PDA

View Full Version : East Anglia T5 meet-up

Matt30462
Monday 2nd May 2005, 19:07
I am noticing a few names from East Anglia starting to appear nowadays. I don't think these Brummies should have all the fun with us having all the fuel bills. Anyone within the Anglia region fancy a get together :beer: :gossip: ? Maybe a coastal thing so we can put a few of the Promenade Cruisers in their place :B_steerin Yarmouth? Southend? "Foreigners" are allowed of course.So have a think and post if interested. If there is enough interest we can work out a time and place :gossip: .

Andrew
Monday 2nd May 2005, 21:08
Count me in Matt. How about Hunstanton Matt.... ? Lots of parking - fun fair - beaches etc. Easy for those midlands type people to get too aswell.

Andrew.

Matt30462
Monday 2nd May 2005, 21:14
Nice to hear from you Andy also glad to see you still have the T-5R after all that talk of getting rid. Hunstanton.......sure it's a possibility mind you at this early stage so is everywhere else. I like Hunstanton got some nice roads up from KL. Let's see if anyone else fancies a day out then we can decide what to do.

splatt
Monday 2nd May 2005, 21:21
Am up for a meet family/work permitting...
Southend (near me) is not an option really...trust me...full of Lax Power readers..!

Kent Canary
Monday 2nd May 2005, 21:50
Count me in

GuyD5
Monday 2nd May 2005, 22:18
Depending on the date, Pam and I will be up for this .... just got to make sure it doesn't clash with the scotland trip .... money for fuel is a challenge :wink: :)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:25
You know I dont need an excuse to show up. I'd go to the opening of an envelope (if it had volvo written on it)

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 01:05
You know I dont need an excuse to show up. I'd go to the opening of an envelope (if it had volvo written on it)

Is it passion or obsession as my missus puts it lol,
I am up for this,But Southend is the backside for chavs,Clacton or Walton on the Naze might be good,

Gary.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 08:58
I'd do my upmost to be able to make it - and i'd drag Steve along too!

x

Matt30462
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 20:18
OK, looks like we may have a goer here, got a few names interested. Now all that remains is to decide a venue, date and activity (if required). If everyone takes a look at their diary and the Volvo T5 calendar and either post or PM we can get a rough idea of available dates. I quite like the sound of a coastal meet, make it a day out with the kids if you like, something for the non-Volvo Nut to do. Luckily there are many options along the East coast. It appears that the Garyboy factor has ruled out Southend and although as Andrew says there is plenty of parking etc at Hunstanton, I fear it may be a little far North for our Essex and Kent contingent. Yarmouth is OK, Blackpool of the South so Wobbly Dave will feel at home. Feel free to put ideas forward then we can all make a decision.

Oh and don't think you can cop out Bracer, WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

Kent Canary
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 22:37
How about somewhere like Southwold?

Pros: Not bad to get to, halfway up, halfway down, halfway accross type thing
Sole Bay Brewery!
Nice and peaceful, not a great deal of people about

Cons: Could be a bit of a stretch for some
Sole Bay Brewery! (might get distracted!)
Too quiet?

splatt
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 22:44
Southwold...nice place....reason why there are no people about is that the residents are all so old they cant leave their houses (no offence to Southwold residents)
How about somewhere like Southwold?

Pros: Not bad to get to, halfway up, halfway down, halfway accross type thing
Sole Bay Brewery!
Nice and peaceful, not a great deal of people about

Cons: Could be a bit of a stretch for some
Sole Bay Brewery! (might get distracted!)
Too quiet?
:nutkick:

Kent Canary
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 22:56
More room for us then!

splatt
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:05
I hear that their cribbage team are looking for players... :haha:

Matt30462
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:15
Had a quick look at the calendar assuming Sundays are best viable dates appear to be May 29 (Bank Holiday Weekend), June19-26,July3-24. Nothing is booked for any off these dates and they avoid any potential clash with Santa Pod RWYB's

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:46
July for me!

siamblue
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 23:55
29th May is out for me as i am away on Business in E Yorkshire,
But anytime in June is good or the 3rd July as that is the weekend before i fly out on me hols.

Andrew
Thursday 5th May 2005, 07:21
I'm for 3rd July.

GuyD5
Thursday 5th May 2005, 07:35
3rd July is good for us as well

Mrsmopp
Thursday 5th May 2005, 08:56
I'm on hols 3rd of july.....However......I'm in Judge's native area for my hols and I think it was discussed about doing a costal day out over there at some point...............

x

Matt30462
Thursday 12th May 2005, 21:19
OK, it appears that there is no objection to July 3rd except Tash of course, but it would appear she has other plans anyway and no doubt we will be seeing her in the region on Santa Pod days throughout the summer. How does Felixstowe grab everyone? A quiet, quaint little seaside town (sadly a shingle beach but can't have everything), a few amusements, fish and chips, crabbing at the Ferry and a Sunday Market for those who want to shop for dusters and hairspray, while the others have their heads buried in engine bays and such. It also has the added bonus of Duel Carriageway roads from whichever direction you approach. I intend to take the nippers and let them play around while I chat so if you have family bring them along too. Other options are always welcome at this stage like as Andy suggested Hunstanton, plenty of space but a fair drive for Southern T5's, let us know, particularly those that will have to drive a fair way.

splatt
Thursday 12th May 2005, 21:24
I can do that day..wherever..I dont mind..

siamblue
Friday 13th May 2005, 00:32
I am easy mate, Anywhere in Suffolk is fine by me, Will be nice to go and visit my old stomping ground in my early days :sinner:

Andrew
Friday 13th May 2005, 08:15
I am easy mate, Anywhere in Suffolk is fine by me, Will be nice to go and visit my old stomping ground in my early days :sinner:

Date seems ok - as long as sister-in-laws baby not born. Kids will be coming no doubt. I'd prefer Yarmouth over Hunstanton though - much more to do although a bit further away and true old seaside town type. Still I can understand Felixstowe for ease in terms of getting to it so I'm not really fussed.

Andrew.

======
Edited: I meant Felixstowe

Kent Canary
Friday 13th May 2005, 08:24
Felixstowe would be fine, never been there before either. Got to check the date though.

Matt30462
Friday 13th May 2005, 17:47
Date seems ok - as long as sister-in-laws baby not born.

Don't worry Andrew, it's a Volvo. Enough room in the back for some stirrups, N2O, drip feeder, midwife, doctor, 2 nurses and one of them little plastic boxes they put newborns into.

Andrew
Friday 13th May 2005, 18:24
Don't worry Andrew, it's a Volvo. Enough room in the back for some stirrups, N2O, drip feeder, midwife, doctor, 2 nurses and one of them little plastic boxes they put newborns into.

Right booked 3rd July in with the missus and kids for a day at Felixstowe.

Matt do you want to take the twin sisters down one day for a looksee and find a meetup / parking place, what can be done etc ??

Matt30462
Friday 13th May 2005, 21:53
Feel free to PM me Andrew. It would be good to do some homework.

splatt
Friday 13th May 2005, 22:12
http://www.felixstowe.gov.uk/index.htm

yarmouth??

dicky b t5
Friday 13th May 2005, 23:22
Boys, there are two big car parking areas to the right of the market in Felixstowe , they are also right on the front and a short stroll from the centre.(Arcades,food,market etc). 3rd Julys a good date for me, well up for it! Looking forward to meeting some other mad Volvo owners? If you need any more directions road names etc let me know. Or if you do go down one weekend let me know and ill meet up with you... All the best Dicky BT5.

Andrew
Monday 16th May 2005, 23:07
It's a dead heat right now - get voteing folks!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 08:44
:grumpy:

x

Andrew
Sunday 29th May 2005, 19:44
Matt - after our chat today do you want to get a list together for this meet and cast the deciding vote on the location.

Even if it's just half a dozen - still worth doing a T5 by the Seaside event I feel!

Ac.

Matt30462
Monday 30th May 2005, 00:44
Sure, why not. We could wait forever and never satisfy everyones wishes. Ok peeps, I am sorry if it's not what you all favour but here goes. Sunday July 3rd, T5 beside the seaside. Great Yarmouth. 11 o'clock am, onwards. Suggested meet up point somewhere at the North Denes which is signposted throughout Yarmouth. A more specific spot will be identified and posted prior to the day. We can grab a few disposable BBQ's and cold drinks and hang around generally rooting about under bonnets and stuff. I have swayed toward Yarmouth as there is more space to get several Volvo's all together as it were. That's it for now, apart from asking an Administrator to start a list. Those wishing/hoping to attend please add your names. Don't forget, this is forseen as a "family day" type of thing so kids, wives, husbands, lovers, concubines, inlaws, outlaws, parents and friends are more than welcome.

Andrew
Monday 30th May 2005, 01:22
Can one of the admins put it on the calender too please ?
Be great to meet all the East Anglia / Essex boys who normally don't go along to the various meets way down south or in the midlands.

Andrew.

Andrew
Monday 30th May 2005, 16:24
ok I've added a calender event - list time....

1. Matt30462
2. Andrew

??? Who else ???

splatt
Monday 30th May 2005, 16:37
me and family
ok I've added a calender event - list time....

1. Matt30462
2. Andrew
3. Splatt& Mrs Splatt & sprog splatt

??? Who else ???

Andrew
Monday 30th May 2005, 17:44
me and family
Sure our familys will be there too...

**toddles off to tell the wife to pack the bucket and spade**

dicky b t5
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 23:46
Dicky B , Girlfriend & T5 Vinny....!

Andrew
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 23:47
OK so we have a grand total of 3 cars and I know there's more members than that in East Anglia - so come on speak to the wife and organise something gents (and lady or 2)

siamblue
Friday 3rd June 2005, 01:50
I was hoping it was going to be a bit nearer to me as it is 240 miles round trip,
Plus it is the weekend before i fly out,
Will keep you posted will have to grovel and mention it's for the kids hahaha :bricks:

Andrew
Monday 6th June 2005, 09:14
I was hoping it was going to be a bit nearer to me as it is 240 miles round trip,
Plus it is the weekend before i fly out,
Will keep you posted will have to grovel and mention it's for the kids hahaha :bricks:

Worth the effort though chap - it's a fair way for me too but my kids (4 & 5) and wifey are coming.

Come on anyone else?

WD? Tash? others?

dicky b t5
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 21:14
Me and the girlfriend will be there at Yarmouth...Should be good .

from Dicky B T5.

GuyD5
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 21:51
Still very hopeful of making this Andrew, depends on Pam again, she may be working ... should know on Friday :(

Andrew
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 23:16
The list so far then :

3rd July Yarmouth -

1. Matt30462 & Family
2. Andrew, Wife & 2 sprogs
4. Dicky B T5 & Girlfriend
5. GuyT5 (possibly)
6. Siamblue (possibly)
7. Wobbly Dave (possibly)

Oh wobbly one you coming along for T5s beside the sea?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 9th June 2005, 04:21
Put me down as a possible.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 9th June 2005, 08:51
I'm in wales that weekend :frown:

x

Andrew
Thursday 9th June 2005, 10:19
I'm in wales that weekend :frown:

x

Not to worry tash - we'll take pics etc - and there's always the second one which looks like we have enough cars to do - so I'm going to be busy organising that :)

Andrew
Friday 17th June 2005, 21:49
The list so far then :

3rd July Yarmouth -

1. Matt30462 & Family
5. GuyT5 (possibly)
6. Siamblue (possibly)
7. Wobbly Dave (possibly)

Roll up Roll up!

So I think this is the next meeting on the calender - any more for any more fancy the east coast ?? I'm buying the candy floss - you'll have to buy your own "kiss me quick" hats though!!

Seriously though - Yarmouth great for families etc. Nice beach - lots of arcades and other things for you to do - and I've got a fiver for the first person who does a 25m swim in the sea :)

splatt
Friday 17th June 2005, 22:04
Just realised...I did'nt vote.....ammended!
Looking forward to it.

Matt30462
Sunday 19th June 2005, 22:59
Took the family to Yarmouth today (blooming scorching) I found a decent place to meet up. It's not a pretty rendezvous, it's at a closed down pub, but the car park is clear and its just a few minutes drive into the main seafront of Yarmouth. This will do so we can make some arrangements for later in the afternoon.
The site is The Iron Duke (now closed)
North Drive (junction with Jellicoe Road)
North Shore
Gt Yarmouth.
NR304HF
Easy to find whatever direction you are coming from, as its just past the entrance to Gt Yarmouth racecourse,which is well signposted.
If we meet from 12 noon to 2pm here, that should give people time to arrive.Then move off into town for the bright lights.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=NR304HF&cidr_client=none

Andrew
Sunday 19th June 2005, 23:03
Don't forget this folks - this Sunday - T5s by the Sea.

Weather says it will be 15-20degrees by the coast but bright.

Kent Canary
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 21:43
Alas I cannot attend. Have fun folks..

GuyD5
Thursday 30th June 2005, 07:18
Unfortunately I shall be flying out to a customer near Cologne on Sunday morning (4am start :() so we won't be able to make this one after all .... sorry Andrew, hope you all have a good day out :)

Andrew
Thursday 30th June 2005, 09:00
1. Matt30462 & Family
5. Wobbly Dave (possibly)

dicky b t5
Thursday 30th June 2005, 15:02
1. Matt30462 & Family
5. Wobbly Dave (possibly)
Might have to go and buy a GUL T5R on Saturday..! Looks like im the only one going with a standard car...!lol...Never mind..! :shockedbi HAHAHA.!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 30th June 2005, 15:07
Might have to go and buy a GUL T5R on Saturday..! Looks like im the only one going with a standard car...!lol...Never mind..! :shockedbi HAHAHA.!
Buy mine!

dicky b t5
Thursday 30th June 2005, 15:11
Buy mine!
Thanks for the offer Dave , But when i do buy another one (some time early next year.!) It's gonna be YELLOW i just LURVE that colour...!

Andrew
Thursday 30th June 2005, 23:20
Wobbly you coming or not ?

Andrew
Friday 1st July 2005, 23:14
Just checked the weather for Sunday - looks nice and Sunny - looking forward to it .... although.... I may have to buy myself a new spade... lost my old one :)

dicky b t5
Saturday 2nd July 2005, 09:10
Just checked the weather for Sunday - looks nice and Sunny - looking forward to it .... although.... I may have to buy myself a new spade... lost my old one :)
If by a unlucky chance its xissing down with rain are we still going to meet , Yarmouth not the best place to be if its belting down...!

Andrew
Saturday 2nd July 2005, 09:58
If by a unlucky chance its xissing down with rain are we still going to meet , Yarmouth not the best place to be if its belting down...!

I'd say no.

Probably best thing is check before 10am here see if this is still on.

Matt - PM me your mobile number.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 01:25
Looks likely to be a nice day - I am coming for sure!

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 08:21
Looks likely to be a nice day - I am coming for sure!

Yup just checked the weather for yarmouth. Looks to be 14-20 with a bit of a breeze so despite been full of a head cold and as snotty as a snotty thing me and the family will be their with bucket and spades in hand :)

Vikingxl
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 08:26
Hope you all have a fantastic day im sorry we wont be there.Maybe there will be another one soon.

dicky b t5
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 08:46
Yup just checked the weather for yarmouth. Looks to be 14-20 with a bit of a breeze so despite been full of a head cold and as snotty as a snotty thing me and the family will be their with bucket and spades in hand :)
We're leaving here at about 11 o'clock will be in Gt Y at 12.30 ish , see you there. :B_steerin

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 08:53
We're leaving here at about 11 o'clock will be in Gt Y at 12.30 ish , see you there. :B_steerin

I'm not sure how long we'll be staying at that location - 2 hrs is probably a bit much to keep kids happy - my mobile is 07736 894 085 should anyone arrive late and can't find us.

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 08:58
800+ views and only 5 cars coming :)

1. Matt30462 & Family
3. Splatt & Mrs Splatt & sprog splatt
5. Wobbly Dave

Any last minute folks more than welcome - meeting time 12-1pm - meeting point is:

The site is The Iron Duke (now closed) Car Park
North Drive (junction with Jellicoe Road)
North Shore
Gt Yarmouth.
NR304HF

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=NR304HF&cidr_client=none

And if you can't make the meeting time call me on my mobile and I'll tell you where we are....

Matt30462
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 10:00
I'll be leaving mine about 10.45, should be at Yarmouth about 12.00. Sadly I will be unaccompanied as Alice is out with friends, Harry thinks Volvo meets are for sad lonely people and the wife is having a relaxing day at home while the biggest kid in the family is in Yarmouth playing with his car.
See you up there.

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 20:43
================================================== ========
Well all 5 cars turned up eventually and we all, I think, had a very pleasent day.

Some snaps below - from the phone so not the best quality - more pics of cars, from a proper digital camera coming soon!

Image 117 - Splatt & Mrs Splatt
Image 109 - Matt, Tracy & Dicky
Image 111 - Dicky + Wobbly Dave (side of head) ;)
Image 115 - Matt + Tracy
Image 125 - Splatt and Daughter Splatt on log flume
Image 122 - Son + Daughter Andrew + Daughter Splatt
================================================== ========

dicky b t5
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 21:04
Got in at 8.50 but that was after stopping in Ipswich for some dinner....!
A great day , a pleasure to meet you Wobbly , Andrew , Matt , Splatt & wifes and little uns...Many thanks to Wobbly for taking us for a spin..!that blxxdy motors a beast..? Again many thanks to you all for a enjoyable day looking forward to the next one.. Dicky B & Tracy XX.

dicky b t5
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 21:44
SPLATT...
Hope you got back on the A12 ok , we see you follow us off the roundabout and turn round . Sorry if that was my fault we had to come off there to get to a petrol station , car was running on fumes..!

splatt
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:14
wrong turn....Wendy started to follow you...should have joined you for food!!!

Good to meet up with you all..
Will put up the pics when I resize them...

Look forward to the next time

Pat

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:27
I've sent the pics to Justin for inclusing in the official gallery. However I've also posted them here for those who just can't wait :)

http://www.cardwell.co.uk/cars/volvo/meetings/2005/July-3-T5s-by-the-sea/

splatt
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:33
heres one!

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:38
make sure all pics are also sent to justin @ volvot5. co . uk.

andy l
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:41
looks like it was a good day hope you are planing to have a new meet soon

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:45
East Anglai 2 meet is planned for August I believe or perhaps early sept - I'll have to search for the link. It'll be treasure hunt/meal affair starting close to Stanstead and moving on for food after that.

There will be a trophy :)

andy l
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:48
were are you planing the hunt to end can we meet up there

Andrew
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:51
were are you planing the hunt to end can we meet up there

Still tbd - I've one place in mind but it would require pre-booking and I'm not keen on doing that until I get more interest... follow the thread "East Anglia 2"

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2423&highlight=east+anglia

I will post details here closer to the time.

Justin
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:59
Pics uploaded guys, some cracking shots Andrew, glad you had fun, pics are here :)

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/thumbnails.php?album=180

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th July 2005, 00:43
Fantastic day - thanks to all. Furthest East in the UK I have ever been. Travelled a total of 384 miles (about 6 hours of driving). Averaged ~28 mpg including the odd blat. Used about 60 litres of fuel = ~£54 which was not bad considering the distance. New distance record on 1 tank. I guess it must be that you're hard ever on boost with a 19T.

I think I can chalk up another new underpants victim (Dicky) - She absolutely flew & stopped. Can't fault her at all.

It was good as always to see Matt and Andrew and meet Splatt & Dicky.
Many laughs were had and the kids had a fab time too. Casey - Splatt's daughter - was full of beans and an absolute gem.
I very much enjoyed the dodgems and the radio controlled cars. I had a BMW police car - das ist gut ya? - and nicked the lot of them! Well worth the 50p. LOL

It's a good drive from Brum - if not a little long - had a bit of a play with a F355 and the odd merc.

Thanks to Matt for organising it - I hope to see you all again soon.

Matt30462
Monday 4th July 2005, 10:08
You know what! I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Yarmouth. Good conversation with great company ( and not ALL Volvo orientated) Lovely to meet some of the spouses and girlfriends, it made the day a little less of a bonnet lifter and more like an outing. As for the kids, little gems each and everyone, a credit to their parents. Big up to Wobbly who as usual made a supreme effort by coming all the way down from Brum. All in all a great day out with a lil' twist in the tale aswell. Know what I mean Splatt?????

OH yes!!!!!!!!!!!! And nice to have a bit more hair than someone for a change :haha: eh! Dicky.

dicky b t5
Monday 4th July 2005, 12:56
You know what! I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Yarmouth. Good conversation with great company ( and not ALL Volvo orientated) Lovely to meet some of the spouses and girlfriends, it made the day a little less of a bonnet lifter and more like an outing. As for the kids, little gems each and everyone, a credit to their parents. Big up to Wobbly who as usual made a supreme effort by coming all the way down from Brum. All in all a great day out with a lil' twist in the tale aswell. Know what I mean Splatt?????

OH yes!!!!!!!!!!!! And nice to have a bit more hair than someone for a change :haha: eh! Dicky.

Im NOT really BALD..! I just have it cut this way..! :slap:

splatt
Monday 4th July 2005, 13:01
with a lil' twist in the tale aswell. Know what I mean Splatt?????
LOL... not got over it yet eh....? HaHa :)

Matt30462
Monday 4th July 2005, 13:07
Gave me nightmares last night. Still the thought of you going home sitting like you had p****d yourself helped.

splatt
Monday 4th July 2005, 13:10
Gave me nightmares last night. Still the thought of you going home sitting like you had p****d yourself helped.
Should never have gone on the log flume, ...took a while to dry out but it was worth it!!