PDA

View Full Version : Volvo supercharger on ebay (little blue thing)

Loz1
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 19:15
Anybody got any thoughts on this item i saw on ebay? - More to the fact, will it work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-VOLVO-850-S40-S60-T4-T5-TURBO-SUPERCHARGER-INTAKE_W0QQitemZ280266231579QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em280266231579&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

pangster
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 19:18
Anybody got any thoughts on this item i saw on ebay? - More to the fact, will it work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-VOLVO-850-S40-S60-T4-T5-TURBO-SUPERCHARGER-INTAKE_W0QQitemZ280266231579QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em280266231579&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I think if you had a asthmatic dwarf hidden away in your engine bay, blowing into the intake with a blocked straw it would make more of a difference...

in all honesty i think it would actually add a restriction and rob you of power! instead of the converse! lol!!

Loz1
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 19:29
I think if you had a asthmatic dwarf hidden away in your engine bay, blowing into the intake with a blocked straw it would make more of a difference...

in all honesty i think it would actually add a restriction and rob you of power! instead of the converse! lol!!

Think i'll give this a wide birth then (maybe spend the money on.......................................still thinking.............................FOOD!.

What are your thoughts on this then. Thought above a K&N induction kit but alot of people have said it brings more hot air in rather than cold air resulting in less power. found a link from the forum to IPD USA and found this.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-850/Filters-&-Tune-Up/Air-Filters/Short-Ram-Intake/p-72-167-656-3546/

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 19:43
just replace the standard air filter with a perfomance one

shemtek_racing
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 20:07
performance panel filter in a smoothed air box is probly the best way to go could even add an extra feed

Loz1
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 20:10
performance panel filter in a smoothed air box is probly the best way to go could even add an extra feed

forgive my ignorant, but what's a smoothed air box????

Jimmie
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 20:38

You dont drive a landy then?.lol

pangster
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 20:46
You dont drive a landy then?.lol

lol! :)

c70Portree
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 09:26
Think i'll give this a wide birth then (maybe spend the money on.......................................still thinking.............................FOOD!.

What are your thoughts on this then. Thought above a K&N induction kit but alot of people have said it brings more hot air in rather than cold air resulting in less power. found a link from the forum to IPD USA and found this.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-850/Filters-&-Tune-Up/Air-Filters/Short-Ram-Intake/p-72-167-656-3546/

i hate this! everyone on here puts down on k&n's saying the give to much hot air! you need to set them up right for them to work properley, do that and youll get air colder than the artic!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 09:39
i hate this! everyone on here puts down on k&n's saying the give to much hot air!

Slight generalisation lol! There are a lot of folks with a K&N on here :)

x

c70Portree
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 10:11
Slight generalisation lol! There are a lot of folks with a K&N on here :)

x

sorry bad morning at work! im a cheapskate but when they offer a "supercharger" thingy for that cheap id take it with a pinch of salt

Jimmie
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 11:18
It isn't a supercharger as such,don't know where they got that name from.
Link removed this is what it says;

HiCLONE

The Hiclone is a simple non moving, stainless steel device that sits inside of the air induction system of a diesel engine. Like a static mixer, it vigorously swirls the air. The swirling effect inproves the fuel / air mixture and promotes more complete combustion.

Hiclone makes the power in each cylinder more even which reduces friction and results in a more stable performance with less noise and abrasion.

Hiclone also smoothes out the engine torque curve, resulting in a reduction in gear changes and a quieter engine especially on the motorway. With Hiclone fitted you can corner and go uphill in a higher gear. This makes the vehicle easier to drive, improves the ride and reduces engine wear.

Additionally Hiclone improves the low down grunt of turbo charged engines making towing and hauling heavy loads more effective.

Snorkels reduce power and torque, fitting a Hiclone in a snorkel reverses this effect.

Land Rovers particularly benefit from fitting Hiclone including increased torque, less smoke and hydrocarbon emissions, better fuel consumption and a smoother, quieter engine.

Hiclone will not damage the engine and will not invalidate the vehicles warranty. Hiclone itself has a lifetime warranty.

Fitting is simple; no special tools or engine modifications are needed and it's maintenance free.

Available for Land Rover Diesel engines, phone for other applications.

Loz1
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 17:44
i hate this! everyone on here puts down on k&n's saying the give to much hot air! you need to set them up right for them to work properley, do that and youll get air colder than the artic!

any piccy's of how it show be set up properly?????