PDA

View Full Version : mile ometer/trip meter speedo ok

5seaterT5x2
Monday 27th October 2008, 14:22
Any help tips with the above would be much appreciated,speedo seems fine along with everything else just the trip and mileometer seem to stop quite often and seems to be getting longer between the stops

Dangerous Dave
Monday 27th October 2008, 15:22
Mileage/trip meter is run off a seperate stepper motor. You could take it apart and lightly lubricate, but chances are that its on its way out. Mine went on my old 940, left it for 3 years, then I finally got round to soldering in a new motor from a donor set of clocks.

t5 pete
Monday 27th October 2008, 17:17
have a look on the ipd web site there is a cog and sometime the teeth break on them ipd sell them im sure

5seaterT5x2
Monday 27th October 2008, 18:10
Mileage/trip meter is run off a seperate stepper motor. You could take it apart and lightly lubricate, but chances are that its on its way out. Mine went on my old 940, left it for 3 years, then I finally got round to soldering in a new motor from a donor set of clocks.

oh ok cheers,erm any idea where it's located roughly?? ;-/ it's a 95 t5 auto
cheers

Dangerous Dave
Monday 27th October 2008, 18:27
Its right next to the mile/trip counter, basically right in the middle of the clock unit

5seaterT5x2
Monday 27th October 2008, 18:44
Its right next to the mile/trip counter, basically right in the middle of the clock unit

ah ok right cheers for that next sunny day i'm of i'll ave a look in there cheers