PDA

View Full Version : injector rail cover

stainesy
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:06
how do i get the injector rail cover off? if i just undo the 2 bolts will just the cover come off or will other bits atached come with it?

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:12
the cover should just lift off it will probley be a bit tight if you hold the top of it with both hands and steadly try to pull it back its in a groove and just clicks in

stainesy
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:23
the cover should just lift off it will probley be a bit tight if you hold the top of it with both hands and steadly try to pull it back its in a groove and just clicks in

oh right yeah nice1. i did try and take it off today i undid both bolts then went to lift it off and didnt come so thought it may be atached to sumit underneath so thought it best to leave it.

but now i no LOl

cheers

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:26
no worries they can be a bit stiff to get off

stainesy
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:32
no worries they can be a bit stiff to get off

its cool now i no it aint atached to anything els i dont mind pulling it off now. gona take it off and paint it then add a heat resistant decal.

realy got into this hole pimping up my engine bay thing.
im on a mission now LOL

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:34
youll love the engine bay when its first done but it gets to be a pain in the arse cleaning every thing lol

stainesy
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:44
youll love the engine bay when its first done but it gets to be a pain in the arse cleaning every thing lol

yeah i no LOL

my oil filler cap seal has been letting oil out sonce i got the car. changed it last week and dicided to clean all the oil out from under the spark plug cover. took me ages getting into every bloooody nook and cranny. was worth it tho.

BigV
Friday 7th November 2008, 21:25
Isn't the fuel injector rail also connected to the fuel line via a bolt which needs to be undone to remove the cover and injectors etc? Or am I completely missing the point of this thread?

And wont the injectors and stuff come away with it?

Tomcat
Friday 7th November 2008, 21:32
The Cover and the fuel rail are two different things, the fuel rail is bolted down with the fuel pipe attached to it, the fuel rail cover is just clipped on. If you grab the top edge of the fuel rail(nearest the oil filler cap) and pull up and towards the front of the car it will come off, they look really nice if they're polished.

BigV
Friday 7th November 2008, 21:35
The Cover and the fuel rail are two different things, the fuel rail is bolted down with the fuel pipe attached to it, the fuel rail cover is just clipped on. If you grab the top edge of the fuel rail(nearest the oil filler cap) and pull up and towards the front of the car it will come off, they look really nice if they're polished.

Right ok, didn't know that.

I managed to buy a really nice polished cover on eBay that I fitted, stupidly I let it go with my old car....... the guy was also selling chrome? polished spark plug covers and also bits for the fluid bottles.............. some of the stuff looked really smart, I was going to get a spark plug cover but I was outbid, plus anything more than £50 on under-bonnet bling is a bit of a waste IMO.

Tomcat
Friday 7th November 2008, 21:41
I know what you mean I polished the black plastic coated turbo pipe on my last car, it took forever, and I let it go with the car when I sold it.....

stainesy
Friday 7th November 2008, 22:33
I was going to get a spark plug cover but I was outbid

mate was you outbid on a chrome polished stainless steel spark plug cover on ebay yesterday evening about 7 oclock-ish?
if so i won it LOL

but i take it i still need to unbolt the 2 bolts on the cover to get it off tho before i pull it?

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 23:06
Stainsey NO leave the bolts alone the fuel rail cover just clips off

stainesy
Friday 7th November 2008, 23:07
Stainsey NO leave the bolts alone the fuel rail cover just clips off

ok nice1 cheers. i thought it was all one bit LOL

stainesy
Saturday 8th November 2008, 10:23
how hot does the fuel rail cover get? just polished mine and put a decal on it. decal is made from normal car graphics vinyl. held a lighter under it for ages till it get pretty hot and the vinyl was fine.

should it be ok?

t5 pete
Saturday 8th November 2008, 14:43
how did you manage to polish it up also have you got any pics

BigV
Saturday 8th November 2008, 16:01
mate was you outbid on a chrome polished stainless steel spark plug cover on ebay yesterday evening about 7 oclock-ish?
if so i won it LOL

but i take it i still need to unbolt the 2 bolts on the cover to get it off tho before i pull it?

No, not last night, this was some time ago...... but that is exactly the thing I am talkng about, nice looking engine bling....... lol

stainesy
Saturday 8th November 2008, 17:00
how did you manage to polish it up also have you got any pics

i didnt plish up to chrome standered.

i used increasingly finer sand paper till it was nice and clean like new then made a decal saying motorsport that runs the lenth of it. it look bloody good.
its dark now will post a pic up in the morning

Jod T5
Sunday 9th November 2008, 19:02
Isn't the fuel injector rail also connected to the fuel line via a bolt which needs to be undone to remove the cover and injectors etc? Or am I completely missing the point of this thread?

And wont the injectors and stuff come away with it?
Yes
The rail will not come off unless the rigid pipe rail, retaining clamp is removed, this is located on the o/s of the engine...
The rail cover flashing strip is a different item and clamps to the injector cover and is removable using a considerable amount of strength to pull it away from the injector cover....
The picture below shows the flashing strip removed..
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/jod1jod/Inlet%20to%20pcv%20re-route/4c65c5f8.jpg
Cheers
Jod