PDA

View Full Version : V70 Tailgate Lock

v70torslanda
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 19:59
. . . it doesn't!

Boy! Is this p***ing me off!

The tailgate will not latch. The only way you can close it properly is to bring the tailgate down, hold it closed and use a firm pressure to lock it.

The problem is it doesn't always work. The lock feels like it is secure and you can't pull the tailgate up again, then moments later you move off and suddenly there's this rush of noise and the door's open again. This leads to embarassing moments like this evening when the tailgate flew open on Aytoun St in central Manchester and the contents of the boot were liberally scattered all over the tarmac. At rush hour. Arse biscuits!

Not just embarassing but dangerous too. Operate the lock with a screwdriver and it latches perfectly. I've adjusted the striker by moving it out about 4mm and made sure everything is tight but it is still very hit & miss.

Any suggestions?

luv'n'stuff

J

gazbak1
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 21:53
have you tried lubricating the lock as i had the same problem on a car today. i just sprayed with lub operated a couple of times and lubricated again and jobs done.

hope this works for you?

gazbak1

v70torslanda
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 22:47
Every time i spray lube into the lock something like CV joint grease runs out. It hasn't made any difference so far.

Anyone any idea of the cost of a new latch?

siamblue
Thursday 30th October 2008, 01:27
Every time i spray lube into the lock something like CV joint grease runs out. It hasn't made any difference so far.

Anyone any idea of the cost of a new latch?

I got a spare here with microswitch £20 posted,

Gary,

PS Can take Paypal.