PDA

View Full Version : volvo 850 paddle clutch

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 18:56
Is it worth fitting a paddle clutch to a volvo 850 when running around 300bhp

Alan M
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:48
Nope. The standard ones are pretty good and I think that the standard 850r setup are better. The S60r clutch was the one fitted to cope with the highest torque figures I read somewhere.

T5-TEZ
Friday 7th November 2008, 20:17
I have a paddle clutch fitted in my car and its fine.

Alan M
Friday 7th November 2008, 20:18
But TEZ has legs like the hulk.

volvolised
Friday 7th November 2008, 20:27
Well timed question pete, am currently struggling on the clutch front with the new mods (300+ bhp) so following advice am about to have fitted the 850R one from the m59 gearbox as this is what the bigger bhp swedes are doing..fingers crossed....Chris is having his done this weekend so will give me time to cancel lol... i know nothing with regards paddle clutch...

T5-TEZ
Friday 7th November 2008, 21:13
But TEZ has legs like the hulk.

LOL not now its properly bedded in.

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 23:10
Well timed question pete, am currently struggling on the clutch front with the new mods (300+ bhp) so following advice am about to have fitted the 850R one from the m59 gearbox as this is what the bigger bhp swedes are doing..fingers crossed....Chris is having his done this weekend so will give me time to cancel lol... i know nothing with regards paddle clutch...

Yeah my mate has a 6 paddle clutch in his cosworth no slip at all the only prob with a paddle clutch is that they are hard to clutch controll when they bite they want to go and not be messed about with clutch controll when my mate first had his in he stalled the car all the time but is getting used to it now lol

irf
Saturday 8th November 2008, 01:57
had a paddle clutch on a previous car. stop start traffic could be a pain in the arse, especially uphill but when going for it, very satisfying!

the genuine volvo clutches are quite strong though and can handle quite a power hike which is why i'd prsonally stay with the volvo one.

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 8th November 2008, 20:26
Is it worth fitting a paddle clutch to a volvo 850 when running around 300bhp

Hi Pete

As has been said a paddle clutch is not needed for your car :) i have a paddle in the peril and its the only thing i was dreading but the reality is its fine no problem with heavy traffic etc :)

It will be good to see how Warren and Chris get on with the 850R clutch ;-)

Russ

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 8th November 2008, 20:29
Yeah my mate has a 6 paddle clutch in his cosworth no slip at all the only prob with a paddle clutch is that they are hard to clutch controll when they bite they want to go and not be messed about with clutch controll when my mate first had his in he stalled the car all the time but is getting used to it now lol

Hi again i ment to say your mate will have a cable for the clutch on his cossie the Volvo's don't ;-)

Russ

t5 pete
Saturday 8th November 2008, 20:32
Hi Pete

It will be good to see how Warren and Chris get on with the 850R clutch ;-)

Russ

Hi russ whats the difference with the 850r clutch to the t5 clutch
cheers pete

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 8th November 2008, 21:04
Hi russ whats the difference with the 850r clutch to the t5 clutch
cheers pete

Hi Pete

I have never actually measured them side by side i have always gone away from Volvo clutch's after a stage 3 and above.

Russ