PDA

View Full Version : Mintex discs and pads, anyone used em??

Liddo
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 10:24
Im looking at buying at set of 302mm discs and pads by Mintex for my C70. Has anyone used them???

Im sure Ive used the pads before on my old Scoobs, but ive never tried the discs.

Cheers

Paul

cameron
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 10:45
Stainesy has some on his T5R im not sure if they are 302's though.

I have Mintex on the white 855 T5 not grooved and drilled but ive never had any problems with them ;)

Cheers

Lee

alileg69
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 11:00
Put mintex discs and pads on teh front when i upgraded to 302's. Abs has trouble stopping the wheels locking up now, as the drystone wall found out last week!! Got a nice R bumper out of it tho!!

As below actually, the do fade a little on hard long braking.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 11:09
I've got mintex drilled and grooved 280mm on my fronts, I did have the pads on too, but they wore out. Stopping power was great, but I'd advise buying a performance pad as I experienced some fade when hard braking from 70+ to 0. I've now got genuine Volvo pads on, and they're not as good as the mintex ones were.

Jaseb77
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 11:16
I have run the Mintex pads and disk on both the s60 and 302's on the C70 for a while now, and find them very good, with an excellent first bite .

price comparable, or cheaper to Volvo ones

Liddo
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 13:47
Stopping power was great, but I'd advise buying a performance pad as I experienced some fade when hard braking from 70+ to 0. I've now got genuine Volvo pads on, and they're not as good as the mintex ones were.

LOL, Im 40 now, so driving like a looney has virtually gone out of the window now. I only have the odd splurge now and then.

I just wanted a better brake feel than i have a present, i.e, crap!
I've had the fluid renewed, and its now better, but not great, hence the need for new discs and pads

Thanks for all the replys guys, I will be ordering them today

Oh, and they are only £75.00 for 302 discs and pads....Bargain ;)

cameron
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 13:56
£75 is a bargain, i might get some of that action :D

And the bigger carriers are still on ebay as well Bonus ;)

Cheers

Lee

Liddo
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 14:20
Is this the correct pad guys??? The other type doesnt have the V cut out at the top of the pad

http://www.apec-braking.co.uk/images/Large/PAD-813.jpg

Liddo
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 15:02
It's ok, the company have said they WILL fit :)

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 16:07
I'm not a loony LOL (as such) but you never know when you're gonna need to hit the brakes, and hard!

The V bit is for the pad wear sensor fitted to police spec volvos (i think), so it shouldn't be a problem.

Liddo
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 18:58
I'm not a loony LOL (as such) but you never know when you're gonna need to hit the brakes, and hard!

The V bit is for the pad wear sensor fitted to police spec volvos (i think), so it shouldn't be a problem.

LOL, i never said YOU where a loony ya loon :D

Im just gonna order them, at £65.00 all in & 12 delivery, there a bargain ;)