PDA

View Full Version : Fitted a few parts at the weekend

Yosser
Monday 10th November 2008, 10:13
Well, I'm cut bruised sore and skint, but the car has new dampers and springs all round, new discs and pads all round, goodridge brake lines, and brake fluid flushed out and replaced with super blue.

Finished it all off late yesterday evening so haven't really had much of a drive in it yet, but the brakes feel much more solid.

MOT is due in 3 weeks so hopefully it'll pass that ok, meanwhile I'm still thinking about replacing the wheels, and the exhaust, and, and and.....

pangster
Monday 10th November 2008, 10:33
Well, I'm cut bruised sore and skint, but the car has new dampers and springs all round, new discs and pads all round, goodridge brake lines, and brake fluid flushed out and replaced with super blue.

Finished it all off late yesterday evening so haven't really had much of a drive in it yet, but the brakes feel much more solid.

MOT is due in 3 weeks so hopefully it'll pass that ok, meanwhile I'm still thinking about replacing the wheels, and the exhaust, and, and and.....

sounds like you had fun! lol!! :)

my cars in for a full service on Friday, so I'm just going to let my mechanic fit my new bits! lol!!.. :) hopefully I'll manage to avoid the first three afflictions’ you mentioned - however the 4th is almost inevitable! ROFL!

Yosser
Monday 10th November 2008, 14:27
I've just managed to skip off work this morning to take the car for it's MOT and....

..it passed no problem.

The tester commented on the brakes being excellent, and the emissions being very clean. Happy days :)

pangster
Monday 10th November 2008, 14:49
excellent job! :) it's great when your car flies through!!

what shocks and springs did you go for in the end??

Yosser
Monday 10th November 2008, 15:56
The dampers are Bilstein gas ones, not sports ones just the standard replacement - although they should be a little firmer than stock.

Springs are Jamex with a 30mm drop.

The front shocks were goosed!- no compression damping, just rebound. The rears were ok, but a bit tired.

I could have gone a bit more mad with suspension parts but I was trying to be realistic in so much as my annual mileage is about 3k and I'm not likely to be using it on any tracks.