PDA

View Full Version : Best dumb valve?

Majesticpower
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 19:43
Which for you is the best dumb valve for our Volvo's?

Is there any difference in performance, or do you just really go for the 'WHOOOOOOSH!!'? :)

MP.

Goof
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 21:49
"Dumb" or do you mean "Dump" ??? ;)

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 21:53
There are differences, but from what I can gather they are different for different cars. i'm no expert on these though....I've just bought a Bailey's Valve from Fraz who changed his because his newer one dumps at a lower pressure........I think though at the end of the day it comes down to the whoosh sound it produces..also how much you want to spend (£60 - £250)

spesh
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 21:56
Twin piston is the best one for a T5 as they will hold over 2 bar of boost, so no boost leaks, there are many differnt makes of dump valve and make slighty different whhhhoooosssshhhh's.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 23:53
IMHO the best dump valve is no dump valve. But I am clever enough to know that I am not gonna win this argument.

siamblue
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 00:43
IMHO the best dump valve is no dump valve. But I am clever enough to know that I am not gonna win this argument.

Or a direct closed loop hot air dump valve. :)

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 08:47
According to our Dump Valve owners there is no performance gain at all - purely the noise alone!! LOL

x

steveT5
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 09:09
I wouldn't spend money to make noises, get your kids to fart out of the windows instead !

Justin
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 09:26
ROTF @ Steve :uglyhamme

Ross9
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 10:22
lol.

Personal preference really, as was said, if you dont want the noise, dont get one, theres zero gains to be had. I had to fit one to mine cause the bigger turbo I fitted didnt have a built in recirc valve on it, so thats my excuse ;) But I would have fitted an atmospheric DV anyway, and it chirps at full boost, "farts" at half throttle, tbh your kid would have to have some serious gastric issues to mimic it lol.

If you want a different sounding one that doesnt make a hissign noise, it'll cost you a bit more, but you do get some very interesting sounding ones, mostly on the jap cars tbh, but no reason why they wont fit onto a volvo with a t-piece and one of the blanking plates for the recirc valve, a mate had a skyline in recently, set up for drifitng (very interesting at roundabouts lol) , whose dump valve sounded like an overexcited turkey, if you'll excuse the poor attempt at text imitating noise, "loud exhaust note, chirp, warblewarblewarble" very bizarre sounding, but actually quite cool i thought.

So. how much do you want that noise then lol.

Ross

lance
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 10:39
Ive found 10 pints of kimbereley bitter helps my Dump Valve work well , but I have to be carefull of splash back!

steveT5
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 10:42
Ive found 10 pints of kimbereley bitter helps my Dump Valve work well , but I have to be carefull of splash back!
Yea, just make sure the windows are all the way down !!!

Ross9
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 10:44
Thats just nasty :drunk: , you'll be needing some of these :pants:

Majesticpower
Thursday 5th May 2005, 20:03
Lol..

Some very intresting answers lads..

Well, a part of me wants the noise, but another part doesnt.

Sometimes i wish you could shut it off.

Plus, i really wanted one that was abit more subtle, as opposed to loud.

Maybe ill just pass and get a boost gauge instead...Which brings me to my next topic.. :remybussi

MP.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 6th May 2005, 01:45
Very funny - LMAO @ Lance - especially the splash back bit!