PDA

View Full Version : Dodge RAM SRT-10 with Viper V10 on the dyno

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 13:58
OK, I know it's not a Volvo, but we have one on the dyno today and it's producing this in standard form -

http://www.dyno-tuning.com/dyno-tuning/DodgeV10.JPG

Enjoy!

Adam.

siamblue
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 14:09
Not bad for a pick up lol,I wanted one of them when i emigrate to Thailand but they don't have a franchise over there and the import tax is 50-85% of their(Thai Cuatoms)valuation.

What a lovely motor though drooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllll..

MattV70
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 15:02
I'd like to see the graph of one that's been remapped!

Is there much potential to play with the software on them?

lance
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 15:35
Thats probably the similar engine as in a Dodge Viper or a Bristol Fighter the top of the range being 630-660bhp basic being 550.

The graphs ok but I would have loved to have been the dyno tester of a V10 engine!
The sound must be awsome :worthless SOUNDS

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 15:40
Half of Bromsgrove gathered round to watch, cos they heard it on the dyno!!! It's quite spectacular.

Adam.

juggernaut
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 17:16
Could someone explain these graphs to the less technically gifted!? What I mean is, for instance, what gear these figures were taken in, what speed( if dyno's register this) the car was doing in each gear before changing up, etc. Would be easier, I guess, to get claimed HP figures in the lower gears, so if say someone claimed they had 300bhp, it may have 300bhp in 3rd gear at 7000rpm but it may not produce that power in top gear at 7000rpm. Could someone please take the time to explain how these things work, that way when all of those going to the dyno day post their results we can work out where the cars are producing the power,in what gear and rpm and speed achieved.Cheers.

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 17:49
The runs are done in the most direct gear, in this case 4th. You keep in 4th gear for the whole dyno run, so you start from say 1500 rpm and finish at 6000 rpm, all in 4th gear and all at full throttle.

For more explanations, go to our web site www.volvotuninguk.com and click on the rolling road link to find out more.

We will explain everything at the start of the dyno day anyway.

Adam.

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 17:50
By the way, so far we've got an extra 30 bhp and 50 lb.ft from this engine! Will finish tuning it tomorrow. Don't forget, this is power and torque at the wheels, not at the engine.

Adam.

chriskay
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 20:15
Hey, Adam, the owner of my shooting club has a Merc. with a reputed
700 BHP. Think he's interested in a run.
Cheers, Chris.

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 20:30
By all means! Get him to book a dyno session. No problems with 700 bhp!

Adam.

V70RAWD
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 22:50
Hi Adam
does your new 'dyno' take 4WD (awd) ? I don't really fancy having me rear wheels just jacked off the ground while flooring it !
Cheers

V8guitar
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 22:56
Sorry to interupt but Dodge RAM SRT - Yeah baby!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:38
Hi Adam
does your new 'dyno' take 4WD (awd) ? I don't really fancy having me rear wheels just jacked off the ground while flooring it !
Cheers

We can't run the old AWD, but it's not recommended anyway. But we can do the new Haldex AWD because we can run that as a 2WD. So no probs with New V70R and S60R.

Adam.

After_Shock
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:42
Adam out of curiosity why is it not adviseable to run awd on the rollers? Obvioulsy with regards to having an AWD rolling road not just a 2wd one!

So what I read somewhere about being able to disable part of the AWD system so the car runs in 2wd on the newer R models is true?

V70RAWD
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:48
We can't run the old AWD, but it's not recommended anyway. But we can do the new Haldex AWD because we can run that as a 2WD. So no probs with New V70R and S60R.

Adam.

Thanks now I'm feeling very old !!! well at least my car !

Again thanks for your prompt response and recomendation , I'm allways very sensitive to my AWD (even at MOT's, where I refuse them testing the brakes on the two wheel rollers and make them use a 'on the road' de-accleromater thingy !)

Cheers (I will be ringing tomorrow to talk brakes ..see V70 appends)

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:55
Adam out of curiosity why is it not adviseable to run awd on the rollers? Obvioulsy with regards to having an AWD rolling road not just a 2wd one!

So what I read somewhere about being able to disable part of the AWD system so the car runs in 2wd on the newer R models is true?

The old AWD system is a permament 4WD and was prone to damage during coast down on a 4WD dyno due to the speed differential between the front and rear. On the new AWD system, the diffs are electronically controlled and the rear wheels can in fact be completely disengaged. This actually gives much more accurate power readings as you don't have the electronic torque distribution interfering with the dyno measurements. The new AWD can be run safely on 4WD dynos too.

Adam.

volvotuning
Thursday 5th May 2005, 14:04
Final tune. Not a huge improvement, but still an improvement!

Adam.

volvotuning
Thursday 5th May 2005, 23:16
Go to www.dyno-tuning.com and click on the gallery page. Gives you an idea as to the size of the beast.

Adam.

siamblue
Thursday 5th May 2005, 23:41
Very nice Adam i bet it sounded as nice as it looked,
So any super cars/trucks turning up on Saturday?As well as our lot.

After_Shock
Friday 6th May 2005, 00:43
Yeah that thing is huge!

Shame the front wheels cant be completely disengaged to give a RWD fun machine!

With disengaging the rear wheels so its only running the fronts does that not give a false power rating as it will be loosing less through transmission losses which once the AWD is reactivated you will be loosing out back on the road?

volvotuning
Friday 6th May 2005, 01:26
Very nice Adam i bet it sounded as nice as it looked,
So any super cars/trucks turning up on Saturday?As well as our lot.

No, just the Volvos!

Adam.

volvotuning
Friday 6th May 2005, 01:31
Yeah that thing is huge!

Shame the front wheels cant be completely disengaged to give a RWD fun machine!

With disengaging the rear wheels so its only running the fronts does that not give a false power rating as it will be loosing less through transmission losses which once the AWD is reactivated you will be loosing out back on the road?

The Dodge is 2WD. If you're referring to the S60R, then technically yes however the calculation back to the fly will still yield the same results, and remember that on the road the split is 95% to the front under normal conditions.

Adam.

After_Shock
Friday 6th May 2005, 13:28
Yeah I was referring to the S60 R, true it runs most power to the front most of the time, is their no way of accessing that set up so it can be altered to run more power to the back most of the time?