Saturday 25th October 2008, 14:47
sounds sweet matey

BruceT
Saturday 25th October 2008, 18:25
Sounds good.

Whats the deal with a TWR exhaust then?

850twr
Saturday 25th October 2008, 21:36
its an original 3" full system off the 90's touring car, was one hell of a find but obviously the downpipe/decat would not fit (due to it being designed for NA) has no center silencer, just one at the back :D was a bit of a fiddle to fit mostly down to the bore size, obviously all stainless steel with mandrel bends. pops like mad when u back off in the lower gears lol.

just need a ss downpipe to finish it off. any ideas where i can get one that isnt 500 odd quid, lol? wud prefer a straight decat pipe rather than the pricey race cat option. any suggestions?

Mrsmopp
Saturday 25th October 2008, 21:41
Sounds bloody fantastic!!!

x

850twr
Saturday 25th October 2008, 22:16
thanks mopp, pretty good coming from an administrator of vpcuk,lol, just cant wait to get rid of that cat!

Chad
Sunday 26th October 2008, 07:01
that sounds tasty

T5JUST
Sunday 26th October 2008, 07:20
i like the sound of that :)

pangster
Sunday 26th October 2008, 11:09
sounds good! :)

BigV
Sunday 26th October 2008, 11:20
Sounds very loud...... what is it like on the motorway?

Dan850T5
Sunday 26th October 2008, 16:31
Sounds awesome! Where did you find that then?

850twr
Sunday 26th October 2008, 21:20
it is very loud, but not as loud as it seems as the mic on my phone is a bit poor and gets overloaded quite easy, driving on the motorway is ok as long as ur 75+ in 5th, does drone a bit at 60ish in 5th, but motorways are a rare occurance for me anyway

it was sourced through a volvo employee but his wife/kids found it a bit much, lol. the expression like hens teeth comes to mind.

850twr
Sunday 26th October 2008, 21:26
will get the missus to record a decent drive by vid at some point this week.

t5 pete
Sunday 26th October 2008, 21:31
i get what you mean about it popping when u let of the throttle i had a custom 3" done with a race can as the silencer

850twr
Saturday 8th November 2008, 14:14
hey finaly got a drive by vid, now with a stainless CAI aswell, just need a beter cam, what u guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wacZFsSqpk

also note my brake light comes on when i de-press the crutch, any ideas?

t5 pete
Saturday 8th November 2008, 14:50
Quality

siamblue
Saturday 8th November 2008, 15:44
Wow, i am in the middle of having mine fabricated, with a 300mm x 5" silencer, i can't wait if mine sounds a little bit like that,

Gary

cookie
Saturday 8th November 2008, 21:49
what u guys think?

What? the sound of the exhaust, or driving like a complete tit in what is probably a 30 limit.

pangster
Saturday 8th November 2008, 21:56
What? the sound of the exhaust, or driving like a complete tit in what is probably a 30 limit.

run along now Ben no one here is interested in your **** stirring comments.. I'm sure there's someone on T5D5 that needs help with their ingrowing toe nail..

:wavey::hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

EDIT: and here's me thinking you would have been pre-occupied with your latest witch hunt on T5D5...

Tomcat
Saturday 8th November 2008, 22:31
also note my brake light comes on when i de-press the crutch, any ideas?

I used to have this problem on my first 850, it's the switch on the brake pedal, the position is adjustable, you need to move the switch further in so it takes more pedal travel to operate it. At the moment you have so little travel needed that when you press the clutch it's moving the pedal box enough to operate the brake light switch. Easy fix, about 2 mins top.

Volvostorm
Saturday 8th November 2008, 22:57
I love that exhaust note, its almost spine tingling!

850twr
Sunday 9th November 2008, 01:25
lol righto COOKIE, so us lot spend hundreds boosting our cars up to drive around at the speed limit? ha! you should join neighborhood watch instead of a performance club! and no it was a 40 limit :p

850twr
Sunday 9th November 2008, 01:27
and tomcat thankyou very much, will have a look tomoz. cheers guys.

Justin
Sunday 9th November 2008, 11:23
run along now Ben no one here is interested in your **** stirring comments.. I'm sure there's someone on T5D5 that needs help with their ingrowing toe nail..

:wavey::hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

EDIT: and here's me thinking you would have been pre-occupied with your latest witch hunt on T5D5...

lol righto COOKIE, so us lot spend hundreds boosting our cars up to drive around at the speed limit? ha! you should join neighborhood watch instead of a performance club! and no it was a 40 limit :p

I have to say lads i agree with Cookie here. I appreciate that we tune our cars and wish to use them, however......there is a time and a place.

Cookie "I" think your reaction could have been better worded, nevertheless, point taken.

Pangster while you are obviously not keen on certain individuals that use both here and T5D5, i would urge you to not chastise/taunt them when they do post please.

Back on topic, that exhaust sounds awesome :)

pangster
Sunday 9th November 2008, 12:19
I have to say lads i agree with Cookie here. I appreciate that we tune our cars and wish to use them, however......there is a time and a place.

Cookie "I" think your reaction could have been better worded, nevertheless, point taken.

Pangster while you are obviously not keen on certain individuals that use both here and T5D5, i would urge you to not chastise/taunt them when they do post please.

Back on topic, that exhaust sounds awesome :)

Fair point Justin! - there is a time and place... I guess the issue I had was with the wording of his reply as it was clearly worded to cause a reaction/get a response from the OP.

It also seems a little hypocritical when he comes out with comments like this on other threads:

I've had both 850 and V70 auto's canned the nuts off them and never had a problem

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showpost.php?p=194160&postcount=9

But I guess the 'canning' was confined to a race track ;):)?

850twr
Sunday 9th November 2008, 13:45
yeah point taken, as for a time and a place, i agree and that was on a dead road on the seafront at around 1am, not exactly town center rush hour stuff, did you see one single other car? anyway thanks for your comments guys