PDA

View Full Version : Fibreglass 850 front splitters.

Pages : [1] 2

Tomcat
Friday 31st October 2008, 16:03
Being as full time employment is evading me at the moment it looks like I'm going to have time to get the carbon fibre splitters sorted. I have one to work from (thanks Greg), now it's nearly repaired I can take a mould from it and start producing them. I did have a brief go at carbon fibre a while back that wasn't too succesfull,so if I can't get the carbon to work out this time then I shall make them out of fibreglass with a black gel coat finish. Photo's shall follow next week when I have the master ready for molding.

I haven't decided on a price yet as it depends how easy they are to make, however they'll not be too expensive. Anyone interested can let me know in the thread. Cheers!!!!

Tiny 12
Friday 31st October 2008, 16:06
your doing this as im selling my 854.....daaaaammmmmmmmmmm eeeeetttttttttttttttt

Tomcat
Friday 31st October 2008, 16:09
Lol, well keeeep eeet then!!.

Chad
Friday 31st October 2008, 16:32
i will deffo have one, but the only thing is mine is a V70.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!

abdul
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:23
tom cat are u doing anything else

irf
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:34
definetly interested, obviously depends on price and how it looks etc etc.

nathT5
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:36
definetly interested, obviously depends on price and how it looks etc etc.

i,ll second that :B_thumb:

irf
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:38
oh, and i'm presuming this is for the 850R/T5R bumper?

Tomcat
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:41
You'd presume correctly, however I don't know if it would fit the V70R bumpers as well, it may do.

shaun850
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:46
I want to be near the top of the list if poss ;)

Tomcat
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:47

Oh do you now?,lol.

pookie
Friday 31st October 2008, 18:49
I could also be interested .

Pookie

t5 pete
Friday 31st October 2008, 19:12
hi craig you know i want one

irf
Friday 31st October 2008, 19:15
are they made yet???????:comp:

PNuT
Friday 31st October 2008, 19:26
are they made yet???????:comp:

yep, i have the first four :D

nathT5
Friday 31st October 2008, 19:47

just behind me :buttkick:

t5 pete
Friday 31st October 2008, 19:53
and just behind me nath lol

Tomcat
Friday 31st October 2008, 20:05
Lol, don't fight, I've not even finished the original one yet. I should be ready to take a mould early next week.

t5 pete
Friday 31st October 2008, 20:08
hi tc bugger the job hunting and start a bussiness up doing this kind of work i think if you can beat the competion prices your business would boom

Tomcat
Friday 31st October 2008, 20:09
Believe me it's been discussed before, the problem is financing it.

The Flying Banana
Friday 31st October 2008, 21:29
I have had one of your products before an dit was top notch so woudl be interested in one of these too mate, let me know the price etc when you do

GregE102
Saturday 1st November 2008, 13:56
You'd presume correctly, however I don't know if it would fit the V70R bumpers as well, it may do.

Hi TC

When i got it i think they did fit the V70's as well, if not Russ from RT's will be able to tell you as that's where it came from

Greg

GregE102
Saturday 1st November 2008, 13:59
Anyone who wants to see what they look like can see it on my car on the VOC user name GregE102 as on here think there are some pic's in the gallery as well not sure how you search but they are there

Tomcat
Saturday 1st November 2008, 14:18
Thanks again Greg, it's very good of you to donate it to a good cause,lol. The splitters back in one piece now, I've just got to clean it up, paint it(sad to bury that carbon under paint but it has to be done), then I can take a mould off it. Greg, yours is the first one.

GregE102
Saturday 1st November 2008, 14:33
Cheers mate

No problem with donation it's a plesure to share with other Volvo lovers they do look cool, glad its working well, was it hard to put back together again? my mother recked it origonaly so i may just put it on for meets as when i am away mother gets my car, anyone with an R bumper, it will finish it off and look the biss trust me.
Greg

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 1st November 2008, 15:42
Attached is a pic showing the original carbon fibre splitter on my old t5r.It fitted perfectly. Chris has one on his s70 t5 and it fits but it hangs over the edges slightly more than it does on the 850's.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 1st November 2008, 16:21
Here's what it looks like on a S/V70R bumper. It is designed for an 850R bumper, but does fit the S/V70R's quite nicely still.

http://www.fabandsite.co.uk/my-volvo/images/newpics/2.JPG

cameron
Saturday 1st November 2008, 16:29
I'll have one TC :D

After ive paid for my stage 0, Rica 304, R Front Bumper, oh and my T5R Springs that is :(

Cheers bud

Lee

tempo
Friday 7th November 2008, 14:28
how much are these compared with the carbon ones?

cheers tempo

stainesy
Friday 7th November 2008, 15:10
i want one. how much are they?

GregE102
Friday 7th November 2008, 15:35
how much are these compared with the carbon ones?

cheers tempo

You can't get them any more i had a good search a while back they did come from a Canadian company Called Gemini who now make only cannoes, I even asked other company's over hear to make them from my one and told them that i would have 20 of them but still they would not do it.
So good luck you can try asking as i did but they will not do it.
Cheers
Greg

t5 pete
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:03
If i remember correctly i think the carbon ones were around 120 any way it dont matter if you cant get hold of them any more im sure tom cat will be making quite a few

flyingbrick
Friday 7th November 2008, 19:11
Just seen the pictures looks great I will have one of them.

Cheers Mark....

pookie
Friday 7th November 2008, 21:22
I've also just seen the pics and definately want one.

Pookie

Tomcat
Friday 7th November 2008, 21:26
Kool, all I have to do now is make them,lol.

Will keep you all posted..

nathT5
Friday 7th November 2008, 22:27
are they ready yet??? hurry up will ya??? :snail::B_thumb:

nathT5
Saturday 8th November 2008, 21:37
are they ready yet??? hurry up will ya??? :snail::B_thumb:

i,m very impatient, done yet??? :hidesbehi

Tomcat
Saturday 8th November 2008, 21:40
Lol, er no......

The prototype is very,very,very nearly finished. However I have some spray jobs I need to get finished first, so it may take me a little while.

t5 pete
Saturday 8th November 2008, 21:47
theres 24hrs in a day what ya doing???????????????? LOL

Chad
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 17:22
Hey TC, Progress report???????

nathT5
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 17:46
DONE YET??? :buttkick:

woz
Wednesday 12th November 2008, 22:44
theres 24hrs in a day what ya doing???????????????? LOL

yeah -if you cant do it 24hrs and your time management skills arent that good you can always work overtime...
;>)
Sorry mate - I could be up for one when it comes together.
Cheers
WAF

t5 pete
Thursday 13th November 2008, 18:26
hi tc have you got the original one fixed yet

Tomcat
Thursday 13th November 2008, 21:45
Right you mythering bunch of......lol....

The original is back in one piece and just needs a coat of paint before it's ready for moulding. The problem I have at the moment is that I've been working all week(finally), trouble is I've been doing 12-13 hour days so it's not leaving much time for anything else. If I can find the time Saturday I will paint it, after that it's just a case of ordering the stuff I need.

I will keep you all informed.....bear with me.

cameron
Thursday 13th November 2008, 21:51
Hey TC fancy painting 2 bumpers and door bottoms while your at it ? lol

Lee

Tomcat
Friday 14th November 2008, 16:00
Sure, when you want them doing??.

cameron
Friday 14th November 2008, 21:08
When i got the cash ;)

Probably after crimbo

Silver metallic so probably be a bitch :(

Cheers bud

Lee

Tomcat
Friday 14th November 2008, 23:05
Ok, straight silver is easy, if it's what I think it is (i.e. Silversand metallic) then it's a bloody nightmare to match!!..

cameron
Friday 14th November 2008, 23:10
Silversand metallic ? Is it code 426 ?

Thats the paint code for the new one, rufe found out for me :B_Thumb:

Cheers bud

Lee

Tomcat
Friday 14th November 2008, 23:12
Can't remember to be honest.

cameron
Friday 14th November 2008, 23:14
I went to a paint place today and they said its a killer too match :(

Lee

Tomcat
Friday 14th November 2008, 23:16
There's two places I use for paint, one charges about £15-£20 a litre for matched paint, the last time I used them for that colour it took five attempts and it still wasn't even close. The other place charges about £50 a litre but it was almost perfect first time out.

cameron
Friday 14th November 2008, 23:22
£50 a litre sounds ace if its perfect first time :B_thumb:

Lee

Tomcat
Saturday 15th November 2008, 17:35
Ok, to get back on topic, here's a pic(appologies for the quality) of the Finally finished front splitter. Now this is complete I wil order the supplies in.

As already mentioned I will try a Carbon one first, however, if this doesn't work out then they will be black as per the photo.

irf
Saturday 15th November 2008, 17:40
good work TC, any idea on price?

oh, and if possible get some decent pics up on the car!

tempo
Saturday 15th November 2008, 17:42
that looks very tidy indeed. fingers crossed for the carbon ones

tempo

Tomcat
Saturday 15th November 2008, 17:46
Can't get any pics up of it on the car yet Irf as this one is for taking a mould from. Once I have one finished I will get it fitted an put some photo's up.

No idea of price yet as I need to price up the supplies....

irf
Saturday 15th November 2008, 17:56
i understand TC, let us know when you do know:B_thumb:

Chad
Saturday 15th November 2008, 17:57
nice work tomcat.

t5 pete
Saturday 15th November 2008, 19:07
lookin good tc

nathT5
Saturday 15th November 2008, 23:20
blacks good for me, nice work :B_thumb:

pookie
Sunday 16th November 2008, 00:00
Excellent work TC !!

Salut!

Pookie

woz
Tuesday 18th November 2008, 21:54
Can't get any pics up of it on the car yet Irf as this one is for taking a mould from. Once I have one finished I will get it fitted an put some photo's up.

No idea of price yet as I need to price up the supplies....

Excellent stuff TC. I would like one - if I am allowed after my cheek earlier on;>) - dont care what colour as will probably spray it up anyway.

Let us know how much they are going to knock out at when you know.
I dont know how you do it all mate.

Cheers
Woz.

siamblue
Tuesday 18th November 2008, 22:24
Nice work TC, if they come out alright any chance of doing a 70 series version?

Gary

redbaron
Saturday 22nd November 2008, 17:15
any idea of price yet?id be up for one when they ready

Tomcat
Saturday 22nd November 2008, 17:26
Not yet, I'm off Monday so I'm going to go buy the stuff I need to make the mould etc, I should have a better idea after that.

Alan M
Saturday 22nd November 2008, 23:29
Let us know on the price Craig as I would like one. Carbon it need not be as I drive around some horrible roads in Brum with some very high speed bumps so fibre glass would be okay. Could you pain in the T5 olive green? Do you still want a rear strut brace I could do a deal with:D.

Tomcat
Monday 24th November 2008, 19:50
Ok, I've been to my supplier today and bought the supplies to make a mould and the first two prototypes. Fibreglass ones in a black gelcoat finish will be the cheapest to make as the prices are cheap, Carbon will be expensive at £28 a sq metre(+ Vat), plus the price of the clear resin, Vacuum bagging equipment etc.. The only way the carbon ones will work out cheaper is if I can make them without resorting to Vacuum bagging, I'm not hopefull though as I've tried wet layup with Carbon before and it just doesn't like tight bends. If I need to Vacuum bag the carbon then I will need to buy a Vauum pump as well which is around £300.

I appear to not be working again tomorrow so, provided the master is dry(it wasn't today) then I will get the mould made and possibly try and make the first two prototypes (one of each). If I had to guess on prices at the moment I'd say about £80 for a fibreglass one and at least £150 for a carbon one(plus postage), however this is only a guestimate at present.

irf
Monday 24th November 2008, 20:01
good to have an estimated figure TC, thanks.

t5 pete
Monday 24th November 2008, 20:11
looking good tc when you get the final prices will you send me a pm and will sort p+p details
cheers

woz
Thursday 27th November 2008, 13:11
.. If I had to guess on prices at the moment I'd say about £80 for a fibreglass one and at least £150 for a carbon one(plus postage), however this is only a guesstimate at present.

TC - PM sent. I am up for a f/g one.
Cheers
Woz
If anyone in Bristol/Newport/Gloucerster/Swindon/Southampton is getting one and wnats to liaise re: sharing postage etc, do get in touch. Also I have trip to Plymouth Uni to do soon so could work that in too.

Cheers
W:>)

Tomcat
Saturday 29th November 2008, 20:56
Little update, the mould is finished and I have the first fibreglass one in it at the moment drying. Should know either tomorrow or Monday how it's turned out, I'll post pics up as soon as it's out and trimmed.

Tomcat
Monday 1st December 2008, 16:10
Ok, I have good and bad news.....

The bad news is that the first one to come out of the mould hasn't turned out that great, I tried to hurry things up during build up by speeding up the drying with a hot air gun. It would seem that the gel coat in particular doesn't like this and has wrinkled and bent itself, this has lead to the finished splitter being a bit out of shape in places.

The good news is that it did come out of the mould ok and all I need to do for the next is not to fiddle with the drying, it will take longer as it's been bleedin' freezin this past few days(even with a heater in there). So, anyone wanting a black fibreglass splitter should pm me, price is £80 plus postage, postage shouldn't be any more than £20, however I will know for definate once I price it up.

The carbon fibre ones will come a little later as I have a few kinks I need to work out before I can even consider trying to make one. I will also need to get some more cash together as the carbon is very expensive, I am however, going to be doing them as a composite to keep the prices down(i.e. carbon,fbireglass). This will give you the look of carbon but not make them ridiculously expensive to make.

nathT5
Monday 1st December 2008, 20:46
tomcat, what about a postman delivery service to the manchester RR meet??? :B_thumb:
(i know i,m a cheeky fecker) peepo

t5 pete
Monday 1st December 2008, 20:49
tomcat, what about a postman delivery service to the manchester RR meet??? :B_thumb:
(i know i,m a cheeky fecker) peepo

very good idea nath and craigs got a estate too what you think tc

Tomcat
Monday 1st December 2008, 21:01
Bringing them to the RR won't be a problem, I could really do with them being paid for though as I need to buy the materials to make them, and money is a little thin on the ground as present.

woz
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 09:43
Just to confirm - a fibreglass one for me - cant get to Manch so unless anyone from Gloucester or beyond (to the SW!) is getting a delivery so we could share postage costs??? I better have mine p&p'd

TC - will PM details now. Cheers
Woz

pookie
Tuesday 2nd December 2008, 15:39
TC you have PM

Pookie

AndysR
Thursday 4th December 2008, 15:50
Pm'd :)

woz
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 00:31
Any news on these yet?

Happy Christmas to all - esp. poor old TC up to elbows in glass and resin between courses of Christmas lunch??? ;>)

st5ve
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 21:33
PM Sent

Tomcat
Thursday 1st January 2009, 00:54
Ok, a little update....

I have a couple that are nearly finished, however progress is really, really slow because of the weather (it's been -2 in the garage today). I will persevere and try and get the few that are ordered finished as soon as possible, however the weather is not helping. Anyone who has ordered one can you just bear with me while I try and work around the weather and work etc..??.

Cheers all...

I will be taking more orders but not until I get these few out the way and get some slightly warmer weather...

siamblue
Thursday 1st January 2009, 04:09
Nice one TC, if you do a 70 series let us all know,

happy new year to you all,

Gary

AndysR
Thursday 1st January 2009, 11:27
Cheers for the update TC shame about the weather but I would rather wait and have all done perfectly so will bear with you on this :)

t5 pete
Thursday 1st January 2009, 20:54
Cheers for the update TC shame about the weather but I would rather wait and have all done perfectly so will bear with you on this :)

Very true i would rather wait and have it all done perfect so take your time tc and good luck with them

woz
Monday 5th January 2009, 19:12
Me tooo - not going to be out fitting it in this weather anyway!!!
W:>)

AndysR
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 23:16
Hi TC, just wondering how things are going with these :)

Cheers,

Andy

Tomcat
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 23:28
Ok, I have 4 that are ready bar painting, and I have one that's just needing a little more fibreglass. I need to go out to get some more glass and resin but it's going to be at least Friday before I can manage that. Hopefully they should all be finished next week and ready for posting.

Depending on funding I should be in a position to try a carbon one next week, I'm only trying a small section though. If it all works out then I will start taking orders for them shortly afterwards.

AndysR
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 23:31
Ok, I have 4 that are ready bar painting, and I have one that's just needing a little more fibreglass. I need to go out to get some more glass and resin but it's going to be at least Friday before I can manage that. Hopefully they should all be finished next week and ready for posting.

Depending on funding I should be in a position to try a carbon one next week, I'm only trying a small section though. If it all works out then I will start taking orders for them shortly afterwards.

Brilliant, might get you to post my two to RT's depending on what stage next week they are done as the car is going there a week Monday :) Let me know when they are ready to be sent.

Cheers for the update

Andy

Big Pete
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 16:11
I look forward to seeing some photo's of 850's with one on, then i'll may get tempted.

cameron
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 16:40
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/front850.jpg

Lee

PaulZX
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 16:55
I want one... but....

Daft question time, first...

Will they fit on the standard T5 bumper, or are they only for the R bumpers?

cameron
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 16:57
Would they look ok on a standard bumper ?

Not sure myself, i think they are made for the R front end.

Tc will let you know soon no doubt.

Cheers

Lee

t5 pete
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 19:44
I think it depends on what the width of the lip under the t5 bumper as to weather there is enough room to fit securley

Tomcat
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 20:01
Width wise it would probably fit, but as Pete's already said you may not have enough plastic underneath the standard bumper for it to fix to.

Volvostorm
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 20:46
That would be a shame, as I like the splitters, but only have a T5 bumper.

Could you design or modify the splitter for us 'lesser' non R bumper owners? :P

Tomcat
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 21:11
The splitter as it is would fit, however if you go stick your head under your front bumper tomorrow you'll see that the lip underneath is only a couple of inched wide. If you think that you can attach a splitter to it then go for it,lol.

cameron
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 22:10
Could be an expensive mistake TC :doh:

Cheers

Lee

beppie boy
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 22:58
tomcat will you do anything like this for the 2001 51 plate v70 like i have or is it a no no if you do what would the price be on something like this for my car

martyn

Tomcat
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:00
What sort of "Thing" would you be after?, there are some very nice after market bits that fit around the bottom of the bumper already.

Tomcat
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:01
Could be an expensive mistake TC :doh:

Cheers

Lee

Quite agree, however as I don't have a standard car knocking around I can't try one to see if it would be feasable.

PaulZX
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:28
What's the cash price if I was to be the "T5 test pilot" and I picked it up, and tested it out for all the other "normal" T5 bumper guys (potentially opening up a whole load of new customers to you *nudge-nudge* know-what-I-mean?!) ;)

Tomcat
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:31
Lol, you can have one for £75 while it's you.

PaulZX
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:34
seriously, tomcat... pm me if you want, I can get up to you, any time, I'll pay full price for the splitter, obviously, and we can fit it, and see if it's viable for the other T5 guys...

I'll have the cash for certain the 13th of Feb, or anytime after that suits you. If you want to, lemme know.

PaulZX
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:34
heh.. great minds think alike...

Tomcat
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:35
By all means you can buy one, it's not a problem with me, let me know when your ready and I'll sort one out for you.

beppie boy
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 23:58
What sort of "Thing" would you be after?, there are some very nice after market bits that fit around the bottom of the bumper already.

id leave it up to your imagination to be honest. as long as it was not too mad and sily looking.
any links available for some ideas so i can have look would be great

ta
martyn

cameron
Friday 23rd January 2009, 00:25
TC i see that T5pete is giving away a standard bumper, maybe you could try one out on that?

Just a suggestion :D

Cheers

Lee

woz
Friday 23rd January 2009, 11:38
I have ordered one from TC to go on my R bumper but car still has standard one on. When it arrives I can fit it up take pics and let you all know.
Unless I get a job in the meantime ;>)
W

woz
Tuesday 27th January 2009, 14:01
Width wise it would probably fit, but as Pete's already said you may not have enough plastic underneath the standard bumper for it to fix to.

Would think you could fix a bit of rigid plastic to the existing bumper, bond and rivet, to give you the equivalent lip to fix to? Will check when I get mine.
Cheers
W

Tomcat
Monday 9th February 2009, 20:27
Ok, the last of the splitters came out of the mould today, so I have put in the first test piece of carbon. To hedge my bets I've also done another small piece that I had lying around (A naca intake), I'll post pics up as soon as they're dry and out of the moulds....Stay tuned for more news......

volvolised
Monday 9th February 2009, 21:25
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/front850.jpg

Lee

I am definately thinking about one of the lower lips craig (to go with your 850r lower bumper ) are they gel coat black did i hear...Lee that lower lip spoiler in your pic is a genuine carbon fibre one....i know t.c's will be just as good though.

Tomcat
Monday 9th February 2009, 21:34
The ones I've just done are finished in black get coat, but I wasn't over chuffed with the finished so I've painted them satin black. The Carbon ones should be really good if I can get my head around working with the carbon, we shall see tomorrow.

Niles
Tuesday 10th February 2009, 01:10
a piccy of NACA vent? Im interested.

Tomcat
Thursday 12th February 2009, 13:26
Ok, managed to get both pieces finished and they've turned out a 100 times better than my last attempt with carbon, there are still a few defects but most of those are down to the drying times(me trying to pull it out the mould before it was properly dry) and having defects in the moulds. I'm going to buy a halogen heater to help with the drying process as it's just taken three days to get these two dry, I also need to make a new mould as it needs to be perfect.

Photo's will follow shortly.

The first one is spoken for, who wants one?, £150 + £30 postage.

Depending on how successfull I am with these I may consider making other things.

Tomcat
Thursday 12th February 2009, 15:00
Ok, here's the pics. Bear in mind these aren't perfect...

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/volvo850t5r/Carbonfibre3.jpg

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/volvo850t5r/Carbon2.jpg

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/volvo850t5r/Carbonfibre1.jpg

AndysR
Thursday 12th February 2009, 20:28
Blimey £150 quid sounds like good value for a genuine carbon splitter. Depending on how the grp one holds up, i.e I don't smash it up on a kerb, I may have one of those in the future :)

Tomcat
Thursday 12th February 2009, 20:36
Just to be clear, this is a "Composite" splitter, i.e. it's 2 layers of carbon followed by 2 layers of Fibreglass for stiffness.

woz
Sunday 15th February 2009, 22:50
The ones I've just done are finished in black get coat, but I wasn't over chuffed with the finished so I've painted them satin black. The Carbon ones should be really good if I can get my head around working with the carbon, we shall see tomorrow.

TC Mate, Mine arrived Friday - well wrapped and I am well rapped ;>)

Excellent stuff.

I will post pics as I go about fitting it.
Early checks show it will fit a non-R bumper but with some mods needed - due to the lenthg of the lip comapred with the standard bi8umper et6c. Bit a bit of filler and a rasp should see it done no worries.
Cheers
Woz

Tomcat
Monday 16th February 2009, 00:17
Glad it arrived ok, look forward to the pics.

I'm hoping to have the new mould ready shortly and there after the first Carbon one. I will post pics up again when I have it finished.

Slomo
Monday 16th February 2009, 15:16
dont suppose you can do one for the S40 T4? 1999 :)

spesh
Monday 16th February 2009, 23:41
will these fit a p1 v70r bumper

Tomcat
Tuesday 17th February 2009, 04:42
Apparently they will fit Spesh.

spesh
Thursday 19th February 2009, 00:03
Apparently they will fit Spesh.

how apparent????????? lol, would like to buy one in the not to distant future, but dont wanna throw cash i aint got away, cheers tc

AndysR
Thursday 19th February 2009, 00:57
how apparent????????? lol, would like to buy one in the not to distant future, but dont wanna throw cash i aint got away, cheers tc

My brother is in the process of having his fitted to an S70R so the same bumper as yours. I have promised TC I will post some pictures up of it once it is fitted. :)

spesh
Thursday 19th February 2009, 15:55
nice one andy

AndysR
Saturday 21st March 2009, 18:23
As promised pictures of one of Tomcat's front splitters fitted to an S70, spot on job TC looks the part! ;)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Andyrs/100_2120.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Andyrs/100_2123.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Andyrs/100_2124.jpg

850r boy
Saturday 21st March 2009, 18:46
Sounds Good I interested in one

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 21st March 2009, 19:20
Sounds Good I interested in one

Come and see one on a car we have at work next week :crazy: :)

Russ

Tomcat
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 23:50
Anyone interested in a splitter?, I should be making some more in the next few weeks.

orse
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 16:41
Hi,tomcat very interested in one of these splitters funds aren,t quite allowing at the min but as soon as they are which shouldn,t be long will be in contact with you.To confirm is it 80pound plus p+p or including?Thanks

Tomcat
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 20:26
No probs, just give me a shout when your ready.

The price is £80 Plus £30 delivery.

woz
Thursday 9th April 2009, 21:52
I got my R bumper fitted today, sprayed up from Olive Green to Dk Tropical Green. Need to refit the air vents and foggies, then on goes the splitter. Will post up som epics - hope to have done by next weekend. Meanwhile I have both bumpers so if anyone needs any comparisons, measurements etc let me know.
I do know the R bumper is 60mm deeper than the standard, so my front is 95mm ish lower than when I bought the car and the splitter will add another 20mm or so. Lets hope the policemen sleeping in the road arent too fat! :>)
It looks blooming lovely.
I will get some pics of the splitter lined up to the OLD bumper before I bin it as I know some folks had that in mind.
Happy bunny hunting
Lots of love
Woz

woz
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 14:26
Here's a couple of pics - before and after fitting the splitter I got off Tomcat and the R bumper which I got off Ebay.

Had the bumper fitted by the garage repairing the damage obvious in the "before" pic where I found that Armco is harder than an 850 ;>)

I put the splitter on with 10 self drilling screws and some silicone sealant - shows white but dries clear.

Also moved across the meshed vents off teh old one. Made these with some plastic gutter mesh from Aldi (3.99 a roll) and a hot glue gun. Took about 45 mins.

really pleased with the effect - just need a clean now - the photos horrified me.

Woz

Tomcat
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 15:03
Looks really nice Woz, gonna have to get around to fitting one to my own car,lol.

Tomcat
Monday 1st June 2009, 23:41
It seem's I now have a splitter going spare, does anyone want one?.

WOODY T5
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 00:09
he got my money 5wks ago. never got the splitter nice one craig cheers

Tomcat
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 00:11
AH......wondered how long it would take..... I'm not going to bore everyone with the details, suffice to say that everyone one else has been happy to wait......

Oh and I'm presuming you already have your money back because my paypal account is certainly a lot lower now.

MrMopp
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 00:13
Paint it yellow and cameron will snatch your hand off TC ;)

Tomcat
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 00:15
Lol.

WOODY T5
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 00:27
is that right TOMCAT paid u 5wks ago nothing is that how u do business BECAUSE I DONT ad to take it up with paypal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

woz
Monday 15th June 2009, 23:05
Guys - you may have a probem with each other. Most of us have nothing against either of you (yet)- so pick up the phone or email each other off this board. This is not a school playground.
Cheers
Woz

WOODY T5
Monday 15th June 2009, 23:55
got no probs just wanted the item lol

Tomcat
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 00:06
Guys - you may have a probem with each other. Most of us have nothing against either of you (yet)- so pick up the phone or email each other off this board. This is not a school playground.
Cheers
Woz

Thanks Woz, buy your advice wasn't needed this matter's sorted.....hopefully

WOODY T5
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 00:10
no hard feelings criag ????????????????

Tomcat
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 00:15
Nope, none at all, just a shame we couldn't work this out more amicably. You should have received your refund by now, for some reason paypal have deducted £3.94, I presume it's a fee of some sort....

WOODY T5
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 00:26
yes mate been there before someone won a item of me sad it didnt work cost me money thats paypal makeing money day in day out? still looking for one of them spitters? cheers criag all best dean

woz
Friday 19th June 2009, 23:43
Thanks Woz, buy your advice wasn't needed this matter's sorted.....hopefully

OK - sorry - peace and love to all >))))))))

Tomcat
Friday 25th September 2009, 15:14
Ok I will be making some more of these shortly, if anyone's interested in one let me know, I'm not taking any money until they're nearly ready so we won't have any more upsets....

MrMopp
Friday 25th September 2009, 16:25
How about a bumper TC :)

pigfight
Friday 25th September 2009, 17:06
hi tc,
i pmd you.

Tomcat
Friday 25th September 2009, 17:24
How about a bumper TC :)

What about what sort of bumper???..

WOODY T5
Friday 25th September 2009, 17:36
any chance i can get mate ? when ready

Tomcat
Friday 25th September 2009, 19:38
any chance i can get mate ? when ready

Of course you can, I'll pm you as soon as I have one sat here ready to go...

Tomcat
Friday 25th September 2009, 19:38
hi tc,
i pmd you.

Cheers, got yer pm..

WOODY T5
Friday 25th September 2009, 19:58
ok cheers tc

phil_woods
Friday 25th September 2009, 21:13
Ok prepare yourselves this may be a stupid question. I have a v70p1 se t5. Is there any difference between my bumper and the v70r 's??? I do like the look of these splitters but don't know if they would fit my car
good job tho tc seems a great product

t5 pete
Friday 25th September 2009, 21:20
What about what sort of bumper???..

He wants the biggest bumper you can make and some side skirts and back bumper :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ant then some chrome wheels to finish it off.
Oh nearly forgot a scooby vent aswell lol

Tomcat
Friday 25th September 2009, 22:21
Ok prepare yourselves this may be a stupid question. I have a v70p1 se t5. Is there any difference between my bumper and the v70r 's??? I do like the look of these splitters but don't know if they would fit my car
good job tho tc seems a great product

It may fit but I can't say for certain, the R's have a lower lip on the front bumper that extends outwards...

phil_woods
Friday 25th September 2009, 22:29
Aaaah thanks tc I haven't noticed that, I'll pm you when my wife aka bank manager lets me spend some money!

Tomcat
Thursday 8th October 2009, 15:26
Right all, I have a splitter ready, just needs painting and I'll be doing that over the weekend. Anybody want it?..

cameron
Thursday 8th October 2009, 15:52
How do they attach to the bumper Craig ? Oh and how much are they Collected :D

Tomcat
Thursday 8th October 2009, 15:55
They attach with what ever means you like, usually drilled and bolted through the bottom edge of the bumper I would imagine. Price is £80, and it's the first one to pay me as I neeeeed the money...

Rnash2002
Thursday 8th October 2009, 16:03
They attach with what ever means you like, usually drilled and bolted through the bottom edge of the bumper I would imagine. Price is £80, and it's the first one to pay me as I neeeeed the money...

Any chance you doing the r bumpers again?

cameron
Thursday 8th October 2009, 16:05
Theres one for sale on here matey, in the for sale section :D

or

Try Nads he is breaking an Olive Green T5R, the complete car, see HERE (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T-5R-AUTO-FOR-BREAKING_W0QQitemZ260487830588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ca648dc 3c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

MrMopp
Thursday 8th October 2009, 17:05
Theres one for sale on here matey, in the for sale section :D

Not once he sorts the courier there isnt lol :D

Tomcat
Friday 9th October 2009, 22:55
Any chance you doing the r bumpers again?

Very strange, I replied to this yesterday and it seems to have vanished....ah well.

I'd never say never but they where a pain in the arse to make and to ship, however, if there was enough demand and if I could find a better way to make the mould last longer then I'd do some more yeah.

No takers for this splitter then?, it's gonna be painted tomorrow. If there's no one interested in it then it's going on my car.

Rnash2002
Friday 9th October 2009, 23:44
Very strange, I replied to this yesterday and it seems to have vanished....ah well.

I'd never say never but they where a pain in the arse to make and to ship, however, if there was enough demand and if I could find a better way to make the mould last longer then I'd do some more yeah.

No takers for this splitter then?, it's gonna be painted tomorrow. If there's no one interested in it then it's going on my car.

Well you can put my name down for a r bumper if you decided to make them again :D

cameron
Friday 9th October 2009, 23:54
Nads has one :D

T5R Front Bumper, Whole car BREAKING (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T-5R-AUTO-FOR-BREAKING_W0QQitemZ260487830588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ca648dc 3c&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14)

Tomcat
Sunday 11th October 2009, 15:07
A front splitter is now ready and waiting for a buyer..

joelounge
Sunday 11th October 2009, 16:16
payment sent ;)

Tomcat
Sunday 11th October 2009, 17:26
Thankyou, can you pm me your address please so I can arrange postage.

WOODY T5
Sunday 11th October 2009, 19:05
got any more done tc?

Tomcat
Sunday 11th October 2009, 21:15
I thought you'd have been the first one after it?, where have you been?. I'll be making another one very shortly, all depends how much work I get this week. I'll post it here when done so keep yer eyes open.

pigfight
Sunday 11th October 2009, 21:43
hi tc,
pmd you.

Jimmie
Sunday 11th October 2009, 22:03
Should this not be in the Trader section?.?

Tomcat
Sunday 11th October 2009, 22:04
Pm'd back.

Tomcat
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 20:04
I have another ready if anyone wants it...

pigfight
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 22:59
hi craig,
id like it please,
i will pm you.

Tomcat
Thursday 19th November 2009, 05:11
Ok..

Tomcat
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 21:23
Anyone else want a splitter?, I seem to be sitting about idle at the moment.

Tomcat
Saturday 4th June 2011, 11:04
**Bump** Anyone want one of these?.

fyldetowbars
Saturday 4th June 2011, 11:15
i do regards les
got any pics with them on ??

p fandango
Saturday 4th June 2011, 15:15
**Bump** Anyone want one of these?.
i do i do :hidesbehi

Tomcat
Saturday 4th June 2011, 16:43
:rolleyes2 Yours is done silly...

The Flying Moose
Saturday 4th June 2011, 17:15
As perviously mensioned, as soon as I have the cash, hopefully next month ill have another :)

Brilliant quality these are folks, withstand pretty much anything apart from head on collisions with tree's at speed.

p fandango
Saturday 4th June 2011, 19:26
As perviously mensioned, as soon as I have the cash, hopefully next month ill have another :)

Brilliant quality these are folks, withstand pretty much anything apart from head on collisions with tree's at speed.
i think you should be entitled to a free one for being the official company crash tester :redface:

The Flying Moose
Saturday 4th June 2011, 20:52
i think you should be entitled to a free one for being the official company crash tester :redface:

After much analysis it was very clear that the splitter infact bore the full force of the impact and acted as a "collision dampner", significantly reducing the damage to the front end of the car and increasing the chances of minimal driver and passenger injuries.

I would recommend every 850 series model be fitted with said splitters to enhance the already outstanding safety features most of which Volvo invented. I would go as far as to say it may be worth contacting Gothenburg and advising a safety recall to be announced and all 850 series cars fitted with said article.

Tomcat
Saturday 4th June 2011, 20:55
Fanks dude...............it's still gonna cost you though.

p fandango
Saturday 4th June 2011, 20:59
normally, at this time i would defend Emelyn & call you a "tight ****", but as with the other thread i'm going to keep my mouth shut till the postman turns up :B_thumb:

Tomcat
Saturday 4th June 2011, 21:01
Lmao....getting to like this, it's like......being a mod or somefink.

The Flying Moose
Saturday 4th June 2011, 21:03

Meh worth a try, ill have the money end of the month/ begining of July and I need to head up to Blackburn and Accrington too. Perhaps meet up when its ready?

p fandango
Saturday 4th June 2011, 21:14
Lmao....getting to like this, it's like......being a mod or somefink.
ah the true reason for becoming a moderator

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7God4P5D9iw/TXfXKmot5bI/AAAAAAAAA9w/Eze6TmRz2is/s320/3dreich.jpg
YOU SHALL RESPECT ME (please)

Tomcat
Saturday 4th June 2011, 21:50
Lmao.......No comment.

JT
Sunday 5th June 2011, 12:11
lol

any news on my bonnet??

JT

Tomcat
Sunday 5th June 2011, 12:43
Not at the moment, if your serious then I will certainly make you one but I'd need a deposit first as I'd have to go buy a bonnet to take a mould off.

JT
Sunday 5th June 2011, 13:56
I am serious if you think you can do it?
pm me some details for payment, i'll gladly pay a deposit.

cheers
JT

Tomcat
Sunday 5th June 2011, 14:28
I'll pm you, won't be cheap though as it would be a lot of work.

JT
Sunday 5th June 2011, 14:50
ok, do you wanna give me your best guess as to how much??

Tomcat
Sunday 5th June 2011, 16:28
Your probably looking at at least £500 as I'd need to make a mould which will double the amount of materials it'll need, plus you'd have to collect it as I wouldn't fancy posting something that big, however if more than just yourself wants one then the cost will come down, probably to around the £300 mark.

claymore
Sunday 5th June 2011, 16:37
Your probably looking at at least £500 as I'd need to make a mould which will double the amount of materials it'll need, plus you'd have to collect it as I wouldn't fancy posting something that big, however if more than just yourself wants one then the cost will come down, probably to around the £300 mark.

put me down as interested

Tomcat
Sunday 5th June 2011, 16:38
Ok, just bear in mind they're collection only.

Vikingxl
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:50
Ok, just bear in mind they're collection only.

boring just stick a few stamps and an address label on them and lean them on the local post box

Tomcat
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:53
LMAO, I'd like to see the postmans face when he picked that up.

Vikingxl
Sunday 5th June 2011, 18:57
So would i

JT
Sunday 5th June 2011, 19:07
he'd brake his back if it was the real deal!! lol

siamblue
Sunday 5th June 2011, 19:14
I have a spare 70 series bonnet here :p if you want it ?

Tomcat
Sunday 5th June 2011, 19:28
Thanks for the offer but it's an 850 one I need.

JT
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:43

I would be happy to pay £300,not sure about £500??
I understand these things take time and money and all that, so I'll have a think, unless anyone else is thing of having 1?

JT

p fandango
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:57
I would be happy to pay £300,not sure about £500??
I understand these things take time and money and all that, so I'll have a think, unless anyone else is thing of having 1?
i've took 6.2kg out of my bonnet, so if you can get the fibre glass ones to weigh less than 14.3kg i'd be interested

Tomcat
Saturday 9th July 2011, 18:32
Ok, it appears I have a spare splitter sat here, painted and ready to go, anyone want it?.

AndysR
Saturday 9th July 2011, 19:08
Ok, it appears I have a spare splitter sat here, painted and ready to go, anyone want it?.

Can't you just not make them and then they will be rare ;)

All joking aside, anyone considering one? Get it bought... :)

Tomcat
Friday 15th July 2011, 17:14
..Bump...

nottsgreent5
Friday 15th July 2011, 20:34
just fitted my splitter they look mint mate

Tomcat
Monday 16th January 2012, 12:43
Ok, just a little update. I have (for the present time at least), stopped making these, between the weather and work it's just not been a viable option for a while now.

I may start making them again but I doubt very much it will before summer, thankyou to everyone who bought one of these I hope they serve you well.

T4Rick
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:23
Id be interested in a fibre glass bonnet if a few others were to bring the cost down.How much does the std 850 bonnet weight?

Tomcat
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:26
Lmao....

I'll leave it with you... if you sort out the queue.. I'll make the damn things...

claymore
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:29
Id be interested in a fibre glass bonnet if a few others were to bring the cost down.How much does the std 850 bonnet weight?
I would definately like a bonnet, I can only just lift the standard one

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:32
Out of production.... :(
Going to have to be really careful of curbs and speed bumps now.. lol

t5 pete
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:35
i will need one for a v70 r so if you have one dont sell it or if you dont get making one

JT
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:36
I would definately like a bonnet, I can only just lift the standard one

haven't we been down this road before??? lol

Out of production.... :(
Going to have to be really careful of curbs and speed bumps now.. lol

tell me about it, but its a bit late, I have scuffed Sams twice in two trips!!:doh:

T5RPete
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:42
Thats a shame, I was only equiring with Emlyn the other day where he got his from! :(

Heres to hoping you go back into production soon!

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:43
Thats a shame, I was only equiring with Emlyn the other day where he got his from! :(

Heres to hoping you go back into production soon!

You could always offer Emlyn and obscene amount of cash for his now they are officially rare ;)

Tomcat
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:44
It's all down to what happens in the next few weeks, not sure how much longer I'll be in full time employment thanks to my caring sharing boss, also if the weather warms up (and there's a demand of course)then I'll reconsider.

t5 pete
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:45
You could always offer Emlyn and obscene amount of cash for his now they are officially rare ;)

lol i carnt even get to it for fear of being shot at the raf base

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:46

That coupled with the amount of driving Emlyn does the car is never parked up long enough! lol

t5 pete
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:47
That coupled with the amount of driving Emlyn does the car is never parked up long enough! lol

Tell me about it im sure he has shares in shell

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:48

If he doesn't he should consider it! lol

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 13:38

Now thats an idea! Pete, oh Pete where is your cheque book???

The Moose -1 t5pete - 0 !!!

If in doubt a man with a big gun?

Is this team up on Emlyn day? Somebody has got to do it you know!

Im sure Im on the christmas card list if nothing else, oh and I must have pleased them in the past as my drivers club card turned "red" donned the words "v-power" and now has my name enscribed on it!

AndysR
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 23:19
Now thats an idea! Pete, oh Pete where is your cheque book???

The Moose -1 t5pete - 0 !!!

If in doubt a man with a big gun?

Is this team up on Emlyn day? Somebody has got to do it you know!

What team up on you? ;)

Im sure Im on the christmas card list if nothing else, oh and I must have pleased them in the past as my drivers club card turned "red" donned the words "v-power" and now has my name enscribed on it!

Ah yes the V-Power drivers club, apparently that's for Shell's elite customer database, oh and drivers of old thirsty Volvo's... lol

Tomcat
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 21:46
There is one splitter left it is ready, boxed and waiting (If anyone wants one), it is one I sold a while back and the current owner never got around to fitting it. Price is £90 plus £30 postage and packing, pm me for the details.

JT's Mechanic
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 22:36
tell me about it, but its a bit late, I have scuffed Sams twice in two trips!!:doh:

If he's stopping making them I'd better do the parking from now on! lol

On the plus side they're not as flimsy as you might expect fibreglass to be, it is at least still in once peice lol

t5 pete
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 22:37
Is it a 850 one tc or a v70 one

Tomcat
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 23:43
Is it a 850 one tc or a v70 one

It's an 850 one Pete, why what you after?.

dalhousie2008
Thursday 19th January 2012, 08:07
i used a renault laguna front splitter, got it on a bumper for £10

claymore
Thursday 19th January 2012, 08:14
i used a renault laguna front splitter, got it on a bumper for £10
Aren't they to short on the side? always thought they looked silly

dalhousie2008
Thursday 19th January 2012, 08:19
nah fits a treat, came on an 850 bumper so some one else did the hard work

dalhousie2008
Thursday 19th January 2012, 08:21
all told it was £20 for a replacement bumper, in the right colour with fogs in, and a correct size splitter, im not gonna complain. probably less than the postage on a splitter

t5 pete
Thursday 19th January 2012, 08:36
It's an 850 one Pete, why what you after?.

Ill be needing one for a v70 when i finally get one

Richy200
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 13:29
Any of these still about? :)

Tomcat
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 21:35
Anyone wanting one making should pm me, I don't come on here too much at the moment due to Uni but I always check my pm's when I do. I still make these(provided I can remember how,lol)..

Jamest5r
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 21:47
What's the xmas special price mate :)

iancho
Friday 14th December 2012, 09:27
For anyone who wants one of these i can highly recomend TC, I have had mine for 2yrs and it is still perfect. Better than paying £500 from the states (which seems to be the only place that does these)

TC will not rip you off he is well liked and trusted a top man who does a quality job. For the money he is asking it's a steal.

Thanks again mate for making my car look just that little bit better and glad to see your slowly getting on your feet again :biggrin:

timbo
Friday 14th December 2012, 10:01
How much Tomcat????

Tomcat
Saturday 15th December 2012, 01:06
Price is 90 plus 30 p&p..

Tomcat
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 18:30
Ok in my previous post I stated the wrong price, price is £110 plus £30 postage. I'm considering ordering some more supplies so if your thinking of ordering can you let me know so I know how much to get.

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 18:40
For anyone who wants one of these i can highly recomend TC, I have had mine for 2yrs and it is still perfect. Better than paying £500 from the states (which seems to be the only place that does these)

TC will not rip you off he is well liked and trusted a top man who does a quality job. For the money he is asking it's a steal.

Thanks again mate for making my car look just that little bit better and glad to see your slowly getting on your feet again :biggrin:

Do they fit your V70 then?

Tomcat
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 18:42
I make two different ones, one for the 850R/T5R and one for the V/S70R

MA'R'K
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 19:43
....ah haa! I defo want one of these tomcat for my V70R.....just posted a request on your other thread!

Tomcat
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 19:44
So you have... and I replied.....on the other thread....lol.