PDA

View Full Version : is this what i should be looking for?

bonus
Sunday 9th November 2008, 18:34
the heater fan on my c70 has just packed up today:frown:,after a quick search it looks like its the motor gone bad...is this the little devil i should be looking for?thanks in advance.

siamblue
Sunday 9th November 2008, 18:54
Hi yes it is, i have a spare if you need to buy one,

Gary

bonus
Sunday 9th November 2008, 19:23
cheers mate,how much are you after?

siamblue
Sunday 9th November 2008, 23:56
pm'ed you,

Gary

cookie
Monday 10th November 2008, 23:16
did you check if it worked of full setting?

The resisitor packs can fail, and means that fan only works on highest setting. otherwise it's most likely to be motor (assuming you've checked fuse)

bonus
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 06:57
i did mate,checked it on every setting just trying to clear the screen!i was getting the orange blinking error code lights as well,do the ecc units have a resistor pack?

Liddo
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 08:12
When my motor failed on my S70, the fan would spin briefly, then the orange lights would flash, so if its doing this, then it IS probably the motor. I dont think the ECC units fail that often, its normally the motor

Good Luck ;)

bonus
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 08:38
cheers matey,got them nebs on eventually,looks the pigs whiskers,an no rubbing either!

Liddo
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 11:44
cheers matey,got them nebs on eventually,looks the pigs whiskers,an no rubbing either!

You know the score

:worthless

;)

bonus
Tuesday 11th November 2008, 21:13
You know the score

:worthless

;)

ha ha! i will get some pics taken next time i start and finish work in the light! so much for the credit crunch,me an my mate have a building business an we are choca block at the minute with more graft coming in all the time!

Liddo
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 09:08
so much for the credit crunch,me an my mate have a building business an we are choca block at the minute with more graft coming in all the time!

Well thats good news, and long may it continue ;)

bonus
Thursday 13th November 2008, 22:12
I would also check your pollen filter for being blocked as this can cause the motor to spin then stop when it draws too much current.

where abouts is the pollen filter please?

Liddo
Friday 14th November 2008, 09:50
where abouts is the pollen filter please?

Under the cover for the wipers. Undo two torx screws, and lift up the cover (you may need to unplug the drainage tube too) You should be able to lift out the old one, and place the new one in, without removing the whole cover

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/scoobylid/th_Engine.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v237/scoobylid/?action=view&current=Engine.jpg)

Pictures tiny unfortunately