PDA

View Full Version : i want my volvo back on the road !!!!!!

bubbles
Sunday 9th November 2008, 16:50
hi every one you might remember my volvo bottom end is slightly nocky i started it and moved it today not very far tho but my wife likes the car so much she wants it back on the road . i dont know what route to go down do i buy a cheep 850 t5 and strip it or do i buy another engine or even get mine fixed . which ever way i choose its gonna cost any help guys ??

stainesy
Sunday 9th November 2008, 16:54
is it gona cost more to fix than to get another one?

bubbles
Sunday 9th November 2008, 16:59
so do i buy a mot failur for the engine and go from there . the car ows me 750 and i cant afford to buy a perfect one i just need to try and fix mine

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 9th November 2008, 17:02
so do i buy a mot failur for the engine and go from there . the car ows me 750 and i cant afford to buy a perfect one i just need to try and fix mine

often an engine on ebay for sale couple hundred quid or so

bubbles
Sunday 9th November 2008, 17:09
i have been looking there is a few about but at least if you buy a car you can see what it goes like first but u will keep looking

Al115
Sunday 9th November 2008, 20:54
Second hand engine £300 or thereabouts? Maybe £350 from someone like Salvo who you can trust? Esp. if you don't need the turbo, manifolds etc.

siamblue
Sunday 9th November 2008, 23:49
As Al said budget around the £350 mark for a good one, stay away from breakers, try and get one privately where you can see the service history then you know the mileage will be correct,

Gary

Alan M
Thursday 13th November 2008, 13:48
How long do you want to wait for the engine?

ctautos@btinternet.com
Thursday 13th November 2008, 16:07
often an engine on eBay for sale couple hundred quid or so

i have a t5 you can have for scrap money complete.the had full service hitory120k. down side head gasket gone .before i took it out it ran better sounding than mine any good at heath row

bubbles
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 19:05
hi there i am looking to do my engine after x mas some tyme and hopefuly it aint gonna be a bad job fingers crossed

bubbles
Sunday 23rd November 2008, 19:07
i have a t5 you can have for scrap money complete.the had full service hitory120k. down side head gasket gone .before i took it out it ran better sounding than mine any good at heath row

thanks