PDA

View Full Version : help with trac's

adey
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:13
does anybody help me with my tracs it dont work , my abs works great please help

Mrsmopp
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:18
When you say it doesn't work how do you mean?

On the 850's the tracs only works up to about 20mph so its pretty much useless and you never really get much in the way of benefit from it

x

t5 pete
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:24
the tracs was always a problem with 850's and it never works very good ikf everything else is working ok i wouldnt let it bother me

Alan M
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:30
Is yours the older type Tracs or the newer type Sidney.

adey
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:30
i just wanted to see if i could get it working

t5 pete
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:31
sidney does the tracs light come on the speed cluster when you press the switch

adey
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:33
stays on all the time

t5 pete
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:36
does it say tracs off on the cluster? you could have a problem with your switch

adey
Thursday 30th October 2008, 21:41
does it say tracs off on the cluster? you could have a problem with your switch

well have alook at that to moz

nathT5
Friday 31st October 2008, 13:14
my "tracs off" light sometimes comes on and goes off whenever it likes.

Jod T5
Wednesday 5th November 2008, 01:02
my "tracs off" light sometimes comes on and goes off whenever it likes.

Then you have an issue with your abs ecu..., try reading your codes....
Does the ABS light stay on too?
Cheers
Jod

Jod T5
Wednesday 5th November 2008, 01:04
When you say it doesn't work how do you mean?

On the 850's the tracs only works up to about 20mph so its pretty much useless and you never really get much in the way of benefit from it

x

Correct Nat, Tracs is pants and only really works in the snow...It is often considered an equivalent to a LSD, which of course it is far from.....lol
Cheers
Jod

adey
Wednesday 5th November 2008, 09:04
so far iv had the switch out made sure it is clean and ok put it back in , pulled the dial cluster out and found it was is all ok so put back together , right now the brake pedel has a pumping feel to it now and wen i 1st start the car in morning i can turn the tracs on or off but as soon as i move the light just stays on . my abs ecu is all in one with the main ecu is that correct

Jod T5
Wednesday 5th November 2008, 09:52
so far iv had the switch out made sure it is clean and ok put it back in , pulled the dial cluster out and found it was is all ok so put back together , right now the brake pedel has a pumping feel to it now and wen i 1st start the car in morning i can turn the tracs on or off but as soon as i move the light just stays on . my abs ecu is all in one with the main ecu is that correct
Hi, your abs ecu is a different unit and is situated either next to the N/S suspension leg on the early cars and bolted to the bottom of the abs pump on the new ones...What year is your car and do you have a obd11 socket under the coin rack by the gear selector lever?
Cheers
Jod

adey
Saturday 8th November 2008, 14:22
a little update just been to see a mate who's got a code reader , my abs ecu has got 3 faults so will be pull that out tomz

Jod T5
Sunday 9th November 2008, 18:47
a little update just been to see a mate who's got a code reader , my abs ecu has got 3 faults so will be pull that out tomz
What codes have you pulled?
Cheers
Jod

adey
Sunday 9th November 2008, 19:11
dont no what the codes was but pulled the ecu off today and some body has been into it befour so think its time for new one