PDA

View Full Version : S40, Elec. window abit nackered

happy.smiler
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 07:22
My Drivers side Elec. window is very slow going up and has almost stopped once or twice, it normally makes one loud click, :tombstonewhat's wrong with it?

I was thinking could I take the warm out part from one of the other windows?? :bud:(all four windows are elec.)

thanks

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 07:39
The elecy windows in my S40 are painfully slow too. Not sure what is causing it! Let us know if you manage to sort it out!

-CHRIS-
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 16:52
mine did this a while back.. it got slowwer and slowwer and then just refused to move... on mine the little hairs on the window seal/glass runners had worn off in places and there was too much friction to move the window up... so maybe a new seal?

i just took the glass out and put it back in but twisted it slightly so it didn't dig into the window seal next to the b pillar.. did the trick for me..

happy.smiler
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 16:56
thanks, I guess i'll have to take the door lining off??

-CHRIS-
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 17:10
Yes, to get at the window mechanism where the glass is attatched you do have to take the door card off. not too compicated though. if you go down the route of getting a new seal i'm not sure. (depends what exactly the problem is).

Good Luck!

jimka
Friday 24th October 2008, 08:32
mine use to suffer from the same... I took off the door card and losened the bolts for the window runner (there are two at the bottom), i then played with it until it went up fine... try it.. took 20mins

S70T5Chris
Friday 24th October 2008, 14:50
mine use to suffer from the same... I took off the door card and losened the bolts for the window runner (there are two at the bottom), i then played with it until it went up fine... try it.. took 20mins

cool, i'll give that a try on mine.

CONDYBOY
Saturday 25th October 2008, 12:04
Generally it is because the window has twisted a bit. I used to put spray lube down the runners aswell (below the bottom of the rainstrip or it runs onto the glass), this did the trick for a while.

happy.smiler
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 17:45
Hi Guys,

I took the door apart this weekend, I took as much as the seal out as possible and then put it back in again, and it worked....... for a while, I guess next time i'll try losen the bolts on the runner, and / or buy a new seal, any idea how much??

thanks