PDA

View Full Version : What does the button do on the fob?

BruceT
Friday 24th October 2008, 12:15
Lock/Unlock is obvious, but since I dont have the owners manual, what does the smaller button below do?

kyebosh
Friday 24th October 2008, 12:22
Panic Button?

BruceT
Friday 24th October 2008, 12:29
I was thinking that, or to turn off the interior sensors (If it has any) but its not labelled...

Tomcat
Friday 24th October 2008, 12:35
As far as I remember it is a panic button. Try it, if it sets the alarm off then you know for certain.

BruceT
Friday 24th October 2008, 13:00
Lol true. I will see when I get home and annoy some neighbours!

850twr
Friday 24th October 2008, 13:24
yes its a panic button, you have to hold it in for 3 seconds.

BruceT
Friday 24th October 2008, 13:37
And it sets of the alarm?

What should work, Siren or Horn Indicators flashing?

Cubes
Friday 24th October 2008, 13:43
You got both?

850twr
Friday 24th October 2008, 22:02
yeh i tried mine a few weeks back it sets the hazards and a siren off (not the horn) the siren is hidden elsewhere to make life for theives harder.

t5 pete
Friday 24th October 2008, 22:05
The horns aint part of the alarm the horn for the alarm is situated at the side of the tourque arm its impossible for some one to get to it with out opening the bonnet

Cubes
Friday 24th October 2008, 22:18
My alarm doesn't activate the horn either. It has a seperate alarm which is VERY well hidden and a b*tch to get to if ever it needs replacing. But I guess making it difficult to get to is the idea!

stainesy
Friday 24th October 2008, 23:34
chect mine and it sets the horn off. and concidering my horn only has the smaller of the 2 horns it makes a gay baby horn sound alarm that would make criminals laugh LOL

Filterlab
Saturday 25th October 2008, 12:19
I believe the panic button was originally intended for the US market where car jackings and violent crime are more rife than in Europe. I've never seen a UK 70 series fob with a panic button though, maybe they applied the option to the 850 but deleted from the European 70 series.

Cubes
Saturday 25th October 2008, 12:35
The fact that they all have them now, and even heartbeat sensors(!), is a worrying sign of where society is going. Unless it's intended to check if your dog, that you left inside the car one July afternoon, is still alive. The last thing you want is the RSPCA telling you why the smell in your Ovlov won't be 'new car' or 'pine forrest'

Filterlab
Saturday 25th October 2008, 13:23
The heartbeat sensor is an exceptional idea. There was a murder earlier this year where the murderer was waiting in the victim's car for her. If she'd have had a fob with a heartbeat sensor she'd still be alive. Worrying stuff, but comparatively rare thank goodness.

dant5
Monday 27th October 2008, 09:36
Lock/Unlock is obvious, but since I dont have the owners manual, what does the smaller button below do?

i think i have a spare owners manual. pm me if you interested.

and yes its deiffinatly the panic button.

cameron
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 01:41
If i remember rightly the 850 only had the flashing indicators after 95 or on higher spec earlier cars such as the CD or GLT. I could be wrong but no doubt someone will correct me if need be ;) Im only saying this as my 95 T5 S didnt have the flashing indicators so i changed the relay out of my 96 T5 when i was breaking it and now the indicators do flash. There was no problem with the old relay out the 95 T5 as i put it in my friends T5 CD and his didnt flash either, although they did with his own relay . In 96 i think the alarm going off flashed the indicators on most 850's.

The smaller horn for the alarm is as stated before to the side of the top engine mount on the bulkhead and it should be quite a loud constant drone. Like somebody holding the horn down.

Lee

BruceT
Wednesday 29th October 2008, 08:42
If i remember rightly the 850 only had the flashing indicators after 95 or on higher spec earlier cars such as the CD or GLT. I could be wrong but no doubt someone will correct me if need be ;) Im only saying this as my 95 T5 S didnt have the flashing indicators so i changed the relay out of my 96 T5 when i was breaking it and now the indicators do flash. There was no problem with the old relay out the 95 T5 as i put it in my friends T5 CD and his didnt flash either, although they did with his own relay . In 96 i think the alarm going off flashed the indicators on most 850's.

The smaller horn for the alarm is as stated before to the side of the top engine mount on the bulkhead and it should be quite a loud constant drone. Like somebody holding the horn down.

Lee

I threatened to use it while we was in Tesco car park but the misses said "Dont you dare" lol