PDA

View Full Version : Power steering pump

stainesy
Thursday 6th November 2008, 16:40
ok peeps i was planning on changing my auxilary belt this weekend and had a brain wave. my powered steering pump wines like hell all the time so needs replacing and as i will have the belt off anyway thought i may as well got a new power steering pump.

is it an easy job? and whats the best way to do it? anything i should be carefull of?

PNuT
Thursday 6th November 2008, 16:55
does it have oil innit?

stainesy
Thursday 6th November 2008, 16:56
does it have oil innit?

yeah its all topped up to the right level. it has always wined since i got the car.

Niles
Thursday 6th November 2008, 17:39
slick50 do a power steering fluid that duz the same trick as slick50's engine gloop duz. mite be worth a couple of quids investment before the pump change. Can be got from Halfrauds.

stainesy
Thursday 6th November 2008, 17:53
slick50 do a power steering fluid that duz the same trick as slick50's engine gloop duz. mite be worth a couple of quids investment before the pump change. Can be got from Halfrauds.

do i just add it to the power steering fluid or do i have to replace my fluid with it?

t5 pete
Thursday 6th November 2008, 17:58
its an additive i think to you will have to empty your fluid a little

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 6th November 2008, 18:49
The word on the street for changing the pump is....

Go for it...
Once fitted...To refill, just fill up, turn the steering from side to side until the fluid stops reducing in the reserve bottle...