PDA

View Full Version : SC-805 Stereo upgrade question

Leedrby
Thursday 6th November 2008, 21:22
I wonder if there is anybody on the forum who could help me with a stereo enquiry?
I am thinking of upgrading the sc-805 stereo in my 2001 C70 convertible ( basic model) to one with a dash cd multiplayer, and am currently looking at a sc-901. I am concerned however that I would also need an external amplifier in order to do this. Can anyone confirm this and if so how could I go about getting the required amplifier? Thanks in advance, Lee.

dannt5
Thursday 6th November 2008, 21:29
Yep you will need an external amp to run this headunit.Best to buy as a complete set up as i think the wiring between them is also needed.

T-5HAUN
Thursday 6th November 2008, 21:49
I've got an amp for this, no leads tho, pm me and make me an offer if u want it :-)

Leedrby
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 18:49
Thanks for the info and offers of help but I am not very technically minded and adding a new head unit and amplifier seems much to complicated for me to attempt.
I wonder whether adding a cd changer would be the better way of improving the system. I know that an alpine changer requires an interface adaptor in order to work but was wondering whether the volvo branded changers require the same adaptor? Does anybody know.........? Thanks again, Lee.

ctautos@btinternet.com
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 19:07
I wonder if there is anybody on the forum who could help me with a stereo enquiry?
I am thinking of upgrading the sc-805 stereo in my 2001 C70 convertible ( basic model) to one with a dash cd multiplayer, and am currently looking at a sc-901. I am concerned however that I would also need an external amplifier in order to do this. Can anyone confirm this and if so how could I go about getting the required amplifier? Thanks in advance, Lee.

hi i have the set up you need but first check to see if the the wiring is all ready in the boot.and you might as well up grade to a5.1 dolby cheers