PDA

View Full Version : Lambda Light

850 Turbo Hearse
Monday 3rd November 2008, 06:59
Hi folks,

Ive got a lambda light showing on the dash, and after doing a bit of a search I find that it means 'something/ anything/ nothing is wrong with the car'. Lovely stuff. I love that kind of a warning.

However, the car is running great, no loss of power or anything, so anyone got any clues as to what it is/ what to do? I can see that people with uprated ecu's have this problem quite a lot, so maybe that's it? who knows? well, hopefully you lot do, I suppose. So, ideas, anyone?

Furthermore, how do I delete the glowing little ****er? Ive tried leaving the batt off for a couple of hours, but it's still there when I fire the old girl back up.

So, in summary. Car running fine. Light on. Want Light off. Fix please. Thanks.

:D

Ps the first person to say 'boost leak' gets a frowning. Im so bored of crawling up and down the endless miles of vacuum hoses in this car looking for tiny angstrom sized holes that may cause massive problems, that it makes my teeth itch just thinking about it.

Tomcat
Monday 3rd November 2008, 07:03
Lol, er....what year is your car?, you need to get the codes read really to workout what's wrong. It could be a few things, if your car is pre 96 then you should have the diagnostic module in the engine bay, if you do then you can pull the codes from it yourself. If it later than 96 then I'm afraid you'll need to see a dealer to get the codes read.

850 Turbo Hearse
Monday 3rd November 2008, 07:08
its a 96 850R, so- Hooray! I was really hoping that Id have to give someone I load more money for almost no work in return for them diagnosing a series of codes that point towards at least 12 different potential problems that inevitably will all have to be done before we find the right one! Yay!

It must be Monday already. :(

Tomcat
Monday 3rd November 2008, 09:08
Er.......ooops....

Sorry I was still half asleep when I wrote that, it's the 95's that have the diagnostic module. You can check for certain, do you have a coin holder just in front of the gearstick in the centre console?. If you do pull it up and there should be a OBDII connector underneath, if so then it's off to the dealer...

850 Turbo Hearse
Monday 3rd November 2008, 09:37
there should be a OBDII connector underneath, if so then it's off to the dealer...

thanks TC.

yeah, there is. anyone know how to make my own reader and how to diagnose the code sequences? my local volvo dealer want 85 quid to do it.

Alan M
Monday 3rd November 2008, 10:33
Try this linkhttp://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=42315

I use a multimeter instead of a switch which works just as well but you have to be watching very carefully.

Tomcat
Monday 3rd November 2008, 10:41
Yeah I think I used a similar method when I had my last one.

850 Turbo Hearse
Monday 3rd November 2008, 10:50

I use a multimeter instead of a switch which works just as well but you have to be watching very carefully.

awesome, thanks Alan :)

>goes off to burn himself with a soldering iron<

Jod T5
Wednesday 5th November 2008, 00:52

LOL, top thread that Al, a push to make switch is easier to get the grasp of deleting the codes, tho a multimeter does a perfectly good job.....
Cheers
Jod