PDA

View Full Version : 854 headgasket

daveybuc
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:29
ive just purchased a t5r spares or repairs project,its had a little bump needs a passenger wing but thats easily sorted,now for the bad bits the car came to me running albeit it had blown a water pipe above the gearbox but it was running,after switching it off its whizzing over fast and wont start,but i now after a toe it starts,theres no water in the oil so i am assuming its blown across a chamber ,are the heads renouned for going if hg is gone,thanks dave

PNuT
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:34
ive just purchased a t5r spares or repairs project,its had a little bump needs a passenger wing but thats easily sorted,now for the bad bits the car came to me running albeit it had blown a water pipe above the gearbox but it was running,after switching it off its whizzing over fast and wont start,but i now after a toe it starts,theres no water in the oil so i am assuming its blown across a chamber ,are the heads renouned for going if hg is gone,thanks dave

& the compression figures for cylinder 1 to 5 are?

daveybuc
Friday 31st October 2008, 19:00
i havent checked as yet will post the results both wet and dry tommorow.what kind of a job is the gasket on a volvo if indeed it is that,i am planning on keeping the car so fingers crossed its just that,thanks, dave

PNuT
Friday 31st October 2008, 19:03
i havent checked as yet will post the results both wet and dry tommorow.what kind of a job is the gasket on a volvo if indeed it is that,i am planning on keeping the car so fingers crossed its just that,thanks, dave

the head gasket isnt the weak point of the T5 engine......

havent done the gasket on one..... but you need tools to pull the cam covers down straight.... & some special sealant

other than that a doddle im sure!

daveybuc
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 20:19
25 psi on all cylinders with throttle open,the car came to me running i cant understand how,its whizzing over with no compression.cam belt hasnt jumped so valves arent bent,but theres a blown water pipe and its was driven to me obviously with no water in.so i am on the look out for a lump.how can all the cylinders have 25psi?rings?after cranking for a while it seems to slowly build up compression but a non start.

t5 pete
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 20:37
i had a problem with my car over heating badley it was acting like a compressor i cheacked for blockages oil in water and water in oil cheacked thermostat cheacked the compression figures and everything was fine i couldnt understand it so i took the head off to find there was nothing wrong with the gasket nothing wrong with the liners or water jacket so i took the head to be pressure tested after it was tested the bloke said there was nothing wrong at all and its in 100% condition i decided to have the head skimed them i started to rebuild with the head on you need to fit the cams my dad made me the tool to hold the cams to the top cover its a rite ball ake after every thing was put back together the car was mint to this day we dont know what was up with it

daveybuc
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 21:02
now that is a strange one glad your sorted now tho.

t5 pete
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 21:04
cheers pal i was sh***ing my self when i first started the car up after the rebuild but all was fine