always on' headlights. To use things like full beam and fog lights etc, you'll need to manually put the headlights on.

yorkshire R
Tuesday 18th November 2008, 13:07
i pulled up at a zebra crossing late saturday night and two nice young ladies gave me a flash he he.i that your driving with the lights on all the time

Stevie-Boy
Wednesday 19th November 2008, 14:34
I tried this last night and even with headlights in the always on mode and not actually switched on by the switch, my high beams did flash.