PDA

View Full Version : Centre Speaker

Cubes
Friday 14th November 2008, 13:02
Hi all.

Despite my best efforts I still have an annoying vibration coming from the Pro Logic centre speaker on the dash. Has anyone out there ever removed to cover? And if so, how???

thebadger
Friday 14th November 2008, 16:24
I took the cover off my speaker by taking out the air vents, but it's a p2 v70...

Should work tho!

Clips are inside the vents btw!

thebadger
Friday 14th November 2008, 16:39
Found a good pic of what's under the grill!

http://www.krypet.net/rti/hal.jpg

Cubes
Friday 14th November 2008, 17:38
Looks like I've got some exploring to do!

ctautos@btinternet.com
Friday 14th November 2008, 19:26
befor you take off the grill.the green connecter is not off the speaker i think it is off the back of the cd/radio need help you can call me 07771554978

Cubes
Saturday 15th November 2008, 01:10
Thanks fella. I'm not going to get the chance to have a tinker about with it now for a few days, what with birthday drinks an' all! I will have a crack at it when I sober up! In the meantime, any other suggestions are more than welcome!! Keep 'em comin...

ctautos@btinternet.com
Saturday 15th November 2008, 08:39
Thanks fella. I'm not going to get the chance to have a tinker about with it now for a few days, what with birthday drinks an' all! I will have a crack at it when I sober up! In the meantime, any other suggestions are more than welcome!! Keep 'em comin...

the easy way out is to take out the dash it is simple.the easiest i have done cheers

Baj
Monday 17th November 2008, 02:35
On mine I needed to get the wire mesh off first.
It is the same as normal speakers in that there is a groove all te way round that the mesh sits in. It has tabs which make it tricky and is almost impossible to do without bending it.
Watchmakers screwdrivers helped.

Again mine is a P2

ctautos@btinternet.com
Monday 17th November 2008, 07:59
On mine I needed to get the wire mesh off first.
It is the same as normal speakers in that there is a groove all te way round that the mesh sits in. It has tabs which make it tricky and is almost impossible to do without bending it.
Watchmakers screwdrivers helped.

Again mine is a P2

hi if you look at the speaker there is no way of getting the speaker off.the only way of changing the speaker would be to remove the dash.pop in to your volvo dealer and they will advise if not i might be in manchester the end of the week hope this help"s

Cubes
Monday 17th November 2008, 14:12
Thanks for the advice. I won't get chance to have a look at it until back end of the week but I will bare all the above in mind for when I do. I might well be back...!

siamblue
Monday 17th November 2008, 14:55
Mine was a right cow to get off, obviously it had never been off, i thought at one point i was going to break it,

Gary

thebadger
Monday 17th November 2008, 23:52
REMOVE THE AIR VENT!!!!

ps, the green socket is for an RTI system, not a stereo!

I took out the centre airvent in the console & pushed the clips out from below! No broken bits!

siamblue
Monday 17th November 2008, 23:56
Well my centre speaker and pro logic system both had a Green connector,

thebadger
Tuesday 18th November 2008, 21:43
Siam, how many wires does one speaker need?

It is the RTI, look at the link name... it's off an RTI how to guide i've been looking at!

Thinking of going down the pop up monitor road soon!

Sadly I have bought an old screen that uses that socket & not a new one which uses an easily got aftermarket one!

Tsk!