PDA

View Full Version : phil whittaker rica

blackrat2
Monday 2nd May 2005, 18:38
Has anyone out there had there car RIC'D by Phil Whittaker cars... they are fairly local to me in Surrey, i know everyone else is going to Volvo tuning but i guess they must do the same package .

Justin
Monday 2nd May 2005, 20:40
From what i have heard they are top notch and do exactly the same as VT as he owns a franchise.....I'm sure Adam will fill in the blanks for you.....

Que Adam or Hamish..............................

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:18
I was in VT the other day - broken/wobbly HT leads - and who should be there, no other than PW son (sorry but names eludes me). Fill in the gaps yourself.

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 01:14
I was lucky enough to go out in Phills Rica D5,Bloody thing had so much torque i thought i was driving my own car,Truelly amazing for a diesel and he could get 50 mpg out of it.

rich850t5
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 21:46
Has anyone out there had there car RIC'D by Phil Whittaker cars... they are fairly local to me in Surrey, i know everyone else is going to Volvo tuning but i guess they must do the same package .
As im close as well can you post location/address of phil w cars

volvotuning
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 22:28
PW Cars do indeed resell RICA. However, they prefer not to tune older cars with the potential of other work being required in order to get the cars running right. So you'll probably find that they prefer to tune the phase 2 stuff, ie 2001 and later.

The software you get there will be the same as you get at our workshop, but only the off-the-shelf maps are available, ie no custom stuff, and no stage 2 etc.

Good guys there! Ask for Jerry. There are two RICA D5 upgrades available:

1. Comfort Tune - 198 bhp and 435 Nm
2. Sport Tune - 215 bhp and 450 Nm

Adam.

After_Shock
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 23:02
Adam what tune have you got on your D5?

I was driving the managers S60 D5 today for the first time and the average mpg that was showing was 32.8 which wasnt great I didnt think!

volvotuning
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 23:09
Is the car driven mainly round town? Does it get chance to warm up properly, bearing in mind this takes longer in the D5 than the T5? Is it stock? Is it auto?

I have the Sport map on mine, which is 215 bhp.

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 00:00
PW Cars do indeed resell RICA. However, they prefer not to tune older cars with the potential of other work being required in order to get the cars running right. So you'll probably find that they prefer to tune the phase 2 stuff, ie 2001 and later.

The software you get there will be the same as you get at our workshop, but only the off-the-shelf maps are available, ie no custom stuff, and no stage 2 etc.

Good guys there! Ask for Jerry. There are two RICA D5 upgrades available:

1. Comfort Tune - 198 bhp and 435 Nm
2. Sport Tune - 215 bhp and 450 Nm

Adam.
What about a whistling tune? How does that go? ;)

That's the lad - Jerry. Nice guy. That black S60 he came down in was lovely especially with the dark multispoke alloys.

blackrat2
Friday 6th May 2005, 18:14
sorry to take so long to get back with his details
Phil Whittaker Cars Beaconsfield Road Farnham Common Slough
tel 01753 646662
I will hopefully be ok with him as i have a phase2