PDA

View Full Version : Which gears do you get wheels spin

t5 pete
Friday 31st October 2008, 22:40
I have a 850 t5 it has the 304 ecu upgrade it spins through 1st 2nd and very rarely a tiny bit in third

Tomcat
Friday 31st October 2008, 22:44
OMG in the wet I get it in 1st,2nd,and 3rd. In the dry I get it in 1st and 2nd.

mk3phill
Saturday 1st November 2008, 00:20
my awd(thas only fwd) spun into 2nd before gettin traction...dry,. wet it would go into 3rd

irf
Saturday 1st November 2008, 02:27
all depends on the tyres and suspension set up you're running. even the type of map will make a difference.

running a Rica 304 with old saggy suspension and lingylongy tyres, you'll probably get wheelspin in fifth!

dant5
Saturday 1st November 2008, 14:11
before i got my tyres, drop links and put polly bushes in. i used to get wheelspin in 5th at 90mph!! in the wet!!. that was on my private bypass thou.

i can still get wheelspin in 3rd in the dry when comming out of corners thou.

Alan M
Saturday 1st November 2008, 14:27
all depends on the tyres and suspension set up you're running. even the type of map will make a difference.

running a Rica 304 with old saggy suspension and lingylongy tyres, you'll probably get wheelspin in fifth!

Yup mine with the cheap tyres on goes through every gear and I have the standard suspension on too. Good tyres and suspension makes all the difference. It's worlds apart beween mine and a friends with a decent suspension setup.

Mrsmopp
Saturday 1st November 2008, 15:10
If you feed the power in rather than just planting your foot you eliminate most of the wheelspin anyway so I don't really suffer with it

x

Niles
Saturday 1st November 2008, 17:50
1st, 2nd & sometimes 3rd, Auto.

PNuT
Saturday 1st November 2008, 17:53
If you feed the power in rather than just planting your foot you eliminate most of the wheelspin anyway so I don't really suffer with it

x

i dont think that was the question being asked tho was it?

its like saying just drive under 2K & wheelspin wont be a problem

t5 pete
Saturday 1st November 2008, 21:20
i think the reason why i only get a bit of wheel spin in 3rd occationly is due to the new suspension and michelin tyres

irf
Saturday 1st November 2008, 21:23
i think the reason why i only get a bit of wheel spin in 3rd occationly is due to the new suspension and michelin tyres

you say that like it's a bad thing! repeat after me...

wheelspin equals less forward motion

wheelspin does not equal power!

wheelspin equals less forward motion

wheelspin does not equal power!

say it 100 times...

t5 pete
Saturday 1st November 2008, 21:39
sorry sir i wont say it again lol

stainesy
Saturday 1st November 2008, 21:48
as mines an auto i aint got a clue what gear its in but mine wheels spins when ever i floor it at low speed. i dont even bother racing people in the wet as i cant get any traction in the wet even with my new tyres. its abit embarising sometimes when you are side by side with a boyracer and you both floor it but they get infront as i just get loadsa wheelspin

irf
Saturday 1st November 2008, 21:52
even with my new tyres.

you can't really be surprised when you got some kenda tyres or whatever can you?

nathT5
Sunday 2nd November 2008, 10:41
1st and 2nd in the dry, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a tiny bit in 4th in the wet,
thats with rock hard suspension and 15psi of boost,
btw, the tyres are brand new and have not buffed the shine off them yet.

Ed.
Sunday 2nd November 2008, 11:47
With mine being an auto, i'm guessing 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I know i can definitely get wheelspin at 60 in the wet, and thats going in a straight line.

Ed

lance
Tuesday 4th November 2008, 10:38
1st 2nd 3rd dry 1st 2nd 3rd 4th wet the stc light is always flashing!

T-5HAUN
Tuesday 4th November 2008, 14:04
Ha well I'll stick with my standard T5 auto then and leave all u modded 300bhp guys for dead away from the lights then, you can catch me up when you finally get into fourth gear if you haven't had to pay a visit to kwik fit by that point :-)

Ross9
Tuesday 4th November 2008, 15:58
1st, 1st and 2nd in the wet, onyl ever briefly though until 4wd comes in, in the bends it will spin the back wheels up to 3rd (never tried to slide it in 4th lol) , but you have to corner pretty hard.

Ross

tigran
Tuesday 4th November 2008, 21:03

:ashamed:

Ahem. Yeah in the wet anything below 70 is a bit hopeless. That'll be sorted in the next week though, nudge nudge wink wink etc...

philt6
Friday 7th November 2008, 06:46
I have a 850 t5 it has the 304 ecu upgrade it spins through 1st 2nd and very rarely a tiny bit in third

Why would you want to?

And yes mine will.

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 18:40
Why would you want to?

And yes mine will.

Hello i dont want to wheel spin it is just a subject i decided to put up and wanted to know what other ppls cars spun to thats all
cheers pete

nathT5
Friday 7th November 2008, 22:21
now my tyres are buffed in everythings calmed down a bit,
only spins up in 1st and 2nd in the dry and 1st, 2nd and a bit in 3rd now in the wet...

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 23:15
hey nath when we gunna have a meet then