PDA

View Full Version : So who thinks their car is a clean one????

vt5
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:08
I dont know about you guys but i am well into concours condition cars, or as close as daily drivers can get to concourse......

How about we set out to find the cleanest 850T5 saloon or estate, and S70 and V70 regardless of mileage.

Of course this will involve pictures and getting them posted, but id like to see us guys putting in some elbow grease on the old dears to keep them tip top and seeing whos the top of the stack.

I know Waxworks and Dave850R are into clean motors and so am I.

Pedro's photo of that guy's concourse winning 850 has wetted my appetite cos hats off to him, thats a clean engine bay. Though i did spot some dirt around the base of the bonnet hinges though.

Thoughts ???? or does :thread:

taha22464
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:17
dont have the time any more but my first mk2 gti was so clean and tasty a few guys came to the door to ask if it was for sale, but i didnt have kids then and the wife didnt drive so it was easy to keep it clean.Jel.
________
HALF-BAKED (http://half-baked.com)

Pedro Fandango
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:20
Pedro's photo of that guy's concourse winning 850 has wetted my appetite cos hats off to him
sure he had about 230K miles on the clock at the last count.

i did go through a stage of cleaning up my engine bay & polishing everything i could, but that phase only lasted about a week lol (i prefer to spend my time getting more BHP, driving her hard & then pay £6 for someone else to wash her lol)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:30
You know that I am already on that road!

Tomcat
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:33
I've been down the show car route before, you can't have both a daily driver and a concourse car. It would take too much time to prep before every show if your using it every day.

glock19
Monday 2nd May 2005, 02:30
Is this clean ?

mailee
Monday 2nd May 2005, 04:31
No but it shows why you haven't had time to clean it this week, ha ha. :slap:

fraz13
Monday 2nd May 2005, 10:11
A wash ma car bout 2-3 times a week depending on weather but wouldnt go to washing inside wheel arch with a sponge or lying underneath polishing the stainless, love a clean interior but sorry but a couldnt go through with all that cottonbud carry-on, Wayne (Judge) commented (and had a giggle that he wasnt the only bodge :haha: ) on ma bodged screwed up kickpanel yesterday but after 5 or so owners,8 or more years and 160 or so thousand miles you really cant expect anymore unless you got loads of cash to be spending at the local dealer, cars like these are for driving and a bit of dirt or road grime never hurt any of them :insane:

M44K TS
Monday 2nd May 2005, 10:47
hmmm, i'm gonna spen all of today cleaning my cars (lets face it what the hell else is there to do on a bank holiday Monday?) I might even post some pics of how clean it is

Back in the day, about 3 years ago, My mini was the cleanest car in the street, every other day it would be washed then every other week it would be waxed, all the chrome cleaned, engine steam cleaned and the interior gutted, i haven't got many pics from when it used to be that clean but i'd love to think i could get the Volvo upto that standard.

Bison
Monday 2nd May 2005, 12:20
I don't know how many of you seen my car up close at avon park, but all i can say is the body work is like showroom, no chips scratches dinks not one! it truly is showroom condition on the out side, and if i was going to sell it, that's how i would describe it.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/417000-417999/417026_14_full.jpg

Bison

vt5
Monday 2nd May 2005, 15:58
Good stuff Bison......a man after my own heart. Cant beat flawless paint.

Dave as usual he is on that road, as am I

You disappoint me you guys, Pedro, you pay someone £6 to clean it for you???? wheres the love man, wheres the love.

I caught the bug after owning a few old 80' cars BMW's Audis etc and bringing them back to showroom life, with one day making a display at north west VW / Audi show at Tatton Park. You dont tire from the comments of "bloody hell thats a clean one" and to be fair my 850 gets the same comments at the moment though to me its still got a long way to go.

I disagree that it takes your entire life to get a car to that stage and keep it that way. Like Fraz i wash mine when it gets dirty, if thats once a week fine if its more then fine. Keep em clean and hand wash them regularily and you will find your paintwork coming back to life.

Well i guess winning a show and shine wont be too hard then :smile:

I can feel you guys wanting to show me up now at the next meet. Ha Ha let it be that way if it means more mint T5's in the world. :wink:

Pedro Fandango
Monday 2nd May 2005, 17:10
You disappoint me you guys, Pedro, you pay someone £6 to clean it for you???? wheres the love man, wheres the love.
theres a nice couple who park at the local retail park who charge £6 to jet over, sponge down then chammy her over (while in sit in McDonalds & watch)

once i'm upto date with all my modification (if that will ever happen) i may put some time/effort/money into getting her shiny under the bonnet

PS i must admit i've still got the race number from Avon Park written on my rear window, i'll get her washed before saturday's dyno-day

vt5
Monday 2nd May 2005, 17:38
Did you watch "super size me" about McD's?

Yours is usually clean though and McDonalds does taste damn good.....lol

Pedro Fandango
Monday 2nd May 2005, 17:45
Did you watch "super size me" about McD's?
no i missed it, but i know people who have worked there in the past, so i should know better than to eat there after some of the stories they told me :shockedbi

Yours is usually clean though and McDonalds does taste damn good.....lol
i'm ashame to admit she does only get cleaned before a show/meet (or if my old man is bored)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd May 2005, 23:55
Prefer to clean the car myself -

A) I know it is done right
B) Keep the 6 quid and spend it on beer!

GuyD5
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:12
Prefer Wobbly Dave to clean her...

B) Keep the 6 quid and spend it on beer with Dave! :D

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:37
Prefer Wobbly Dave to clean her...

B) Keep the 6 quid and spend it on beer with Dave! :D
LMAO! You been out on the ale again?

GuyD5