PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Waxworks..

S40xs
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:36
Cheers for sorting me out with some decent polish, got home and gave the 40 a good clean, hopefully tomorrow will give the stuff a whirl.

Any tips on alppying the polish for best results? Que Dave.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:40
Shake for a good 2 minutes before hand and continue to shake whilst working. As you see the polish is in 2 parts and you must get a good suspension for best results

Use a rung out cloth to apply - stops all the polish going into the cloth first.
Polish in straight lines rather than circles. It is soo easy to put on there really is no way you can go wrong.

S40xs
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:43
Lol whats the worst that could happen.......... :insane:

And there was me expecting the ol famous - "Wax on wax off" line

Cheers Dave.

Goof
Monday 2nd May 2005, 09:45
What is this "decent polish"? and why is it better than others?
- I'm wanting to know which to buy!
Before & after photos would be great if you get chance S40xs...

fraz13
Monday 2nd May 2005, 09:57
Cheers Steve for ma wee bottle :haha: Unfortunately the heavens have opened again :slap: so wont be able to try it today :frown:

Waxworks
Monday 2nd May 2005, 12:12
First you need to wash the car using any kind of car wash and wax.
After rinsing the car using clean water, leave it to dry for a little while to get the excess water off.
Then while the car is still damp you can begin to apply then polish.
I use an old damp car sponge to apply the polish, as Dave said using straight lines and not circular motions, try to keep the sponge slightly damp.
You can also use the polish on all the windows including the windscreen, so that will save you having to polish the windows.
You can also use the poish on your front and rear lights too.
Don't worry too much about going over any plastic trim as the polish is much easier to remove than 'normal polishes'.
Once polished has been applied, simply wipe polish off using a soft cloth and sit back and enjoy your handiwork! LOL

The polish i use is called Presta and is imported from the states.
If anyone is interested i can supply, prices are £15 if you want to collect from a meet or i can post for £20.

By the way it was good to meet everyone at the stretton fox meet, especially the newbies!
Nice to see new and old faces and the car park was a good sight to see.
See you all at the next one!!!!

Justin
Monday 2nd May 2005, 12:32
:B_offtopi I know but I'm loving your signature Wax :uglyhamme

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd May 2005, 23:41
First you need to wash the car using any kind of car wash and wax.
After rinsing the car using clean water, leave it to dry for a little while to get the excess water off.
Then while the car is still damp you can begin to apply then polish.
I use an old damp car sponge to apply the polish, as Dave said using straight lines and not circular motions, try to keep the sponge slightly damp.
You can also use the polish on all the windows apart the windscreen (obviously), so that will save you having to polish the windows.
Don't worry too much about going over any plastic trim as the polish is much easier to remove than 'normal polishes'.
Once polished has been applied, simply wipe polish off using a soft cloth and sit back and enjoy your handiwork! LOL

The polish i use is called Presta and is imported from the states.
If anyone is interested i can supply, prices are £15 if you want to collect from a meet or i can post for £20.

By the way it was good to meet everyone at the stretton fox meet, especially the newbies!
Nice to see new and old faces and the car park was a good sight to see.
See you all at the next one!!!!
Here speaketh the master :worship:

GuyD5
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:04
What is this "decent polish"? and why is it better than others?
- I'm wanting to know which to buy!

Just buy it from and use it as Steve (Waxworks) says and it just works Goof, no white powder residue and incredibly easy to polish off :)

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 01:18
Could you bring a bottle over to VT on Saturday Wax?As i can pay you for it then.

Gary

Andrew
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:49
He's bringing the two bottles I ordered too :)

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:52
Thats 3 bottles he's bringing to VT then - any more?

x

S40xs
Friday 27th May 2005, 20:45
Finally got round to wahing my motor.
Heres the (So called) dirrty Look...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/Dirrty.jpg

S40xs
Friday 27th May 2005, 20:46
Clean and polished (well the best i could do on a friday nite....)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/Waxxy.jpg

S40xs
Friday 27th May 2005, 20:51
Clean front end. Tomorrow (hangover permitting) im going to re-do the black bits and finish off the interior cleaning.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/S4100093_sm.jpg

alan
Saturday 28th May 2005, 16:37
presta is good stuff. have all their products. their compound realy is the best for using on fresh paint after flatting. also the swirl mark reomver is really good in use with the special foam pad. really good for dark blues or blacks. to finish off i use swisol concorso wax for a really long lastin shine but it costs alot

Alan

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 28th May 2005, 23:03
Wow - that is a damn fine effort I have to say. Need some more shots in good sunshine to see the whole car!

Redbrick
Saturday 28th May 2005, 23:41
Waxworks how do I contact you to place an order?

Can you PM me?

Many thanks

Andy

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 28th May 2005, 23:50
Andy!

I will make sure that there is some available at the BBQ!

S40xs
Sunday 29th May 2005, 22:43
Wow - that is a damn fine effort I have to say. Need some more shots in good sunshine to see the whole car!

Cheers, birds gone and done the nasty on it already. Wheres my shotgun.