PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit xenons

gazbak1
Monday 27th October 2008, 19:19
Any know if it is possible to volvo xenons to a s60 with standard lights as i have tried lots of bulbs but cant get near the same affect also i dont wont the bulb failure message you get with other kits?

any help appreciated

Gazbak1

Terminator
Monday 27th October 2008, 20:56
If you fit a 50/55w xenon kit (available on ebay for about £70 inclusive) you will not get the bulb out warning. (I have one of these fitted to my V70R and the brightness is superb. Surpisingly good quality too!

The standard xenon 30w setup will trigger the warning message unless you fit an in line resistor.

gazbak1
Monday 27th October 2008, 22:24
thanks but im trying genuine volvo units as an idear first before modding the ones on the car.

gazbak1

Redbrick
Monday 27th October 2008, 22:52
I *think* the actual light units are different on the Bi-zenon cars. It might be expensive but I've had no problems running the HIDS4U Ultimate kit in the full beam of my P2 V70 with factory bi-zenons- 6000K colour is too blue though.
http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=64&cat=16&page=1

'Toyota Pro' discount code apparently gives £25 off.

Alan M
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 07:46
I bought 2 kits from dianeshop on ebay, HID kits, the ballast on one of them broke so I sent it back and I'm waiting for a return. I am pleased with the kit though as it increased the light output dramatically. I have two sets of bulbs, one 6000k and one 8000k.

c70Portree
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 09:37
im pretty sure its the actual casing not the bulb that does the job, standard casing is kinda frosted, xenon casing is clear with chrome tape on the inner side.