PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich Plate?

roryscott30
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:31
Hello and welcome to my first thread. I have been checking this extremely helpful forum since i bought my T5-R and working through the niggles. I have an oil leak and have had the oil cooler return seals changed as they were spewing out most of the oil then changed the PCV system which also stopped a small amount of oil. In my local garage recently they suggested that there could be a leak at the sump. Seemingly there is the sump, gasket, plate, gasket and block where the suspected leak is. I realise it may be the crankshaft oil seal but i have no oil dripping from the small oval hole where the gearbox and engine mate. Is there such a sump set up?

cheers for any help

Alan M
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:49
The oil return seal is a common failure point but a cheap and easy fix. Take a look at that. It enters the block just above the sump at the firewall side of the engine below the turbo.

cameron
Thursday 30th October 2008, 23:50
Yeah i think it cost me about £2.50 for the " O " ring and the gasket for the top.

5 minute job to change them over and a lot easier if you have a long reach 10mm socket ;)

Lee

roryscott30
Friday 31st October 2008, 08:46
Thanks for that guys i'll try and check the seal/gasket this weekend

Rory