PDA

View Full Version : Question for Goodyear Eagle F1 users

Pandamedic
Friday 7th November 2008, 15:50
Tyres are due soon.

I use to have goodyear eagle F1s on my old car and they were great and lasted ages. In fact when i sold the car they still had loads of life left on them.

However, i've never had them on my volvo v702.5lpt (205/50/16)

I was just wondering what kind of life people were getting out of theirs, with volvo's being big and heavy and all as i dont want to be having to get new ones every 10k or so, as i'll just go for some budget brand otherwise.

Cheers

Si

S70T5Chris
Friday 7th November 2008, 18:20
I used to get through a set every MOT! And I only do about 5-6k on average in a year. But since I had the Quaiffe fitted i've done 10k on the current set and they've still got plenty of tread on. The LSD will pay for itself eventually!!!!! But thats on a tuned T5, on a 2.5t i'd expect them to last quite a lot longer than that.

Even if they lasted for 3k I wouldn't change for anything else. They are a great tyre.

Okete
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:01
Good evening Si,

My current set of F1's are on 12000 miles and still have plenty of life left in them!

I'm sure you will be fine with them - it all hangs on how much you like spinning the wheels and how good your clutch control is - if yours is not a T5 you will get really good life from them.
As Chris has already said - they are such a good tyre - even if they do wear slightly quicker than others - they are always going to be worth it!

Cheers,
John.

Chad
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:11
what are these tyres like on acceleration????? wet and dry conditions????

irf
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:16
brilliant road tyre.

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:32
I think you will always get good results with top tyre brands such as goodyear / michelin etc but at the end of the day it all depends how you drive the car, i have a set of michelin exalto on myne and there brilliant i do give my car some stick and they seem to be lasting.
Better than the stunner ones i had the walls cracked and wore the rubber down in 3k miles since then ive always stuck to michelin

Chad
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:36
cool

Okete
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:37
Hi Chad,

On dry roads they are as good as most but F1's are the best tyre I have ever used in the wet. They have a fairly soft compound so reach optimum grip pretty quickly and are especially effective at lower temperatures or in the wet.
On a frosty morning they slip as good as the rest of 'em but they warm up so quickly that they get grippy far sooner than most.

Cheers,
John.

Chad
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:38
thanks okete

BruceT
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:50
I'm going to be putting Toyo T1-R's on mine next.

Camskill have them on offer at £125 Delivered for 2 (205/50/16)

Chad
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:52
wheres the best place to get them????

Okete
Friday 7th November 2008, 20:36
wheres the best place to get them????

Which ones Chad Toyo or F1?!

Pandamedic
Saturday 8th November 2008, 17:30
cheers for the reply guys. Think i'll get the F1s then, and considering they are a pretty good price for what they are (about £80 fitted) i can't moan to much. I was just worried the weight of the car would eat them up even if i drive normally.

We've got them on some of our response cars and they are pretty cool, although we dont seem to get more then about 4-5k out of them, but that's slightly a different matter.

Chad
Saturday 8th November 2008, 18:52
Which ones Chad Toyo or F1?!

the goodyear F1's

Okete
Saturday 8th November 2008, 19:18
I bought my last set from http://www.blackcircles.com/
They were cheapest at the time - had them delivered to local fitter - they were fitted three days later.
Excellent service I reckon!

Chad
Saturday 8th November 2008, 20:32
cool. i will give em a try. thanks again

Pandamedic
Sunday 9th November 2008, 10:16
Gotta get mine from black cirlces too as they give us a discount :B_steerin

BruceT
Sunday 9th November 2008, 11:32
5% Dicount or more?

Pandamedic
Sunday 9th November 2008, 18:31
5% Dicount or more?

just 5%

Babybadger
Monday 10th November 2008, 03:25
I have to say from previous experience, I rate the Vredestein Sportrac2's over Goodyear Eagles. The Goodyear had my abs dancing a few weeks back and I still nudged an RS4 in stopstart moving traffic in the dry. I am sure if I had the Vreds on, it wouldn't have happened. The tyres didn't stop as well. As I will be doing a lot of winter/wet driving this year, I am looking at Vred Quatracs as they are good in all weather conditions. I am sure there are some that will disagree about my view on eagles. They work laterally well, but tonight I had the front and then the rear break away on a sharp bend on a dry stretch of road. I guess it depends on load and pressures, but I still have more faith in the other tyres.

OogieBoogie
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 22:42
I get around 12k and they are pushed hard. Never had an issue, seem to have plenty of grip to spare, except under acceleration of course!