PDA

View Full Version : Replacing 850R paddle clutch

mark_eire
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 21:41
Hey all,

I am getting more frustrated with the paddle clutch in my 850R by the day!!
Don't get me wrong, it's great on an open road when your driving it as it's meant to be driven, however Dublin traffic isn't exactly what you'd call ideal and my left leg is starting to feel the effects from the heavy pedal!! lol

I am considering just replacing the clutch with an oem 850R clutch as I've read it can easily cope with the power, my car is only moderately remapped to 280bhp so don't see any problem's? Or am I mistaken!!

Is this a good idea or should I just leave it as is and put up with a sore left leg everyday!

Finally, how big a job is it to replace the clutch? I'm not going to attempt it myself but I just want to get an idea of what I can be expecting to pay for the change over?

Thanks in advance!

Al115
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 21:56
Standard clutch will be fine with that power... should have no problems.

volvolised
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 22:01
You should defo be fine with an 850R clutch, i just tried a 850r plate with a standard casing and had some slip (on a to be confirmed on the 22nd, 300+ bhp) so am going to the whole 850R clutch set up will let you know by next monday......

spesh
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 22:19
just uprate the pressure plate with the standard clutch, it will cope with whatever you throw at it then

mark_eire
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 22:28
Thanks lads!
How big of a job is it to change? Am I looking at a massive bill!! lol

pangster
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 22:34
You should defo be fine with an 850R clutch, i just tried a :slap::hilarious:hilarious:B_thumb:850r plate with a standard casing and had some slip (on a to be confirmed on the 22nd, 300+ bhp) so am going to the whole 850R clutch set up will let you know by next monday......

clutches aren't rated on power they're rated on torque.. seems to be quite a common misconception... :troutslap

Engineer
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 19:12
clutches aren't rated on power they're rated on torque.. seems to be quite a common misconception... :troutslap

As are some peeps common misconseptions (did we spell that right? :D) regarding AFR's :troutslap

pangster
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 19:53
As are some peeps common misconseptions (did we spell that right? :D) regarding AFR's :troutslap

who has any misconceptions about AFR's? and what do AFR's have to do with clutches? :confused::doh::shhh: