PDA

View Full Version : Alarm goes off when it rains

Loz1
Tuesday 21st October 2008, 21:40
Can any tell we why my alarm goes off whenever we get a heavy downpour of rain (latest episode was Sunday after a hail stone downpour)

t5 pete
Tuesday 21st October 2008, 21:47
If it was hail stone the alarm would pick it up also if its very heavy rain it might do it sounds like your alarm is very sensative or water is getting to it also is it a genuine volvo one or a aftermarket one

neevo
Tuesday 21st October 2008, 21:52
On my old 850 I feel that it was the sonic glass break detector that reacted to heavy rain or hail as if it was a shattering screen, something to do with the frequency/pitch of the sound of the stuff hitting the screen. I fixed it by moving the break detector away from the screen and dangling it. May have prevented it doing its' job properly but so does an alarm that goes off when it shouldnt

Loz1
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 06:12
it's a genuine volvo alarm.

Loz1
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 06:15
On my old 850 I feel that it was the sonic glass break detector that reacted to heavy rain or hail as if it was a shattering screen, something to do with the frequency/pitch of the sound of the stuff hitting the screen. I fixed it by moving the break detector away from the screen and dangling it. May have prevented it doing its' job properly but so does an alarm that goes off when it shouldnt

Is the detector located on the drivers side (black plastic item, about 3" long),

neevo
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 10:01
Is the detector located on the drivers side (black plastic item, about 3" long),yes