PDA

View Full Version : Boot liners

dave stew
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 20:01
Has anyone any experience of these on ebay? It's a German firm, I'm looking at the anti-slip version:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-V-70-C-Estate-00-on-BOOT-MAT-LINER-ANTI-SLIP_W0QQitemZ190265234484QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10432 QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

mikej
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 21:44
Is this simply for carrying loads in the boot or do you have a dog as i have a boot liner in my car which is superb for a dogs ??

fluff110
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 22:45
I bought a similar one on Ebay a couple of months ago Linky (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220161740650).

The fit is OK, although I had to 'adapt' the lip on the left-hand side as my boot's not flat where they think it should be. Also, the 'non-slip' stuff doesn't, IMHO, work very well - it's a thin layer of bobbly, rubbery foam that feels quite resistive but has a habbit of being scratched off as things slide across it when they're not held by the rest of the mat, which is slippery plastic (maybe that's just my driving :wink:).

To be fair, it's done a good job of protecting the carpet (and also the boot cover handles) from getting scratched by my boot-load of tools. It'll probably last 3-4 years so worth the 20-30 quid.

HTH,

RobbieH
Thursday 13th November 2008, 19:56
Got the same sort of thing about 18 months ago. Made from recycled plastic so pongs a bit to start with (smells like like burnt wood, just like most recycled carrier bags) but that soon goes away. The biggest problem I had was that it was delivered rolled up and to this day it won't lie totally flat and curls up a bit at the sides.
Still, for the price it does the job (I think I paid £14.99 - exchange rate?).

The non-slip bit is just a rectangle of the "sticky, blobby" netting type stuff but it's well bonded and hasn't shown any signs of peeling away yet. It's helped keep my boot area clean and has been challenged well with various loads from shopping (saved the carpet from a burst bottle of yoghurty stuff) to furniture and the various bikes that get put in the back from racing to touring.

Can't go wrong for the price me thinks.